The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

1 hour ago, lastninja said:

The Tournament is the most underrated film of Angela Mao, at least in my opinion. Her kicking skills were never better than in this movie. I really wonder why this movie doesn't have the same level of popularity as Hapkido or When Taekwondo Strikes for instance.

I think, in my personal opinion, is because it just didn't get enough hype and exposure. I absolutely enjoyed this film along with Hapkido and When Taekwondo Strikes. Always great to see Korean martial arts in a kung fu flick.

• Like 3

On 4/25/2023 at 7:44 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

This is the 1973 version of ‘Golgo 13’ with Ken Takakura in the title role (notably also getting a release Stateside by Discotek on May 30th).

As usual, it will come down to the extras. I'm leaning towards the Eureka release for the artwork alone. I'm sure it'll be something better than the Discotek version.

• Like 4

Darth Kermit

Love The Bullet Train, so excited for Golgo 13. Doing some research and there was also a Chiba Golgo 13 adaptation, will have to check that out after this one arrives. Also very very excited for 2 more Chow films in HD! The trailer looks awesome, cannot wait.

• Like 2

ChillyChong
2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Spectrum also released the same Chow Yun Fat' s boxset. I wonder which release is the best to get, now !

If tech details are equal would in your shoes probably support local label. Affects also no need to wait several months..

• Like 1

Super Ninja
2 hours ago, ironfistedmonk said:

I'm tempted to pick up the double feature, how is Golgo 13? 

Great. Worth every cent. 

12 hours ago, Darth Kermit said:

Love The Bullet Train, so excited for Golgo 13. Doing some research and there was also a Chiba Golgo 13 adaptation, will have to check that out after this one arrives. Also very very excited for 2 more Chow films in HD! The trailer looks awesome, cannot wait.

Chiba sequel is more of an exploitation movie, fun but not as great as the original. 

• Like 2

Yggdrasil
21 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

Really looking forward to the Hopping Mad set and the Chow double feature!

Considering I bought the HK blu rays last year, yes, I'm stoaked too because I missed the audio commentary.

• Like 5

Omni Dragon

I'm also looking forward to the Hopping Mad set, particularly as I've never actually seen any of the sequels to Mr. Vampire.

• Like 2

Yggdrasil
3 minutes ago, Omni Dragon said:

I'm also looking forward to the Hopping Mad set, particularly as I've never actually seen any of the sequels to Mr. Vampire.

The original is still the best, but I'd still get them to complete the collection.

• Like 4

Omni Dragon
5 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

The original is still the best, but I'd still get them to complete the collection.

I thought that might be the case. I've pre-ordered the set, so hopefully I'll get it in about 2 weeks time.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Graysman said:

Hopping Mad: The Mr vampire sequels is here.

997F17A9-D3D1-49B1-936E-A6F30B716FA7.jpeg

6129B87F-C7F7-4278-AD73-17FF129A665C.jpeg

How is that possible when the release date is 21st May? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yggdrasil said:

How is that possible when the release date is 21st May? 

It's not unusual for pre-orders to be shipped 1 or even 2 weeks before the release date and sometimes a few days after as well.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

27 minutes ago, bickle14 said:

Eureka always ships my pre-orders out weeks in advance. Hopping Mad shipped out two weeks ago.

I've had mine on pre-order for over a fortnight and I haven't got it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

It's not unusual for pre-orders to be shipped 1 or even 2 weeks before the release date and sometimes a few days after as well.

I suppose it depends on who you know in the industry.

eureka ship international orders first and then in order date for uk orders i believe. I often wait until a couple of weeks before release date and don't usually get it till the Friday or Saturday before release.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2023 at 4:37 PM, saltysam said:

eureka ship international orders first and then in order date for uk orders i believe. I often wait until a couple of weeks before release date and don't usually get it till the Friday or Saturday before release.

I suppose that makes sense. By the time they arrive, it would be close enough to the official release date.