The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Super Ninja

Perhaps Taoism Drunkard and The Young Taoism Fighter?

Also, I heard we're finally getting The Champions, hope this is true. 

• Like 2

nahnahnah
Posted (edited)

TheChampions-3D-pack-CLEAN-website-500px

SPECIAL FEATURES
Limited edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]
1080p HD presentation on Blu-ray from a brand new 2K restoration
Original Cantonese audio and optional English dub tracks (original mono presentations)
Optional English subtitles, newly translated for this release
Brand new audio commentary by East Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
Brand new audio commentary by action cinema experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
Andrew Heskins on The Champions – brand new interview with film critic Andrew Heskins (eastern Kicks)
Brand new featurette by CFK looking at the 1987 Hong Kong celebrity football / soccer team that featured a number of Hong Kong legends including Jackie Chan and Andy Lau
Reversible sleeve featuring original poster artwork
Trailer
A limited edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by James Oliver [2000 copies]

Edited by nahnahnah
  • Like 7
  • Love 3

nahnahnah
Posted (edited)

TwoTaoistTales-3D-pack-website-500px.jpg

SPECIAL FEATURES
Limited edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]
Set Includes: Taoism Drunkard & Young Taoism Fighter
Both films presented in 1080p HD from brand new 2K restorations
Original Cantonese audio and optional English dub tracks (original mono presentations)
Brand new audio commentaries on both films by East Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
Brand new audio commentaries on both films by action cinema experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
Brand new interview with director and actor Yuen Cheung-yan
Brand new interview with critic Andrew Heskins (easternKicks)
Trailers
A limited edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Southeast Asian horror expert Dr. Katarzyna Ancuta, and Daniel O’Brien, author of Spooky Encounters [2000 copies]
* All extras subject to change

Edited by nahnahnah
  • Like 7
  • Love 4

Chemical Lemon

Ha!  September is a stacked month!  Obviously stoked about the Taoism set, but also have never seen the Champions. Great month!  I might have woken up every 10 minutes to refresh UK Amazon last night looking for early info 

• Like 1

Yihetuan
11 minutes ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Ha!  September is a stacked month!  Obviously stoked about the Taoism set, but also have never seen the Champions. Great month!  I might have woken up every 10 minutes to refresh UK Amazon last night looking for early info 

It's funny now that you look back at the clues that it's quite obvious that it was futbol related but everyone was saying Shaolin Soccer lol ...I even checked CFK to see if they would drop any hints but Arne & his crew kept to the NDA. Looking forward to their segment on the HK celebrity soccer team

https://www.instagram.com/crazyfromkong/

• Like 1

ChillyChong
59 minutes ago, nahnahnah said:

SPECIAL FEATURES
Brand new audio commentary by East Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
Andrew Heskins on The Champions – brand new interview with film critic Andrew Heskins (eastern Kicks)
Brand new featurette by CFK looking at the 1987 Hong Kong celebrity football / soccer team that featured a number of Hong Kong legends including Jackie Chan and Andy Lau
Trailer
A limited edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by James Oliver [2000 copies]

Wow..first no hesitation for few months.moon lee and soccer..no need for penalty kicks

Yggdrasil
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Wonder why they skipped Miracle Fighters 2, and released Miracle Fighters 3 & 4 instead.

Chemical Lemon
2 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Wonder why they skipped Miracle Fighters 2, and released Miracle Fighters 3 & 4 instead.

I don’t think fortune star owns the rights to this one and I’m not even sure there’s a good copy of it. I’ve not seen one better looking than the old vhs copy. But I also don’t know what’s been floating around the back channels

• Like 1

OldPangYau
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

It's funny now that you look back at the clues that it's quite obvious that it was futbol related but everyone was saying Shaolin Soccer lol ...I even checked CFK to see if they would drop any hints but Arne & his crew kept to the NDA. Looking forward to their segment on the HK celebrity soccer team

https://www.instagram.com/crazyfromkong/

It wasn't related to that at all, at least mine weren't 🤣 My clues were strictly related to the Taoism set, lol. Basically "look to today" was in reference to the US release of The Miracle Fighters and "no second chances, but third and fourth dances"... couldn't get Shaolin Drunkard (the second film), but the third and fourth films. But on that note, Chemical Lemon is right, that's the one FS doesn't have, as it's sadly sitting with First Films... and the rest of that catalog that seemingly no one can get (i.e. no Master of the Flying Guillotine)

