Sword of Doom is Playing on IFC Sat 20/04

Guest Kortik

Guest Kortik

I wish i have this chanel. They showing a lot of Samurai films on Saturdays

www.ifctv.com/ifc/whatson...&SID=43178

They also played Samurai Rebbelion last Saturday.

I wonder if anybody have this chanel and could you please check out if the movie have a Criterion of Home Vision Logo.

Next Saturday: Samrai Trilogy I (Hiroshi Inagaki).

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest magic8

Yeah, IFC has the Criterion catalog, so they've been showing a ton of samurai flicks, including the Kurosawa classics like Throne of Blood and Hidden Fortress. Last weekened they showed Stray Dog. :D Great way to catch up on your classics.

Guest Marillofan

Thank you Kortik for the link! I love those IFC Samurai Saturdays! Does anyone know if they will be showing the Zatoichi movies again?

Guest Kortik

they will for sure. Since HVE releasing #12,13 and 15 they will show them before they come out on DVD this May. They did the same with the previous Zato titles that HVE released already.

Thanks for the info, Kortik---I've been meaning to check out Sword of Doom, and it looks like I will this Saturday!

Guest Kortik

Let me know if you liked it. Unfortunetly the only DVD of this with eng subs available at UKR2 Artsmagic DVD, which is quilitywise shittty, dont buy.

Hoping Criterion or HVE realese this on DVD since HVE already have this on VHS.

KyFi can you please tell me if Sword of Doom had a Crterion or HVE logo in the credits.

Thanks

Well, the ending seemed a bit abrupt, but a pretty good movie.

No, it just had the Toho credits at the beginning, nothing with Criterion or HVE.

Archived