Jackie Chan

DragonClaws

Hong Kong martial arts cinema: Jackie Chan, in unpublished 1998 interview, talks about his hardscrabble early- -career

(Richard James Havis)

- A stuntman on Bruce Lee’s Fist of Fury, an action choreographer a year later on Police Woman – Jackie Chan talks about how he furthered his career

- Chan also talks about learning behind-the-camera skills by volunteering to help cinematographers

Link- https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/entertainment/article/3039896/hong-kong-martial-arts-cinema-jackie-chan-unpublished-1998

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

On 12/6/2020 at 4:09 PM, DragonClaws said:

Just added a filmography to my first post in this thread. If anyone can see any errors, mistakes or missing titles?, let me know and I'll make the correct edits/changes. For now I've left out any movies that use existing Jackie Chan footage, spliced into new productions. I also left out Master with Cracked Finger's(1978). It just a basic list at the moment, but I'll be adding further content in the future. This work is a combination of the IMDB/HKMDB pages for Jackie Chan.

who is this guy so lucky? indeed, disgustingly lucky? the baby is probably her son (maybe he had a scene on the train, I have no idea)

On 12/12/2020 at 11:09 AM, Praying Snake said:

From 1.06.26

Benny belives Jackie would have been an incredible champion kickboxer!!

I knew Jackie have the tools

Does this guy copy Scott Adkins' wonderful interviews or is Adkins copying him? I remember the interview he did with Bey Logan and the guy hadn't even seen Spl: Kill Zone and other famous titles too.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 4:09 PM, DragonClaws said:

Just added a filmography to my first post in this thread. If anyone can see any errors, mistakes or missing titles?, let me know and I'll make the correct edits/changes. For now I've left out any movies that use existing Jackie Chan footage, spliced into new productions. I also left out Master with Cracked Finger's(1978). It just a basic list at the moment, but I'll be adding further content in the future. This work is a combination of the IMDB/HKMDB pages for Jackie Chan.

who is this guy so lucky? indeed, disgustingly lucky? the baby is probably her son (maybe he had a scene on the train, I have no idea)

On 12/12/2020 at 11:09 AM, Praying Snake said:

From 1.06.26

Benny belives Jackie would have been an incredible champion kickboxer!!

I knew Jackie have the tools

Does this guy copy Scott Adkins' wonderful interviews or is Adkins copying him? I remember the interview he did with Bey Logan and the guy hadn't even seen Spl: Kill Zone and other famous titles too.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JackieRome said:

Hi @JackieRome, I dont think either one is copying the other, there's a lot of people doing similar content on YouTube/ & on Pod-Casts.

21 hours ago, JackieRome said:

who is this guy so lucky?

He might have been an extra on the movie?, but I don't know his name.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

People don't know Mark Houghton... or indeed his daughter Charlene???

@AlbertV made a post about him in the first page of this thread, his daughter is into MMA right?. I know his name but I'm not as familiar with the faces of  90's Hong Kong stunt guys.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Mark Houghton is probably the most successful Gwailo actors in terms of HK work. He's been in plenty of films and often gets to fight rather than just being an extra. I believe it had something to do with him speaking Chinese and studying Hung Gar that gave him the edge other the many others who never got as good of apportunities as him. He's a screenshot from Outlaw Brothers in 1990 with Nishiwaki Michiko and fellow Gwailo Jeff Falcon.

outlaw brothers   [1990] - hkl - dvd - bc.mp4[2020-12-15 14-41-41.346].jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

People don't know Mark Houghton... or indeed his daughter Charlene???

people don't even know what hong kong cinema is, for this reason we are a small group of strange personalities. I don't think it is so important to recognize him and above all to point him out (personally I know him, but in the photo with jackie he was younger and I hadn't even recognized him). Can you still stay on this forum even if you don't know all the hong kong stuntmen, or is it a fundamental requirement?let's take a quiz to people who register

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JackieRome said:

people don't even know what hong kong cinema is, for this reason we are a small group of strange personalities. I don't think it is so important to recognize him and above all to point him out (personally I know him, but in the photo with jackie he was younger and I hadn't even recognized him). Can you still stay on this forum even if you don't know all the hong kong stuntmen, or is it a fundamental requirement?let's take a quiz to people who register

I think he's just teasing you, don't take it to heart. It's tricky trying to keep track of all the names and faces, I certainly don't hold it against anyone.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Dredderick_Tatum said:

Cool. Not often you see JC and Yuen Biao just using locks and throws.

Do you know if that scene appeared in prints of the film?, it's one I think they should have kept in.

• Like 3

On 12/15/2020 at 6:36 PM, DragonClaws said:

Do you know if that scene appeared in prints of the film?, it's one I think they should have kept in.

I'm afraid I don't. It's been a long time since I've looked into this film too, so can't be sure, but wasn't there a proper fight with Kwon Yeong-moon that got cut too?

Edited by J.J. Hayden
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

nice scene, and I agree with you that they had to keep. if you talk about the new release with project A remastered in bluray, this scene has not been reinstated.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, JackieRome said:

if you talk about the new release with project A remastered in bluray, this scene has not been reinstated.

Thanks for that @JackieRome, I wasn't aware this scene had been placed back into the film for the remastered Blu-Ray release.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 6:36 PM, DragonClaws said:

The fact the dub sounds like it's in Mandarin suggests it's was intended for somewhere like Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia etc. It does seem like there were a lot of Hong Kong movies around that time where the Taiwanese version was longer. As for Singapore and Malaysia we know they got a special introduction at least:

Along with the training deleted scene, I also like the comedy of errors deleted scene where they think Mars' character is dead. Seen at 02:47 in the video below:

It has occurred to me the scenes with the prostitutes are unlikely to be in the Malaysian version as they have strong censorship. This post is mostly speculation anyway.

Edited by Omni Dragon
  • Like 2

One Armed Boxer
6 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

What the heck was The Hollywood Reporter smoking?

I know it’s only the 1st January, but to say that quote is taken wildly out of context could be the understatement of the year. The full review which it’s pulled from is here -

www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/vanguard-jixianfeng-film-review

• Like 5

On 1/14/2021 at 1:09 PM, Praying Snake said:

My latest Jackie Chan Tribute. Hope you like it👊

Nice work @Praying Snake, the music has that Old-School 1970s Kung Fu soundtrack vibe to it.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 12/31/2020 at 9:43 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

I know it’s only the 1st January, but to say that quote is taken wildly out of context could be the understatement of the year. The full review which it’s pulled from is here -

www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/vanguard-jixianfeng-film-review

That reviews makes me want to avoid this film.....

• Like 2