Who dubbed Jackie Chan in Cantonese and English?

thejackiechanshow

thejackiechanshow

This has been on my mind a while.

First, who dubbed Jackie in Cantonese from Fearless Hyena up to Armour of God 2?

Secondly, the UK had a few English dubs from the same person (Project A 2, Police Story 2, Dragons Forever, Miracles, Armour of God 2 and Police Story 3).

Any ideas about the names of these people?

I remember looking at screenshots of a man who dubbed Jackie's movies in the 80s so there's definitely something out there about him.

• Like 3

Not sure who dubbed him in English unfortunately, but the guy who dubbed for his Cantonese dialogue was Charles Tang Wing Hung (鄧榮銾). He was primarily a voice actor who dubbed a lot of movies/TV series, but he was apparently a writer and director too. He's still alive and I believe he's still active. Here's an excerpt from his Wikipedia page:

Original text: 1981至1993年為成龍指定的電影配音員,曾配演《蛇形刁手》、《A計劃》和《警察故事》等電影作品。

Rough translation: From 1981 to 1993, he was appointed as the voice actor for Jackie Chan, and he has dubbed films such as "Snake in the Eagle's Shadow", "Project A", and "Police Story".

Source: https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/鄧榮銾

Edited by KenHashibe
  • Like 5

On 9/5/2018 at 12:12 AM, thejackiechanshow said:

Secondly, the UK had a few English dubs from the same person (Project A 2, Police Story 2, Dragons Forever, Miracles, Armour of God 2 and Police Story 3).

Well for Police Story 2 on the Media Asia dub, which is on the Hong Kong Legends DVD, I think Jack Murphy dubbed him. As for the Fortune Star, which is on the Eureka BD and maybe the Dragon Dynasty DVD, I'm not sure. 

• Like 2

I don't know the individual who dubbed him in English, but I think it was indeed the same man who did 'Project A 2' (Ting Yu is credited for 'dialogue'), 'Dragons Forever' (Ting Yu again; Louis Elman for 'English dubbing'), 'Police Story 2' (General Screen Enterprises, but can't see their role clearly in this video) and 'Miracles' ('English dubbing' by General Screen Enterprises).

I don't know if it was the same man who did the other films, but I stand open to correction (it's been a while since I watched them).

Edited by chen lung
  • Like 3

On 9/5/2018 at 12:12 AM, thejackiechanshow said:

Daniel Flynn, according to this link: https://men-behind-the-dubs.fandom.com/wiki/Jackie_Chan provided the voice for Jackie Chan's characters in those dubs.

Thanks to @Chorake for drawing my attention to that link in the 'Dubbing information and discussion' thread/topic:

• Like 2