The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Chemical Lemon
5 minutes ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Yeah that’s a good point. Eurekas covers for samurai movies and Japanese films in general are typically much better than their HK films. Maybe they saw an opportunity to make this more of a samurai movie cover due to the presence of samurai in the movie

I just looked over the eureka martial arts covers and I sort of take this back. There are definitely some good ones in here. I think on average though the other labels are a little better and this is a great cover.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Yeah that’s a good point. Eurekas covers for samurai movies and Japanese films in general are typically much better than their HK films. Maybe they saw an opportunity to make this more of a samurai movie cover due to the presence of samurai in the movie

If you watch the film, you will see that Wang Yu looks like this in the film. And Eureka’s artwork is a take on the original artwork for the film (that also happens to be a still from the film) 

DF7E16F1-7C31-42DF-B899-9AFE3F40DD8C.jpeg

Edited by Django
  • Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, Chemical Lemon said:

I'm going to run in blind with this. Just buy it and hope for the best. Just go wirh the cover art.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

I'm going to run in blind with this. Just buy it and hope for the best. Just go wirh the cover art.

I really dont think you'll be disappointed. This one is probably my favourite wang yu film along with return of one armed swordsman. Most of wang yu films i do like but need to be in the mood for his particular basher style but this is probably one of his best as far as choreography and violence goes. Quite bloody from what i remember but i only saw the joysales dvd which i read somewhere is cut. Anyone any ideas if thats the case? 

• Like 1

ironfistedmonk
20 hours ago, Red Lion said:

I really dont think you'll be disappointed. This one is probably my favourite wang yu film along with return of one armed swordsman. Most of wang yu films i do like but need to be in the mood for his particular basher style but this is probably one of his best as far as choreography and violence goes. Quite bloody from what i remember but i only saw the joysales dvd which i read somewhere is cut. Anyone any ideas if thats the case? 

I've only seen the Joy Sales release as well, I don't remember seeing any obvious cuts and it is quite a brutal and bloody film

• Like 2

On 7/20/2023 at 6:53 PM, Drunken Monk said:

I haven't seen either of these films but just got my pre-order in!

Already available for preorders ?!

Drunken Monk
8 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Already available for preorders ?!

Yep. You can order on Eureka's site now.

• Like 1

A little heads up for those of you who's been snoozing on the Joseph Kuo set, it has now sold out completely from Eureka so now might be the time to get it off some other retailer before it's gone completely elsewhere too.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 7/31/2023 at 4:18 AM, Django said:

A little heads up for those of you who's been snoozing on the Joseph Kuo set, it has now sold out completely from Eureka so now might be the time to get it off some other retailer before it's gone completely elsewhere too.

They should have made a volume two,,,,

Orbitdvd has four left

Grindhouse Video has three left

Diabolikdvd has two left

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

6 hours ago, Big Gator said:

They should have made a volume two,,,,

Orbitdvd has four left

Grindhouse Video has three left

Diabolikdvd has two left

I agree, I was always bummed out that Born Invincible, and Mystery of Chess-boxing weren't included..

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

thundered mantis

A volume two with:

Born Invincible

Mystery of Chess Boxing

Dragon Claws

Shaolin Temple Strikes Back

Treasure of Bruce Lee

Unbeaten 28

Incredible 3

Hero of Kwan Tong

That would be THE RELEASE of 2023

• Like 13
  • Buddha Bless You 2

A box no.2 would indeed be very welcome, I really enjoyed the first set. Does Mei Ah own the rights to all of the Kuo films? 

Born Invincible would be a dream come to true ! Still trying to find that Japanese widescreen VHS.. 

Edited by Django
  • Like 5

Irongod2112
22 hours ago, Django said:

Born Invincible would be a dream come to true ! Still trying to find that Japanese widescreen VHS.. 

Taiwan Film Institute has plans to restore Born Invincible. :)

• Like 12
  • Buddha Bless You 2

On 8/5/2023 at 11:53 AM, thundered mantis said:

Dragon Claws

Great old school flick, however there is one scene I definitely could do without.. guess which one 🤣

• Like 1

ironfistedmonk
18 hours ago, Django said:

That would've been great! 

I wonder if they have any plans of restoring any of Lee Tso Nam's classics aswell?

Yeah that would be cool, or a boxset from an indie studio like Goldig or Seasonal.

I'd love to see some double feature releases too like Secret Rivals 1 & 2 or The Loot and The Challenger

• Like 6

Drunken Monk
On 8/6/2023 at 9:46 AM, Irongod2112 said:

Taiwan Film Institute has plans to restore Born Invincible. :)

This is such incredibly exciting news. I hope this somehow leads to a western release.

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 2