The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

5 hours ago, AslanBey said:

For the record: the two new announced movies other than lady reporter are not martial arts movies ala hongkongstyle right??? So I can pass on them??

And how is lady reporter? Worth buying? Similar levels like yes madam etc??

I'll be buying Lady reporter. Although not a Cynthia fan, the trailer kicked arse.

I thought I recognised Yuen Biao in the trailer, but I guess not. Trailer still looks mint.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, AslanBey said:

And how is lady reporter? Worth buying? Similar levels like yes madam etc??

Great 80s modern action choreography by Corey Yuen Kwai, among his best stuff before the wirework took over in subsequent movies.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I thought I recognised Yuen Biao in the trailer, but I guess not. Trailer still looks mint.

It's probably Meng Hoi that you mistook for Yuen Biao. They look pretty much alike.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lastninja said:

It's probably Meng Hoi that you mistook for Yuen Biao. They look pretty much alike.

Yes. As soon as I went to take a butchers on HKMDB, I saw Meng Hoi's name straight away. 

• Like 1

Irongod2112

Just finished up working on Blonde Fury and oh boy do Eureka have some very cool titles coming up! :)

1 Girls with Guns title (a fave of mine) some heroic bloodshed films & two old school classics!! Many more to come including something very special that may be getting an UHD release! :)

• Like 20
  • Buddha Bless You 7

Drunken Monk
38 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

1 Girls with Guns title (a fave of mine) some heroic bloodshed films & two old school classics!! Many more to come including something very special that may be getting an UHD release! :)

fedratehike.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

TibetanWhiteCrane
30 minutes ago, BLfan said:

Do we have to suffer more Darren Wheeling artwork? :Ayociexp121:

Shots fired. But I agree.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Just finished up working on Blonde Fury and oh boy do Eureka have some very cool titles coming up! :)

I heard Skyhawk is coming from Eureka, maybe that's one of the old school classics? :wink

• Like 1

actionfan93
5 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

is the girls with guns title one of the well known titles or an obscure title shocked to see that as I thought there were none on the schedule I hope other labels have more from the genre coming as well

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LiuYiLong said:

I heard Skyhawk is coming from Eureka, maybe that's one of the old school classics? :wink

Finally. Hope it's better subtitles than the HK version I got last year.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

Is Skyhawk truly considered an “old school classic?” I’ve always felt like it was a bit of a lower tier gem than a tried and true classic. But I could be mistaken.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Is Skyhawk truly considered an “old school classic?” I’ve always felt like it was a bit of a lower tier gem than a tried and true classic. But I could be mistaken.

I liked the scenes of Thailand in the 80's. Not much has changed really. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

It's all relative I guess, You say gem-ato, they say class-ato.

but I personally always get a kick out of seeing Kwan Tak-Hing in glorious colour

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Darth Kermit
7 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

some heroic bloodshed films

Tragic Hero and Rich and Famous, right? Also Beach of the War Gods, and maybe Skyhawk. So wonder what the girls with guns is?

• Like 1

ironfistedmonk
18 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Oooh old school, two words that get me excited

• Like 6

actionfan93
5 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

:BL-Please:

I'd like this or Angel to be the title but I assume angel will come in a boxset from another label

• Like 2

thundered mantis

Wow, it seems everyone´s going to have a bit of his or her preferrred kung fu cake from Eureka! I just hope any of the bunch to be a classic shapes era film.

BTW, is it possible to dream for a Project A boxset on UHD? Or they weren´t restored to 4K?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

BTW, is it possible to dream for a Project A boxset on UHD? Or they weren´t restored to 4K?

Both films got a 2K restoration unfortunately. I feel both would’ve deserved a 4K.

• Like 3

Darth Kermit
4 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

Wow, it seems everyone´s going to have a bit of his or her preferrred kung fu cake from Eureka! I just hope any of the bunch to be a classic shapes era film.

Hopefully maybe 88 Films restores and puts them out in 4K? I don't know how likely that is, but it woulf make me very happy! I think Miracles is the only other Jackie film currently restored in 4K, and I would love that to get the UHD treatment. Perhaps a US reissue from 88, or both regions?

• Like 1