Serial-Action: Martial Arts Themed Show's

DragonClaws

DragonClaws
6 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Yes, it's ATV's 10 tigers from Guangdong, I recognized Eddy Ko Hung fighting with the guy in red and later trainig with a young man.

Thankyou @ShawAngela, I did not sot any Eddie Ko in the clip. Ill have to re-watch it now.

1 hour ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:
7 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Does this series have a link with the movie Fighting Dragon with both Yasuaki Kurata and Bolo ? I recently watched the movie, that is an ode to Yasuaki Kurata's glory in my opinion and since the movie and the series have the same title, it's an idea that came to my mind...

The Fighting Dragon 1975 is a compilation movie of Fight! Dragon the 1974 TV series. I don't remember the movie version having any new scenes. 

Thank you very much for the information !

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 10:06 PM, DragonClaws said:

1978 atv series about the troubles of a kung fu film star on and off set. double phoenix plays the leads trainer.

Does anyone knows the title of this series ? The clip isn't available anymore...

And who is Double Phoenix ?

• Like 1

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Does anyone knows the title of this series ? The clip isn't available anymore...

Wish I could help out, but I posted the only information that came with the ATV clip from YouTube.

How many of these show's do you have you viewed r purchsed?

There's some solid looking performances and choreogrpahy here. Can anyone tell us more about this show?.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

0 to 40s : Book and sword Adam Cheng, Liza Wang, Yu On On ; Adam singing

40 to 1mn11 : Luk Siu Fung Adam Cheng, Damian Lau, Wong Yuen San ; Adam singing

1mn11 to 1mn55 : Heaven sword and dragon sabre Adam Cheng, Liza Wang, Shih Kien, Angie Chiu, Adam singing

1mn56 to 2mn53 : Romantic swordsman Paul Chiu Kong, Li Lin Lin, Wong Yuen San, Roman Tam singing

2mn54 to 3mn44 : I think that it's ATV reincarnated Norman Tsui, Nora Miao

3mn44 to 4mn39 : The twins Cecilia Wong, Wong Yuen San, Shek Sau Roman Tam singing

4mn40 to the end : Chor Lau Heung (Chu Liu Xiang) Adam Cheng, Liza Wang, Angie Chiu, Ng Man Tat, Ha Yu Adam singing

I have all of them and haven't watched Reincarnated as yet.

I have plety of these series and I'm still discovering some TVB and ATV series from this golden era. I think that I'll die before I have the time to watch all of them !!

• Like 2

DragonClaws
13 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I have plety of these series and I'm still discovering some TVB and ATV series from this golden era. I think that I'll die before I have the time to watch all of them !!

I hear you there, sure I'll be still catching up on the Fu when I'm taking up space in the retirement home.

13 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I have all of them and haven't watched Reincarnated as yet.

Impressive, I don't have any knowledge of these shows. Hoped to learn more via this thread.

Are you familiar with the Dragon Strikes series?, clip below.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Are you familiar with the Dragon Strikes series?, clip below.

Same as for Reincarnated : I have it, but haven't watched it as yet.

From what I read on another forum, there is a kind of trilogy : Reincarnated, Dragon strikes and On the waterfront (I'm not sure of the order).

I send you a PM.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

From what I read on another forum, there is a kind of trilogy : Reincarnated, Dragon strikes and On the waterfront (I'm not sure of the order).

I didnt know about it being apart of a trilogy of show's, thanks for posting those details.

How long do the episodes run for?.

4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I send you a PM. 

Thankyou.

Omni Dragon
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:51 PM, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

The Fighting Dragon 1975 is a compilation movie of Fight! Dragon the 1974 TV series. I don't remember the movie version having any new scenes. 

23 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Thank you very much for the information !

You're welcome; @ShawAngela.

I know it might be almost intrinsically obvious, but still I thought it might also be worth mentioning that the TV version is the most complete and features scenes not in the movie version.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DragonClaws said:
On 4/26/2019 at 4:08 PM, ShawAngela said:

Thanks. Since it's mentioned " at HIS heaviest " and since the same guy who looks like Chen Kuan Tai can bee seen in all the fighting scenes shown in this clip, I guess that he must be the Double Phoenix we are talking about, but, though his face is very familiar to me, I'm still unable to name him...And I was convinced that " Double Phoenix " was a woman's nickname !

Maybe that you friend @rdenn will be able to help us on this matter...

• Like 2

ShawAngela
On 4/28/2019 at 8:44 PM, rdenn said:

Double Phoenix is Chu Tit Wo http://hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtml?id=4249&display_set=eng

he got the nickname double phoenix as that was his style in crystal fist

Thank you very much, @rdenn ! Each time I see this actor, he reminds me of Wang Hsieh and Chen Kuan Tai !

2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Nice clip from ATV's Shaolin heroes, thanks !

• Like 2

DragonClaws
37 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Nice clip from ATV's Shaolin heroes, thanks !

There's a lot complete episode/series on YouTube, but its not easy to find shorter clips. There just no previews/trialer's for these shows, on YoTube at least.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

If you enjoy Martial Arts shows specifially from Asia, you will want to check out this thread started by @ShawAngela.

David Chiang, and Damian Lau on an ATV Wu Xia television series, Princess Cheung Pei, 1981.

7e1dbe100db771a9602f6163a4d7deb0.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

ShawAngela
5 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

David Chiang, and Damian Lau on an ATV Wu Xia television series, Princess Cheung Pei, 1981.

7e1dbe100db771a9602f6163a4d7deb0.jpg

What a superb picture ! I had never seen it !

Thanks a lot for sharing it !!

• Like 2

ShawAngela
11 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

If you enjoy Martial Arts shows specifially from Asia, you will want to check out this thread started by @ShawAngela.

Thank you very much for " advertising " my reviews !

There is also a special thread reviewing Adam Cheng's tv series, with a mix of martial arts and other genre series he played in :

• Like 2

DragonClaws
6 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

What a superb picture ! I had never seen it !

Thanks a lot for sharing it !!

Cool, I wasnt sure if to post it here on in the David Chiang Appreciation thread.

14 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Thank you very much for " advertising " my reviews !

There is also a special thread reviewing Adam Cheng's tv series, with a mix of martial arts and other genre series he played in :

No problem, I couldnt remember the other Adam Cheng T.V thread.

Anyone remember this 2001 T.V movie, that was supposed to be a pilot for a T.V series?. Featuring Billy Zane, Tory Kittles and Dominic Purcell as the mian star's.

• Like 1