Street Fighter on DVD help

Guest JonahJonah

Guest JonahJonah

I'm looking to upgrade my new line VHS copy. I've noticed that there are a lot of cheap looking copies on dvd, which would you recommend as the best? I'm referring to widescreen, picture quality. Also is there a Japanese version available?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kungfusamurai
legit releases on dvd are coming for this series in about a year.

You mean the original Japanese audio versions, or English or both? And who's releasing them?

If you see the films for cheap now, you might want to get them anyway. The first two are in widescreen and uncut. Return of The Streetfighter is waaaaay better on DVD because those companies are using the uncut New Line laser discs, apparently. The New Line VHS was cut to shreds. I've also managed to buy SF Last Revenge and Sister Streetfighter as widescreens on DVD. But there isn't anything extra in those.

KFS

Guest mormovies

I have also confirmed with Toei that the STREETFIGHTER series has been re-licensed for North America to a new company. If you can't wait, pick up the el cheapo Diamond double feature discs. They have the best laser disc rips I've seen so far.

and they are trying to get everything on there. Japanese soundtrack, remastered from original elements, lots of extras, etc. I'm begging them to get the complete edition of Sister Streetfighter, as that's never been out in the US uncut.

Guest Annoyed Grunt

I've seen what seems like dozens of different Streetfighter DVD's. Are they all exactly the same print?

Guest kungfusamurai
I've seen what seems like dozens of different Streetfighter DVD's. Are they all exactly the same print?

Pretty much. Even the Saturn DVDs are the widescreen print from the laserdisc.

KFS

Guest magic8

There's a five DVD, 10 movie set entitled: 10 Faces of Sonny Chiba, released by Brentwood. I got the set for about $15 bucks, but places like DeepDiscountDVD has it for $11.99. A very good primer for any Chiba fan.

This DVD contains interactive menus, five DVDs, trivia games, DVD dictionary and Sonny Chiba's bio.

The Movies (Taken from some review on Amazon):

1- Street Fighter: Widescreen (in big black boards). The only movie with the optional japanese language track. This is the best film of the ten movies. High quality of the 70's.

2- Legend of the eight Samurai: Standard. The worst movie ever except for the beautifull chick princess, Sonny Chiba is not the main character and poor special effects and fight choreoghrapics. Low quality of the 80's.

3- Return of the Street Fighter: Widescreen (in big black boards). A great sequel to Street Fighter. High quality of the 70's.

4- The Bodyguard: Standar. Not a very good movie. Medium quality of the 70's.

5- Street Fighter last Revenge: Widescreen (in big black boards). A superb sequel to Street fighter. High quality of the 70's.

6- Shogun's Ninja: Widescreen (in small black boards). Good movie but Sonny Chiba is not the main character. Medium quality of the 80's.

7- Sister Street Fighter: Widescreen (in big black boards). Good movie but Sonny Chiba is not the main character. High quality of the 70's.

8- Dragon Princes: Standar. SO-SO movie and Sonny Chiba is not the main character. Medium quality of the 70's.

9- Samurai Reincarnation: Standar. Bad movie and terrible cinematoghraphic but Sonny Chiba is the main character. Low quality of the 80's.

10- Karate Warriors: Standar. Terrible cameras but is the only movie that Sonny Chiba use the slow motion in his fights and he also use the sword witch it make him more cool. Extremly low quality of the 70's.

Guest chiba2000

Mormovies, any chance you could find out more info on these 3 ULTRA rare early Sonny Chiba Yakuza swordsflicks...

chiba1.jpg

chiba2.jpg

chiba3.jpg

I mean any of these released on DVD would make Chiba fans go nuts...they are THAT rare! ;)

/Chiba2000 8)

www.ninjadojo.com

Archived