The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Super Ninja
17 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

Wow, it seems everyone´s going to have a bit of his or her preferrred kung fu cake from Eureka! I just hope any of the bunch to be a classic shapes era film.

That makes us two. I'd gladly add Skyhawk and/or Beach to my Eureka coll, but when I read "two old school classics", I immediately thought shapes. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Could Eureka have Blade of Fury?

223EE72C-634B-48E8-8398-8A51BE0C8E19.jpeg

For a minute, I suddenly skipped a beat and muddled up The Blade with  the Blade of Fury. Both excellent films in my opinion. 

• Like 3

Hmm. Yuen Yat-Chor, Elvis Tsui, Ben Lam. Long Arm Of The Law 2?

Ok guys. Don't leave me hanging like this. What movie ist this picture from?

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
2 minutes ago, DiP said:

That's definitely Long Arm of the Law 2. It's a good movie in its' own right.

I watched Long Arm of the Law this morning and really didn't care for it all that much. If there's a box set coming (and I'm just speculating), I hope the sequels are better.

On 4/21/2023 at 7:16 PM, Drunken Monk said:

I watched Long Arm of the Law this morning and really didn't care for it all that much. If there's a box set coming (and I'm just speculating), I hope the sequels are better.

The first movie is a category of its' own in comparison to the sequels. The sequels have more violence and action, especially part 3.

I can agree with you on the first movie to an extent. The movie made me almost fall asleep during half of the movie's running time (when the criminals lay low) but once the criminals get hunted down by the cops leading up to the grand finale at Kowloon Walled City, the movie goes all-in. It's the forerunner to the heroic crime subgenre, and you can tell it had a great influence on both John Woo and Ringo Lam when they made their contribution to the genre.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 4

Drunken Monk

I just discovered that I own both part 2 and part 3 so I’ll be watching them ASAP. Though a part of me doesn’t want to just in case a box set is planned. I’d rather watch them in crisp HD than the standard def DVD versions I have.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
24 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

EE602A81-DF72-44F1-9186-6348278F440B.jpeg

This is the 1973 version of ‘Golgo 13’ with Ken Takakura in the title role (notably also getting a release Stateside by Discotek on May 30th).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HeavenSword said:

Is This The Dragon Family ??

IMG_3721.jpeg

I have a bootleg DVD of Dragon Family! If it is true it will be extremely exciting news👍👍🥋🥋

• Like 1

HeavenSword
4 hours ago, bickle14 said:

Looks like it. 

Nope you were right. It’s Rich & Famous . Damn , hopefully Dragon family comes one day ! 

• Like 2

ChillyChong
Just now, HeavenSword said:

Nope you were right. It’s Rich & Famous . Damn , hopefully Dragon family comes one day ! 

Damn indeed. Never seen R&F and buy it but would rather have upgraded dragon family to BR. Such a great movie with quality action unarmed&with guns and even swords.

• Like 2

HeavenSword
19 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

Damn indeed. Never seen R&F and buy it but would rather have upgraded dragon family to BR. Such a great movie with quality action unarmed&with guns and even swords.

Yea, Alan Tam , Andy Lau and Max Mok put in some serious work in the action scenes …..but we still have Beach Of The War Gods to look forward to also 😎

• Like 3

ChillyChong
5 minutes ago, HeavenSword said:

Yea, Alan Tam , Andy Lau and Max Mok put in some serious work in the action scenes …..but we still have Beach Of The War Gods to look forward to also 😎

Really?Interesting...I haven`t seen it since days of VHS and remember only

Spoiler

jimmy wang yu drops dead in the end

Definitely purchase if Beach will be released.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, thehangman said:

Would love to see The Tournament

And some Sammo films,Maybe wheres officer Tuba?

Yes, love to see more of Sammo. By hook or by crook.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, thehangman said:

Would love to see The Tournament

And some Sammo films,Maybe wheres officer Tuba?

The Tournament is the most underrated film of Angela Mao, at least in my opinion. Her kicking skills were never better than in this movie. I really wonder why this movie doesn't have the same level of popularity as Hapkido or When Taekwondo Strikes for instance.

• Like 7