The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

2 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

F4IyqSHXgAA3NF8?format=jpg&name=small

31 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

IMG_2657.jpeg

Finally!!! Two noteworthy titles from Jet Li's filmography. Now hoping for Tai-Chi Master, Fist of Legend (uncut, and featuring hybrid audio from both the original Cantonese and Mandarin tracks) and Black Mask.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, DiP said:

Finally!!! Two noteworthy titles from Jet Li's filmography. Now hoping for Tai-Chi Master, Fist of Legend (uncut, and featuring hybrid audio from both the original Cantonese and Mandarin tracks) and Black Mask.

My father is a hero and Hitman ?

Tai CHi Master and Fist of legend have been released by Shout Factory or am I mistaken ?

30 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Tai CHi Master and Fist of legend have been released by Shout Factory or am I mistaken ?

Yes, correct.

Both were released by Ronin Flix last year. But I hear it's not worth it.

35 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

No, they have been released Ronin Flix using the old Miramax prints in their blu-rays.

8 minutes ago, DiP said:

Yes, correct.

Both were released by Ronin Flix last year. But I hear it's not worth it.

What did you hear that makes it "not worth it"?

The old Miramax prints they had aren't the greatest quality.  The dubtitles don't help neither.. It's just the Dragon Dynasty releases only without Bey Logan's commentary but has the interviews from the  DD dvd / blu-ray releases.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JCFan2024 said:

The old Miramax prints they had aren't the greatest quality.  The dubtitles don't help neither.. It's just the Dragon Dynasty releases only without Bey Logan's commentary but has the interviews from the  DD dvd / blu-ray releases.

Thanks. Somehow I missed your post right above @DiP. I was surprised they used the dubtitles because didn't Ronin Flix make a big deal about newly translated English subs?

Edited by Yihetuan

2 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Thanks. Somehow I missed your post right above @DiP. I was surprised they used the dubtitles because didn't Ronin Flix make a big deal about newly translated English subs?

It's funny  they mentioned  that i saw no difference in the english subtitles on both releases.  It's just a re-release on the Dragon Dynasty releases. If you wait patiently i bet Eureka will be the ones to release either one or both?

I know it sucks for people who can't play region B,  I wish there was a better release but the previous release is just a copy and paste of the Dragon Dynasty release without Bey Logan's commentary on both flims.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

What did you hear that makes it "not worth it"?

Cut version applies for both Fong Sai Yuk 1-2, and Fist of Legend as well.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, DiP said:

Other Jet Li movies I want Eureka or 88 Films to tackle are Dragon Fight and The Bodyguard from Beijing.

Both superb movies !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DiP said:

Other Jet Li movies I want Eureka or 88 Films to tackle are Dragon Fight and The Bodyguard from Beijing.

Bodyguard from Bejing perhaps, Dragon Fight is stuck in a vault at Warners and those greedy clowns have no plans to release it or have anyone have the rights unless they go bankrupt.

Yessss amazing news for me, bad news for my bank account, f... you bank account...

Definite purchase for me.

I hope these pave the way for Fongsaiyuk, Taichi master, New legend of Shaolin and the others.

THE ROYAL TRAMP COLLECTION (Royal Tramp & Royal Tramp II) (Eureka Classics) Special Edition Blu-ray

HEROES & VILLAINS: Three films starring Jet Li (Eureka Classics) 3 Disc Special Edition Blu-ray
(After the massive success of the Once Upon a Time in China series, Jet Li moved away from period settings and started to focus on action films set in the modern-era, a decision that would make him an international icon and of the biggest stars in the history of martial arts cinema.)
--- Hitman, My Father is a Hero, Dr Wai: The Scripture With No Words

Kuo re-releases:

DEADLY MASTERS! 4 KUNG FU CLASSICS FROM DIRECTOR JOSEPH KUO (Eureka Classics) 2-Disc Blu-ray Set
(The 7 Grandmasters, The 36 Deadly Styles, The World of Drunken Master, and The Old Master)

FEARLESS SHAOLIN! 4 KUNG FU CLASSICS FROM DIRECTOR JOSEPH KUO (Eureka Classics) 2-Disc Blu-ray Set
(Shaolin Kung Fu, The Shaolin Kids, 18 Bronzemen, and Return of the 18 Bronzemen)

Edited by bickle14
  • Like 4

ironfistedmonk

Are the Royal Tramp films any good?  I see Ching Siu Tung did the action, is it crazy wire fu shit to go with the madcap comedy?

36 minutes ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Are the Royal Tramp films any good?  I see Ching Siu Tung did the action, is it crazy wire fu shit to go with the madcap comedy?

Good action, but be prepared to hear a lot of dick jokes …..at least In the first Royal Tramp anyway.

2 hours ago, ironfistedmonk said:

They are mainly comedies with some action here and there. If you want that, look elsewhere. If you like Stephen Chow, watch the movies.

Edited by DiP