The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

On 9/1/2018 at 7:01 AM, DarkKnight said:

Unfortunately it does come with  part 3 and Once a Upon a Time in a America too.

On 8/31/2018 at 6:11 PM, andy338 said:

Does anybody know if any of these movies will be released separately or is it box set only? I'd pick up OUATIC 1 & 2 but i'm not fussed about part 3 or the one in America

It's just the first three movies, the rights to OUATIA must belong to another company.

Shout might do single disc editions, at some point?.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, robbie said:

I,d prefer enter the fat dragon, crystal fist, victim, secret rivals 1&2 , hitman in hand of Buddha , invincible armour, warriors two, knockabout , above the law, in line of duty 1-5*, better tomorrow1-2,tiger cage1-3*. God of gamblers&return, iron angels1-3, killer. Films that genuinely need restoring.

The movies in bold already have Blu-Ray releases (except for Tiger Cage 3, and In the Line of Duty 3 / 5), so yeah, I would say that no, those don't "genuinely need restoring". Perhaps a restoration could improve their current quality, but we're far from a License to Steal situation with these movies (laserdisc being the best release there is on the planet, unless you own a 35 mm print or something).

I watched all of the ones in bold in HD btw, and they look quite great. A lot more so than movies that really, actually need a restoration.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2018 at 12:31 AM, robbie said:

If they did a brilliant job on the victim, secret rivals, pantyhose hero, enter fat dragon etc i would have been happy. But picked the easiest options and added a few hkl extras. So exciting.

So you want Fortune Star to restore films that they don't have rights to?

Warner won't license any of those (that they own) unless they restore them themselves.

God of Gamblers did get a decent blu-ray release, as well.

And HKR's Project A used the upscale (in places) to recreate the HK version. 

Killer Meteor

You can't expect  companies to magic random HK movies out of thin air. Eureka's modus operandai these days is to license exisiting restorations from various companies.

One Armed Boxer
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:48 AM, DragonClaws said:

It's just the first three movies, the rights to OUATIA must belong to another company.

It includes 'Once Upon a Time in China & America' as well, Eureka! just seem a little confused at how best to market this boxset as a quadrilogy (although admittedly, it doesn't have quite the same ring to it as 'trilogy').

• Like 2

Per Eureka:

Due to unforeseen circumstances the release dates of CITY HUNTER and PROJECT A are now pushed back until 24 September and 29 October, respectively.

I see this as a good thing. It gives them more time to perfect these releases. It's only a week or two more, but it should result in a better product.

• Like 3

thejackiechanshow
On 9/4/2018 at 9:13 PM, professorwho said:

Per Eureka:

I see this as a good thing. It gives them more time to perfect these releases. It's only a week or two more, but it should result in a better product.

Are these all genuine HD?

On 9/6/2018 at 6:01 PM, thejackiechanshow said:

Are these all genuine HD?

Yes. City Hunter and the two Project A films are based on 2K remasters. Police Story 1 and 2 are based on 4K remasters.

Edited by professorwho
  • Like 3

OpiumKungFuCracker

Didn't see a thread on this yet. So Eureka is putting out the complete trilogy of OIATIC on bluray. I've had the movies on dvd before and the audio mixing sucked complete ass. Can't hear a damn thing. Finally a decent release of these movies, FInally, thank you jesus!!!

onceupontrilogy.jpg

• Like 4

TheFlyingPanda

Yup... My pre-order basket is now full adding City Hunter along side of Once Upon a Time Trilogy and Project A set. 

Already picked up the rest and also double dipped (of course) on some like Iron Monkey and Police Story..

Shoot I still have My HKL Police Story 2 New and sealed. I'm not complaining about Eureka! since I missed out on a few of these with HKL    

• Like 4

Have received mine and watched. Mono soundtrack sounds all good to me so that’s great.

The disc had some weird marks on it, like some kind of condensation?? Couldn’t wipe it off. Played fine just annoying for my disc ocd.

5 minutes ago, Ramji said:

like some kind of condensation?

It also happened to me with Shaws' discs from Malaysia and also some Deltamac discs, all being completely unplayable !  You have luck that yours played well !

7 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

It also happened to me with Shaws' discs from Malaysia and also some Deltamac discs, all being completely unplayable !  You have luck that yours played well !

Ahh that sucks, sorry to hear that :( Slightly worrying that your discs didn’t work, makes me think mine might develop a problem in the future....

Probs worrying for no reason however, damn disc ocd lol....

Janus Films (who owns Criterion) has Police Story and Police Story 2 listed on their site.

Don't get your hopes up, it might not get the Criterion treatment. But if it did, there would probably be new extras, but worse video (as Criterion has a track record of poor encoding).

And it better not be Shout! who gets it again... just look what they did to Platoon! Who's to say they won't do the same to any other film?

Edited by professorwho
  • Like 1

Are Eureka! only sending replacement discs to those that ordered from their site? I purchased through Amazon and was just wondering how that works.

23 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Are Eureka! only sending replacement discs to those that ordered from their site? I purchased through Amazon and was just wondering how that works.

I ordered from Amazon. What I did was to contact Eureka and include a screenshot of the shipping confirmation from Amazon. A few hours later I got an answer that I was put on the replacement list.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chrisron said:

I ordered from Amazon. What I did was to contact Eureka and include a screenshot of the shipping confirmation from Amazon. A few hours later I got an answer that I was put on the replacement list.

Sweet. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Chrisron said:

Can confirm that this worked for me, too.