The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

On 2/23/2023 at 10:49 PM, TigerCage1990 said:

Many thanks, I also found two other movies that aren't coming soon from Eureka. "Don't give a damn."  "Panty Hose Hero." 

One of the funniest things I've ever seen is the bit in Pantyhose Hero where the word gay is used as a verb.

It occurs at the 21-minute mark in the film.  The exchange between the two characters is made in jest.  
They are police officers being instructed on how to go undercover as gay men, and this is their second
attempt at pleasing their instructor.

Edited by Stephe
the italicization of a title
  • Haha 1

TigerCage1990
46 minutes ago, Stephe said:

One of the funniest things I've ever seen is the bit in Pantyhose Hero where the word gay is used as a verb.

It occurs at the 21-minute mark in the film.  The exchange between the two characters is made in jest.  
They are police officers being instructed on how to go undercover as gay men, and this is their second
attempt at pleasing their instructor.

That movie can never be made today, even if it's funny asf. Both Sammo and Alan would canceled.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TigerCage1990 said:

That movie can never be made today, even if it's funny asf. Both Sammo and Alan would canceled.

Nothing from the 80s can get remade because it would offend people with no sense of humour.

Not even Only fools & Horses and Fawlty Towers can be remade. The world has just gone soft.

• Like 5

thundered mantis

I firmly believe Pantyhose Hero can and will be put out on Blu Ray on the vein of those eurocult releases that present the films as products of its historical and social context. They serve as documentaries of the society they were produced and received on. It´s a great oportunity to use it as a reflection on how the times have changed. Some interviews, an essay, a good commentary and even some video featurettes and it will be great. And of course, some of the finest modern action ever done.

• Like 7

TigerCage1990
2 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Nothing from the 80s can get remade because it would offend people with no sense of humour.

Not even Only fools & Horses and Fawlty Towers can be remade. The world has just gone soft.

Sammo shouldn't apologize for a movie he  made alittle over 30 years ago.  Sammo be like. I'm Dai Goh Dai. I make whatever i want for the fans, forget your stupid 10 min apology session for this blu-ray.  

Our so-called society is so soft these days nothing can't be done without someone crying over alittle joke that wasn't meant to be offensive.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

I firmly believe Pantyhose Hero can and will be put out on Blu Ray on the vein of those eurocult releases that present the films as products of its historical and social context. They serve as documentaries of the society they were produced and received on. It´s a great oportunity to use it as a reflection on how the times have changed. Some interviews, an essay, a good commentary and even some video featurettes and it will be great. And of course, some of the finest modern action ever done.

It is one of the Golden Harvest titles that Warner Brothers owns. So it isn't happening.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

TigerCage1990
On 2/25/2023 at 9:33 PM, dwk said:

It is one of the Golden Harvest titles that Warner Brothers owns. So it isn't happening.

And i take it, they have no plans to release it. Anytime soon.  Maybe for the best or it will get censored too...

I think it is just something that isn't on WB/WAC's radar. They just don't seem to have any interest in getting any Golden Harvest stuff out, as they can't even be bothered to hurry up and get the original cuts of  Rumble in the Bronx or First Strike out.

On 2/26/2023 at 3:33 AM, dwk said:

Bollocks. 

• Like 1

TigerCage1990
1 hour ago, dwk said:

I think it is just something that isn't on WB/WAC's radar. They just don't seem to have any interest in getting any Golden Harvest stuff out, as they can't even be bothered to hurry up and get the original cuts of  Rumble in the Bronx or First Strike out.

Well, the release of Rush Hour 4 may push them into doing that. I was told one of the titles you mentioned might get a release sometime.  But i would love for them to release Thunderbolt but that's too much to ask for.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TigerCage1990 said:

Rush Hour 4

They're making a 4th? Perhaps it is a necessary evil, if we can get Warner to release more classics on blue or license them out at least.

• Like 1

TigerCage1990
9 hours ago, TheMuffinMan656 said:

They're making a 4th? Perhaps it is a necessary evil, if we can get Warner to release more classics on blue or license them out at least.

Yeah and i'm not excited for Rush Hour 4 but as long they keep their word releasing more JC flims.

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker
On 2/25/2023 at 5:02 PM, Yggdrasil said:

Yep, soft and also I’ll add; no personality, can’t communicate or talk worth a damn. Most of them glued on the phone. Oh and they got shit taste in music. Especially hip hop, absolutely awful.  Am I a boomer now?

OpiumKungFuCracker
3 hours ago, TigerCage1990 said:

Yeah and i'm not excited for Rush Hour 4 but as long they keep their word releasing more JC flims.

Rush hour 4 should be them going to an asylum undercover or a retirement home type facility. Hilarity ensues. I already pitch the script to Brett Rattner. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Yep, soft and also I’ll add; no personality, can’t communicate or talk worth a damn. Most of them glued on the phone. Oh and they got shit taste in music. Especially hip hop, absolutely awful.  Am I a boomer now?

I don't mind old skool hip hop from 89 - 92 but that's about my limit.

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker
1 minute ago, Yggdrasil said:

I don't mind old skool hip hop from 89 - 92 but that's about my limit.

I’m same way. Love the old skool joints. I can’t do that new shit nowadays. It’s so trash

Beardys Feather

Not sure about the world has gone soft... We have more taboo busting films being made than ever. Less to no censorship. 

From a societal point of view, is it soft to stand up for social justice and supporting minority and marginalized groups? 

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 3

Cuts report on Violent Streets
https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=204054

Turns out its four cuts totalling to 11 seconds.

Note that only two of the four cuts come during the dolly shot. The other two come already a few minutes earlier. I didn't realize before the film could be cut in more than one place.

Edited by Takuma
  • Like 3

ChillyChong

Got shipping notification of In the line of duty 3&4 some days ago. Well, that is great but just looked eureka! website for reminder what we have in extras, Cynthia Khan&Michiko Nishiwaki interviews have been taken off from list. What is going on:sweating:thinking...

Well, movies are of course most important but those new interviews would have been pure gold..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

Got shipping notification of In the line of duty 3&4 some days ago. Well, that is great but just looked eureka! website for reminder what we have in extras, Cynthia Khan&Michiko Nishiwaki interviews have been taken off from list. What is going on:sweating:thinking...

Well, movies are of course most important but those new interviews would have been pure gold..

Probably similar reasons related to COVID like with their cancelled Magnificent Warriors interviews. Hopefully there's opportunities in the future where both can be interviewed again.

• Like 3

ChillyChong
28 minutes ago, DiP said:

Bluray.com reviews In the Line of Duty 4. Seriously, a 2.5/5 for the whole movie?! 😂

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/In-the-Line-of-Duty-IV-Blu-ray/326478/#Review

That is nuts..well, to each his own obviously.  I did not read his reasons but checked out he gave 4/5 for far weaker Yes, madam:thinking

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 1