Jackie Chan

DragonClaws

16 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Very interesting, thanks for posting it. His obsession with: "Can I show this movie to children?" it has always been her limit. for this reason his modern productions are very often uninteresting and repetitive. He remains a great character who has made Asian cinema known to all people, because everyone has known Asian cinema starting with his films.

• Like 2

Does anybody know in which version of the film I can find this moment? I rewatched Young Master yesterday from the 88 release (HK cut) and can't figure out, whether I saw this or not. It's obviously from the last fight scene. I'm sure there is someone who can tell me the exact time of the picture.

The-Young-Master-1980-Blu-ray-version-KU

• Like 4

Omni Dragon
1 hour ago, AslanBey said:

Does anybody know in which version of the film I can find this moment?

I'm not saying it's not in any version, but it is a production still, so it's possible Chan might not actually hold a shoe like that in any version of the movie.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Omni Dragon said:

I'm not saying it's not in any version, but it is a production still, so it's possible Chan might not actually hold a shoe like that in any version of the movie.

Thats weird I know this picture for many many years and till yesterday I was pretty sure that it can be seen in the movie.

Weird weird I'm  confused :D

Someone else with another opinion???

• Like 3

DragonClaws
On 4/20/2021 at 8:35 AM, Omni Dragon said:

On 4/20/2021 at 11:46 AM, AslanBey said:

Someone else with another opinion???

It might be a cut scene?, or maybe he was just trying out some ideas?.

• Like 3

Cognoscente

Wong Jing said something interesting about how the skateboard chase in City Hunter affected the production: “The time that it would take for Jackie's left leg to heal would be tantamount to filming two action scenes, so I had to add two scenes to the script – the ambitious confrontation with the gay rapist, and Leon Lai Ming's third scene.”

• Like 2

Didn't want to create a separate topic. I write freelance for a British magazine called Film Stories and I was invited onto a podcast called Film For Thought to discuss my favourite film. I chose Police Story. So if you want to see a guy who has never been on a podcast before try to sound like he's been on a podcast before, here it is!

• Like 4

Cognoscente

Jackie Chan has come a long way since being called "Jacky Cheng" in 1979 and "Jacky Chan" in 1992. Both images are from Cinemart. April '79 was when Jackie signed his second contract with Lo Wei whereas June '92 was when he began working on City Hunter with Wong Jing. Coincidentally, people have often compared Jing to Lo.

april 1979.jpg

269june92.jpg

• Like 3

Cognoscente

Milky Way - 1984 (those gloves are bigger than what he wore in Wheels on Meals).

Sisters Pictorial - 1984 (#253).

Sisters Pictorial - 1981 (#166).

Cinemart - November 1996.

Milky Way - September 1983 (#300).

Milky Way - May 1984 (#308).

Golden Movie News - October 1981 (#115).

galaxy.jpg

253 sp.jpg

SP 166.jpg

n96.jpg

308 MW 1984.jpg

115 October 81 GMN.jpg

1785129438_1983MW300.jpg.1dab41a23e40a86b82212dd592eff904.jpg

Edited by Cognoscente
  • Like 3

Cognoscente

From the April '79 issue (#71) of New Tide. This was the same month when Jackie signed his second contract with Lo Wei.

April 79  71 New Tide.jpg

• Like 3

DragonClaws
On 6/18/2021 at 4:53 PM, Cognoscente said:

From #249 of Milky Way.

Which country where these image taken in?, and what movie was Jackie Chan working on at the time?.

• Like 1

Cognoscente

Thailand. There was a benefit performance which Hsu Feng and Chin Han had also attended.

June '79 was when that issue came out (so those photos were more likely taken the month before).

• Like 3