Jackie Chan

DragonClaws

1 hour ago, Praying Snake said:

The HKL DVD of Drunken Master was my very first Jackie Chan DVD. It corrected my attitude of Jackie Chan sucks to wow, this guy's awesome. Good Times.

• Like 4

Just added a filmography to my first post in this thread. If anyone can see any errors, mistakes or missing titles?, let me know and I'll make the correct edits/changes. For now I've left out any movies that use existing Jackie Chan footage, spliced into new productions. I also left out Master with Cracked Finger's(1978). It just a basic list at the moment, but I'll be adding further content in the future. This work is a combination of the IMDB/HKMDB pages for Jackie Chan.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Praying Snake said:

My first Tribute video. Made it some time ago. Many errors, but I hope you will enjoy it🙂

Awesome stuff.

Cheers

• Like 4

On 12/6/2020 at 9:28 AM, Praying Snake said:

My first Tribute video. Made it some time ago. Many errors, but I hope you will enjoy it🙂

Cool video, thanks for sharing it in this thread @Praying Snake.

• Like 5

Master with OK Fingers
On 12/6/2020 at 5:28 PM, Praying Snake said:

Absolutely amazing.....from Jackie Chan.

Not bad from yourself either 😜

Thanks for the video👍

• Like 4

Praying Snake
39 minutes ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Absolutely amazing.....from Jackie Chan.

Not bad from yourself either 😜

Thanks for the video👍

Thanks a lot😀

• Like 3

A quick question for everyone, how many movies have pre-existing Jackie Chan footage edited into a new production?. I can think of the Fantasy Mission Force re-cut Fire Dragon(1983), Master with Cracked Finger's(1978) & Fearless Hyena 2(1983). Then theres the footage from The Drunken Master(1978) that was spliced into Drunken Fist Boxing starring Sharon Yeung Pan-Pan & Casanova Wong. Also recall 80's a movie that uses footage from the The Protector(1985)?. I've read about this production on the forums, but just cant remember its title?.

Are there any other's that I've missed?.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

A quick question for everyone, how many movies have pre-existing Jackie Chan footage edited into a new production?. I can think of the Fantasy Mission Force re-cut Fire Dragon(1983) & Master with Cracked Finger's(1978). Then theres the footage from The Drunken Master(1978) that was spliced into Drunken Fist Boxing starring Sharon Yeung Pan-Pan & Casanova Wong. Also recall 80's a movie that uses footage from the The Protector(1985)?. I've read about this production on the forums, but just cant remember its title?.

Are there any other's that I've missed?.

I saw Fire Dragon on a VHS tape round my grandmas house. Dreadful film. Was the film they spliced into Fantasy Mission Force called Fire Dragon or was it an entirely different film altogether?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Josh Baker said:

I saw Fire Dragon on a VHS tape round my grandmas house.

It's a re-cut version of Fantasy Mission Force, both are listed on the HKMDB as being released in 1983.

• Like 1

Put together a list of Chansploitation/Cut & Splice roles, thats now tagged onto the main filmography. If anyone can help me out with some missing details?, let me know and I'll add them in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Praying Snake said:

This is my favorite version of Jackie Chan (the serious version). No play, just straight forward fighting.

It's kinda strange seeing JC being serious, a bit like seeing him annoyed with poor Ron Smoorenberg.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Praying Snake said:

This is my favorite version of Jackie Chan (the serious version). No play, just straight forward fighting.

1 hour ago, Dredderick_Tatum said:

It's kinda strange seeing JC being serious, a bit like seeing him annoyed with poor Ron Smoorenberg.

I confess that I laugh out loud in Jackie's kung fu comedies and that I enjoy his fights, but that I too prefer to see him in serious roles such as the one above. It fits better my old school favorite genre...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Praying Snake said:

I too have always preferred this version of Jackie.Everything about him is different than his Kung fu comedy persona.He seems more violent and more of a skilled martial artist.Crime Story and The Foreigner were great because of his mood and the latter was his last decent movie🙏

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, sym8 said:

.He seems more violent and more of a skilled martial artist

i totally agree with this, that maybe why I love his old movies so much.

• Like 4

Praying Snake
51 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

We also se a more badass version of Jackie Chan in Heart of The Dragon. The last 15 min is a deadly scary Jackie Chan showing what he can do without the goofy moves. I really love that.

• Like 3

On Jackie Chans HKMDB page, we now have multiple sections for his fight choreography work. Is there any reason why all this work doesnt fall under one category anymore?. I'm going to add list of his choreography work to my mini-bio page. Do I break it down into sub-sections or put it all into one long list?. Here's the titles of the new sub sections from the HKMDB.

- Action Director

- Action Designer

- Action Choreographer

- Martial Arts Director

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

On Jackie Chans HKMDB page, we now have multiple sections for his fight choreography work. Is there any reason why all this work doesnt fall under one category anymore?. I'm going to add list of his choreography work to my mini-bio page. Do I break it down into sub-sections or put it all into one long list?. Here's the titles of the new sub sections from the HKMDB.

- Action Director

- Action Designer

- Action Choreographer

- Martial Arts Director

For my Won Jin filmography I'm doing it similar to IMDB where i've done a section called Action Director and then listing the film with the actual title of what he did behind it in brackets, e.g. :

2005 - (2005-02-05) Seoul Raiders --- (Assistant Action Director)

I think it makes it neater and less confussing. Just a suggestion.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dredderick_Tatum said:

For my Won Jin filmography I'm doing it similar to IMDB where i've done a section called Action Director and then listing the film with the actual title of what he did behind it in brackets, e.g. :

2005 - (2005-02-05) Seoul Raiders --- (Assistant Action Director)

That's a nice idea, I'll do something similar when I eventually write up the list of Action Director related titles.

On 12/12/2020 at 10:01 AM, sym8 said:

I too have always preferred this version of Jackie.Everything about him is different than his Kung fu comedy persona.

On 12/12/2020 at 10:21 AM, ShawAngela said:

I've always enjoyed both his older more serious roles, and his peak years doing the kung Fu comedy movie thing.

On 12/12/2020 at 10:01 AM, sym8 said:

and The Foreigner were great because of his mood and the latter was his last decent movie🙏

I hope we get a sequel to The Foreigner at somepoint in the future.

• Like 2