The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

20 hours ago, AslanBey said:

You mean "double dragon" right???

:monk_flirting:

You got it. More precisely the absolutely fabulous masterpiece from 1994 with Mark Dacascos.

:laluot_02:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Darth Kermit
On 6/15/2023 at 8:05 AM, nahnahnah said:

EKA70503_SheShootsStraight_slipcase_webs

Yet another boring Darren Wheeling artwork imo. It feels and looks almost the exact same as the ITLOD boxes. Get Tony Stella or @KUNG FU BOB to do your artwork Eureka!

Side question, but @Irongod2112can you say if there will be a region A release? You’ve said so before for stuff like Burning Paradise (though in the opposite direction as VinSyn announced first).

The problem is that Eureka has access to Tony Stella but they do not commission him for the kung fu / HK covers. It also still pains me to miss out on those potential Police Story 4k individuals covers from Kung Fu Bob but apparently Eureka had no more budget left to proceed with them (those covers used instead are poor). 

Edited by BLfan

actionfan93
On 6/16/2023 at 10:33 AM, Darth Kermit said:

Yet another boring Darren Wheeling artwork imo. It feels and looks almost the exact same as the ITLOD boxes. Get Tony Stella or @KUNG FU BOB to do your artwork Eureka!

Side question, but @Irongod2112can you say if there will be a region A release? You’ve said so before for stuff like Burning Paradise (though in the opposite direction as VinSyn announced first).

I too am curious if a Region A release is coming and I think this cover design is too much going on in one image

• Like 1

Irongod2112
On 6/16/2023 at 11:33 AM, Darth Kermit said:

As far as I know there is not a Region A release planned for She Shoots Straight.

• Like 1

Eureka has submitted Stephen Chow's From Beijing With Love (1994) to the BBFC for ratings approval. Can't wait for the upcoming release, and I hope they have other Chow titles like Out of the Dark, King of Comedy, and Love on Delivery.

Edited by nahnahnah
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, nahnahnah said:

Eureka has submitted Stephen Chow's From Beijing With Love (1994) to the BBFC for ratings approval. Can't wait for the upcoming release, and I hope they have other Chow titles like Out of the Dark, King of Comedy, and Love on Delivery.

Excellent, one of my favourite Chow films.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

I need to rewatch From Beijing From Love, I particularly didn't enjoy it all those years ago but it's a modern Stephen Chow movie so it's worth seeing again. I also hope for the uncut version of Love on Delivery.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DiP said:

I need to rewatch From Beijing From Love, I particularly didn't enjoy it all those years ago but it's a modern Stephen Chow movie so it's worth seeing again. I also hope for the uncut version of Love on Delivery.

I would also like an uncut version of Love on Delivery because the blu ray subtitles really kill the mood & comedy of that scene as the word "tits" or "nipples" is completely removed. So basically it's just the reference to breasts and sexual innuendo.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Hows From Beijing With Love?  Is there much action?

More comedy than action. It's a Stephen Chow movie, after all.

3 hours ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Hows From Beijing With Love?  Is there much action?

I loved the scene in the mall where he throws the knives along with the flashback to the earlier gag in the apartment.

• Like 1

Super Ninja
19 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

EKA70506_BeachOfTheWarGods-OCard-website-500px.jpg

This just might be my favorite cover on any Eureka release up till now.

• Like 8

ChillyChong
17 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

This just might be my favorite cover on any Eureka release up till now.

Agreed, Stunning artwork. I rarely put posters into wall but that would have been one hell of a decoration. Sadly no poster but booklet there.

• Like 3

Chemical Lemon
1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

EKA70506_BeachOfTheWarGods-OCard-website-500px.jpg

Yeah can’t agree more on this cover. Eureka routinely have some of the worst covers (for KF) but this is stellar

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Yeah can’t agree more on this cover. Eureka routinely have some of the worst covers (for KF) but this is stellar

Looks like a samurai warrior instead of kung fu 🤣

• Like 2

Chemical Lemon
51 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Looks like a samurai warrior instead of kung fu 🤣

Yeah that’s a good point. Eurekas covers for samurai movies and Japanese films in general are typically much better than their HK films. Maybe they saw an opportunity to make this more of a samurai movie cover due to the presence of samurai in the movie

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

EKA70504_FromBeijingWithLove-OCard-website-pack-500px.jpg

Good thing I waited this long. Was planning to get the HK bluray last year but my intuition said that either Eureka or 88 Films would get the rights to this.

• Like 2