• Like 5

OldPangYau
1 hour ago, nahnahnah said:

SPECIAL FEATURES
Trailer

So funny enough, even though I'm working on this, I could've sworn it was an October release, lol. If all goes well, it will indeed have the alternate Cantonese track as an option with Yuen Biao's theme song 😉

• Like 5

ironfistedmonk

Those Crazy Yuen bastards!  Don't think I've seen Young Taoism Fighter, surprised Shaolin Drunkard wasn't picked up, different rights holder?  

Was gonna grab the HK blu of The Champions but glad I held off now, keep em coming Eureka!

• Like 1

randomiseallmytargets
2 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

Me when I finally get my hand on The Champions disc:

india-fan.gif

at the risk of losing face here i've never even heard of The Champions before

• Like 1

saltysam

Money saved! For those that want these enjoy, but none for me this time round .

randomiseallmytargets
On 5/23/2024 at 3:51 PM, ShawAngela said:

I'm not really objective as I love Wang Yu a lot, but here are some of my favorite movies of his :

Rage of the masters

Iron man

Furious slaughter

The invincible sword

The lantern street

Asia Pol

The sword of swords

Trail of the broken blade

The man from Hong Kong

My son

The brave and the evil

Showdown

The invincible

The fast fists

Seaman n°7

Four real friends

The great hunter

The double double cross

I didn't mention his most famous movies at the Shaws' and some other ones, but these ones are very good for me.

*takes a couple notes* i've been trying to watch Seaman no 7 for a minute now but can't seem to find it 

Yihetuan
1 hour ago, OldPangYau said:

It wasn't related to that at all, at least mine weren't 🤣 My clues were strictly related to the Taoism set, lol. Basically "look to today" was in reference to the US release of The Miracle Fighters and "no second chances, but third and fourth dances"... couldn't get Shaolin Drunkard (the second film), but the third and fourth films. But on that note, Chemical Lemon is right, that's the one FS doesn't have, as it's sadly sitting with First Films... and the rest of that catalog that seemingly no one can get (i.e. no Master of the Flying Guillotine)

I took look to today as a reference to the Euro UEFA going on right now 😑

Yihetuan
36 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Money saved! For those that want these enjoy, but none for me this time round .

Arrow has their announcement tomorrow. Might be something there that piques your interest.

• Buddha Bless You 1

4 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

SPECIAL FEATURES
Trailer

Instant pre-order!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

TwoTaoistTales-3D-pack-website-500px.jpg

SPECIAL FEATURES
Set Includes: Taoism Drunkard & Young Taoism Fighter
Both films presented in 1080p HD from brand new 2K restorations
Brand new audio commentaries on both films by East Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
Brand new audio commentaries on both films by action cinema experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
Brand new interview with director and actor Yuen Cheung-yan
Brand new interview with critic Andrew Heskins (easternKicks)
Trailers
A limited edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Southeast Asian horror expert Dr. Katarzyna Ancuta, and Daniel O’Brien, author of Spooky Encounters [2000 copies]
* All extras subject to change

I hope this means Drunken Tai Chi will be next to be released.

• Like 2

OldPangYau
2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I took look to today as a reference to the Euro UEFA going on right now 😑

Yeah, everyone in the blu-ray.com forums took every other possible guess at my clues than the one already related to Eureka, lol.

• Haha 1

ChillyChong
27 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

I think you'll like A Queen's Ransom. Tanny Tien looks hella good in this & Judy Brown in her only role in a HK film is kinda sexy too even if I was lmao during her steamy scene with Lazenby.

I place an order for QR tonight. I am not unfortunately into those spiritual kung fus but more serious 70s action feels safe pick.

• Like 1