The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

This is amazing news, if guaranteed. I can take or leave Zu but all the others I'd love on Blu Ray.

Me too, I wouldn't bother with Zu but the others would be definite purchases. 

Edited by andy338

9 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

Hello everyone! :)

Some of you probably know by now I have been assisting Eureka with all the Hong Kong releases.

I hope you all have been enjoying the releases so far. :)

Alot of love is going into them that's for sure. I had originally planned to be more active in this thread, but it's always dead.

Hopefully with the announcement of the upcoming 2019 titles it will get more active in here. :)

Here is what is currently confirmed for 2019

Wheels on Meals

Hand of Death/Last Hurrah for Chivalry (box set)

Eastern Condors/Magnificent Butcher/Iron Fisted Monk

Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain

I have already been working on getting the best quality original language audio tracks & making sure we get them classic English dubs on all the upcoming releases.

New English subtitle translations are being worked on as well.

Feel free to post or PM me questions.

As always if anyone here wants to contribute or help on the upcoming releases or have any suggestions please feel free to PM me. :)

Always looking for HK laserdisc audio even if it's not listed as an upcoming Eureka title.

So if anyone has a large HK laserdisc collection and can rip audio please contact me.

I'm currently looking for the rare Japanese laserdisc for Magnificent Butcher so if anyone has this please PM me.

Will the Sammo Hung titles be a boxset or individual releases? Will Eastern Condors & Iron Fisted Monk be cut as they were on the HKL releases?

Edited by andy338

33 minutes ago, andy338 said:

Will the Sammo Hung titles be a boxset or individual releases? Will Eastern Condors & Iron Fisted Monk be cut as they were on the HKL releases?

I believe this is going to be a box set. Both previously cut films are being resubmitted and Iron Fisted Monk should pass through uncut now. :)

Eastern Condors will probably still have that 33 second cut, but cross your fingers and maybe we will get lucky! 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

Hello everyone! :)

Some of you probably know by now I have been assisting Eureka with all the Hong Kong releases.

I hope you all have been enjoying the releases so far. :)

Alot of love is going into them that's for sure. I had originally planned to be more active in this thread, but it's always dead.

Hopefully with the announcement of the upcoming 2019 titles it will get more active in here. :)

Here is what is currently confirmed for 2019

Wheels on Meals

Hand of Death/Last Hurrah for Chivalry (box set)

Eastern Condors/Magnificent Butcher/Iron Fisted Monk

I have already been working on getting the best quality original language audio tracks & making sure we get them classic English dubs on all the upcoming releases.

New English subtitle translations are being worked on as well.

Feel free to post or PM me questions.

As always if anyone here wants to contribute or help on the upcoming releases or have any suggestions please feel free to PM me. :)

Always looking for HK laserdisc audio even if it's not listed as an upcoming Eureka title.

So if anyone has a large HK laserdisc collection and can rip audio please contact me.

I'm currently looking for the rare Japanese laserdisc for Magnificent Butcher so if anyone has this please PM me.

Eastern Condors any chance this will include the deleted prison footage that was in the Taiwan Version thanks

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

I believe this is going to be a box set. Both previously cut films are being resubmitted and Iron Fisted Monk should pass through uncut now. :)

Eastern Condors will probably still have that 33 second cut, but cross your fingers and maybe we will get lucky! 

I find the problem with boxsets is that you have to buy films that you don't really want just to get the ones that you do. For example I'd get Hand of Death but I don't want Last Hurrah for Chivalry so i'll probably just not get that set, for the same reason I decided against the Project A set (i'm not keen on the 2nd one) but i'd have bought the 1st. These should be available to buy individually.

5 minutes ago, andy338 said:

I find the problem with boxsets is that you have to buy films that you don't really want just to get the ones that you do. For example I'd get Hand of Death but I don't want Last Hurrah for Chivalry so i'll probably just not get that set, for the same reason I decided against the Project A set (i'm not keen on the 2nd one) but i'd have bought the 1st. These should be available to buy individually.

The way I see it, even if you don't like one of the moves in a box-set, you're getting the one you do love for twenty five quid. Sure, convert that to dollars and you're paying more than you usually would for a Blu Ray but you're not paying much more than your average Marvel film costs. For me, personally, that isn't too bad. I don't mind parting with a few dollars more than usual to get a quality kung fu film with great special features and super nice packaging.

Not that I'm judging you or anything. To each his own. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

This might change, with the announcent of more new official releases, look forward to seeing more posts from you, here in this thread.

48 minutes ago, andy338 said:

I find the problem with boxsets is that you have to buy films that you don't really want just to get the ones that you do.

I see what you are saying, but you could purchase the Police Story box-set, here in the U.K at least, for £25. Those two movies sold for £20 on DVD here, so for an extra five pounds you got both films, and as fans, there's useally one we prefer, more than the other.

19 hours ago, Graysman said:

Eastern Condors any chance this will include the deleted prison footage that was in the Taiwan Version thanks

I wouldn't count on Fortune Star having the deleted footage unfortunately. But it is possible they came across it when doing the new scan. I will definitely be putting in a request for it. :)

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

I wouldn't count on Fortune Star having the deleted footage unfortunately. But it is possible they came across it when doing the new scan. I will definitely be putting in a request for it. :)

Awesome thanks irongod 

• Like 2

On 12/19/2018 at 6:17 PM, Irongod2112 said:

snake scenes isnt that bad its over so quick aswell

5 hours ago, thehangman said:

Hope they include Eastern condors stage show on bluray and maybe the deleted scenes if avaliable

Love to see spooky encounters aswell

As long as there are no legal issues I plan to have Eureka include the Eastern Condors stage show as an extra. :)

Sammo is my absolute favorite so I did tell Eureka to pick up the following when the new scans are done & made available.

Encounters of the Spooky Kind

Prodigal Son

Warriors Two

Millionaires Express

Knockabout

So support the current releases and we will get more titles like this. :)

• Like 5

kingofkungfu2002
18 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

I bought 4 of the Project A boxset, and 3 of the OUATIC boxset...I'm doing my bit. :tongueout

• Like 3

Wow great titles! 

The gymnastics required to own most of these on BluRay right now are... headache-inducing.

Eureka are a godsend. Any plans to make BluRays that are region A?

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:33 PM, Irongod2112 said:

Will Zu include the international cut?

• Like 2

Master with OK Fingers
12 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

As long as there are no legal issues I plan to have Eureka include the Eastern Condors stage show as an extra. :)

Sammo is my absolute favorite so I did tell Eureka to pick up the following when the new scans are done & made available.

Encounters of the Spooky Kind

Prodigal Son

Warriors Two

Millionaires Express

Knockabout

You have made my Christmas! I can't wait for these. Especially Wheels on Meals announced previously. I don't suppose that there any chance of Above the Law (Righting Wrongs) coming soon?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

Will Zu include the international cut?

Yes this will most likely include the international cut but probably not in HD just standard def.

We also have plans to include that Tsui Hark episode of the Incredibly Strange film show as one of the extras. :)

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Wow great titles! 

The gymnastics required to own most of these on BluRay right now are... headache-inducing.

Eureka are a godsend. Any plans to make BluRays that are region A?

Eureka is based in the UK and titles licensed by Fortune Star are required to be region B locked so no region A titles unfortunately.

That being said region free players are not that expensive these days. ;)

Edited by Irongod2112
  • Like 2