The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Kung Fu Cult Master for me. I had UK dvd titled as Evil Cult but remember nothing about movie. So I guess it was average same as New legend of shaolin. Great and bad movies are easier to remember than average/fairly good ones specially if seen just once. At least female cast is damn gorgeous...

If some UK label gets Fong Sai Yuk wish it be Eureka!rather than 88 because chances for double feature are perhaps better. Haven`t even seen 2nd movie but first is good one.

• Like 3

legendarycurry

I don't think new subtitles for Evil Cult will be as fun. the low exposure time and grammatical errors of my DVD really added to the all over the place vibe of it. will still buy if Sharla is interviewed for extras however.

12 minutes ago, legendarycurry said:

I don't think new subtitles for Evil Cult will be as fun. the low exposure time and grammatical errors of my DVD really added to the all over the place vibe of it. will still buy if Sharla is interviewed for extras however.

Only “ new “ extra seems to be an archival Sammo interview …..that and of course a commentary from Frank Djeng 😎

• Like 1

ironfistedmonk
22 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I might have to double dip on Samurai Wolf even though I own the Film Movement Blu ray double pack just for the cover. Heaps better than the FM version.

Screenshot_20231025-112949.png

Yeah the covers of the Japanese movies they are putting out are brilliant, is it Tony Stella doing the artwork?  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Yeah the covers of the Japanese movies they are putting out are brilliant, is it Tony Stella doing the artwork?  

Yes, that's his artwork. Brilliant artist for sure.

Limited edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Tony Stella [2000 copies]

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I'm sure it is, but I can just about watch The day the earth stood still.

Also a must. When it comes to American sci-fi movies of the 1950s, it don't get much better than that.

3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:
3 hours ago, ironfistedmonk said:

I wonder why they don't ask @KUNG FU BOB to do them ? It's been a while that I haven't seen any of his artwork, or am I mistaken ?

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yeyyeyyeyyyyyy bring them Jet Li movies. Will definitely preorder it tomorrow. Slowly Jet Li movies enter the stage which amuses me. And this time with a nice coverart, too.

New legend, taichi, fongsaiyuk... go ahead we'll buy them.

• Like 3

Niklaus Vogel

Very disappointed that Frank Djeng was not asked to do the audio commentary for WHEN TAEKWONDO STRIKES. I really enjoyed his double commentaries with Michael Worth and Bobby Samuels on the last Angela Mao Double Feature release of HAPKIDO and LADY WHIRLWIND and I was looking forward to hearing him pairing again with either Michael or Bobby on WTS. I particularly enjoyed Michael's analysis of those two films' fight choreography and cinematography as he's himself a martial artist and a cinematographer.  Not having him giving similar insights on WTS is a huge loss.

• Like 2

Eureka likely starts shipping jet li box these days if not have done already. I have not watched Dr Wai ever but own eastern heroes dvd. Here is menu for extra scenes in case someone is interested;

Sieppaa2.PNG

Few years ago my friend had ambitious idea releasing Naked killer. Assuming he was in contact with legit person it costs about 80 000€. That maybe can come up with but not that simple. Need money to press brs, artwork and better if produce some extras. Me or him doing commentary track nobody would be interested better if bey logan or frank djeng. And find retailers who sell it who take their slice of pie. Buying more movies would have been just little more but it means more money needed to start with.

And would need reserve money to pocket in case there are legal issues. Eventually he was convinced if title like that is released it will be better handled to either with big guns company or if some small label person who has experience.

• Like 1

I am sure they reasons but as outsider seems they have weird shipping system. 3 Jet Li movies have not entered to shipping status yet but Supercop I bought on thursday is already on it`s way.

• Administrator
On 10/26/2023 at 7:38 AM, Yggdrasil said:

Got both of them on DVD

20231026_123708.jpg

I've got these, and I'm holding onto them tightly until a proper Blu-ray (if ever) comes out. The Blu from Ronin is the US one basically. It's a shame because the PQ is vastly improved over these old DVDs.

On 10/26/2023 at 12:49 PM, ironfistedmonk said:

On 10/26/2023 at 12:59 PM, Yihetuan said:

Agreed! I love Tony Stella's work. If I'd known this UK release was coming I'd have held off from buying the Film Movement release because I dig the Eureka cover so much more. The only other difference seems to be the booklets- Robin Gatto for the US one and Tom Mes for the UK one. I'm not sure if I've read any of Gatto's work (though the name sounds familiar), but I'm certainly a fan of Mes's work and have a few of his books.

On 10/26/2023 at 4:15 PM, ShawAngela said:

I wonder why they don't ask @KUNG FU BOB to do them ? It's been a while that I haven't seen any of his artwork, or am I mistaken ?

@ShawAngela I've been very busy. Lots going on life-wise, but soon you will see more of my work for various companies which hasn't been released yet. Thanks for thinking of me. :wink:

• Like 5

Yellow faced tiger would be great. Have seen it just once really long time ago, likely cut version. Remember only cigarette scene and Want Tao uses garden shovels  to fight enemies.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, bickle14 said:

Slaughter in San Francisco?

Slaughter in San Francisco played in Northern California theaters under a different title (since that was decades ago, I no longer remember the somewhat innocuous title). I think that someone important in San Francisco, like the mayor, probably asked the distributor to change the title for while it was playing there, and that's the print distributed in Northern California.