The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Since Eureka is on a Jet Li kick , It’d be cool if they did a Jet Li / Wong Jing 4 pack set 

High Risk

Last Hero Of China

Kung Fu Cult Master

Legend Of The Red Dragon

That’d be a instant preorder for me 😎 

• Buddha Bless You 1

3 hours ago, HeavenSword said:

Since Eureka is on a Jet Li kick , It’d be cool if they did a Jet Li / Wong Jing 4 pack set 

High Risk

Last Hero Of China

Kung Fu Cult Master

Legend Of The Red Dragon

That’d be a instant preorder for me 😎 

Can they even  get the rights to Last Hero In China? I heard there was some issues for some people wanting to release it. That would be nice if Eureka is able to release it along with New Legend of Shaolin.

• Buddha Bless You 1

Dragon fight, shaolin temple 1&2 and bodyguard from beijing  (+forthcoming eureka! box) are only ones would buy on br.last hero already has pretty ok br release would not double dip.

ironfistedmonk

I thought the melodrama was actually done quite well in She Shoots Straight, it's usually cheesy as hell in HK flix but it was alright in that one

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

Dragon fight, shaolin temple 1&2 and bodyguard from beijing  (+forthcoming eureka! box) are only ones would buy on br.last hero already has pretty ok br release would not double dip.

Give it up Warners, Give up Dragon Fight!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JCFan2024 said:

Can they even  get the rights to Last Hero In China? I heard there was some issues for some people wanting to release it. That would be nice if Eureka is able to release it along with New Legend of Shaolin.

Last I heard, Criterion almost had the rights to it for the OUATIC box set, but Tsui Hark personally forbade its inclusion.  So buying the rights for a standalone should still be viable. 

1 hour ago, starschwar said:

Last I heard, Criterion almost had the rights to it for the OUATIC box set, but Tsui Hark personally forbade its inclusion.  So buying the rights for a standalone should still be viable. 

I heard there were issues trying to include Last Hero in China in the set. I was abit surprised  to hear that was attempted but it wasn't a sucesss. I'd welcome a release from Eureka if it ever happens it's my favorite Jet Li Wong Fei Hung flim outside Once Upon in China 1 & 2.  It has Jet Li vs Gordon Liu / Jet Li Vs the late Adam  Cheng using Drunken Boxing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JCFan2024 said:

Jet Li Vs the late Adam  Cheng using Drunken Boxing.

:thinkingAFAIK Adam Cheng is still alive and certainly did not appear in movie. You are thinking veteran actor who had special shirt to counter Wong Fei Hungs shadowless kick, I can`t remember his name tho..

19 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

:thinkingAFAIK Adam Cheng is still alive and certainly did not appear in movie. You are thinking veteran actor who had special shirt to counter Wong Fei Hungs shadowless kick, I can`t remember his name tho..

That was actor Alan Chui who passed away just last year at age 70.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

Alan Chui Chung-san  he was the one with the metal shirt🤦I know silly me, mixing them up.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JCFan2024 said:

Alan Chui Chung-san  he was the one with the metal shirt🤦I know silly me, mixing them up.

You had me for a sec 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I was legit going nuts. But yes a spectacular fight scene with Chui And Li

19 minutes ago, Ah_Tao said:

You had me for a sec 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I was legit going nuts. But yes a spectacular fight scene with Chui And Li

Alan gave Jet a great fight in the flim. But Alan's laugh though on each scene he was in. 

• Love 1

• Administrator
On 8/30/2023 at 3:32 PM, JCFan2024 said:

Alan gave Jet a great fight in the flim. But Alan's laugh though on each scene he was in. 

I love this fight in LAST HERO IN CHINA!

I've seen it many times in a few different ways, and each had variations on some of the subtitles. But my favorite iteration is when the villain says "I thought your dad said you're not allowed to drink?" and Wong (Jet) replies "That's right. (takes a swig) Because when I drink, I kill." and the look on our hero's face becomes extremely fierce.

Fingers crossed this gets an official, English-friendly release.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I've seen it many times in a few different ways, and each had variations on some of the subtitles. But my favorite iteration is when the villain says "I thought your dad said you're not allowed to drink?" and Wong (Jet) replies "That's right. (takes a swig) Because when I drink, I kill." and the look on our hero's face becomes extremely fierce.

🙏🙏🙏🙏Same, It needs it.  It's truly a classic in its own right.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 12:59 AM, KUNG FU BOB said:

It's coming from 88 films.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Diabolik and Orbit DVD will not be carrying the Jet Li set due to (quote unquote) "legal reasons" so if you're in the US and want a copy, go and grab it from Eureka (free shipping!).

• Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Diabolik and Orbit DVD will not be carrying the Jet Li set due to (quote unquote) "legal reasons" so if you're in the US and want a copy, go and grab it from Eureka (free shipping!).

Then more than likely a label in the US is releasing one of them...or all of them... Hmmm...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

Best hope there is it has reversible sleeve so can seriously consider throwing slipcase into trashcan where it belongs.

You can always make your own.

On 8/24/2023 at 9:19 AM, ironfistedmonk said:

Are the Royal Tramp films any good?  I see Ching Siu Tung did the action, is it crazy wire fu shit to go with the madcap comedy?

Sorry to be late to this, but Frank Djeng and I recently recorded the commentaries for this set and I was surprised how enjoyable the first one in particular is. It's extremely well made and has pretty strong productive values compared to some of the other movies of that era. Box set is definitely worth getting, they did a super job.

• Like 11
  • Buddha Bless You 1

22 hours ago, FJ DeSanto said:

Sorry to be late to this, but Frank Djeng and I recently recorded the commentaries for this set and I was surprised how enjoyable the first one in particular is. It's extremely well made and has pretty strong productive values compared to some of the other movies of that era. Box set is definitely worth getting, they did a super job.

Your interview on Fanatical Dragon's  YouTube was 👏 👍👊‼️