Jackie Chan

DragonClaws

Jackie Chan performs an impress leap over some roadside worker's. For the British media cameras. During a British promotional tour for Battle Creek Brawl in 1980?.

jc204.jpeg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

48328161d59e6caa5afa6ad60ee4c3ad.jpg
Jackie Chan and Sharon Yeung were two recipients of the "Outstanding Contribution Award" from the Hong Kong Stuntman Assocation. Other recipients included Eric Tsang, Eagle Yuen Shun-Yi, and Wong Shu-Tong.

i_741x360_408282916.jpg

• Like 4

JackieRome

Let me know what you think: if you agree, if I had to insert something else, or if Jackie is right to show me her middle finger.

• Like 1

I agree with all except Fantasy because I have never seen it,with regards to the others I think they are just paycheck movies which he seems to be what he is doing more of now.Apart from Rush hour 1&2 and The Shanghai films his Western made movies are pretty s..t.The Foreigner was a well made film but could of been so much better.We love Jackie for his style of action but the guy is to old to do that stuff and all we get now are little snippets of greatness followed by stupid wire assisted stunt doubles.Great video👍👍

• Like 3

JackieRome
3 hours ago, sym8 said:

I agree with all except Fantasy because I have never seen it,with regards to the others I think they are just paycheck movies which he seems to be what he is doing more of now.Apart from Rush hour 1&2 and The Shanghai films his Western made movies are pretty s..t.The Foreigner was a well made film but could of been so much better.We love Jackie for his style of action but the guy is to old to do that stuff and all we get now are little snippets of greatness followed by stupid wire assisted stunt doubles.Great video👍👍

Thank you friend, I appreciate it very much. I prefer to speak to a small group of true fans than to a large mass of fans. I know we have the same respect for Jackie, but without covering our eyes and accepting everything just for that. From many years ago films only for salary (luckily something good turns up, and I underline it); I also agree with what you say about The Foreigner, it's quite conventional it's true, but it's always better than the usual commercial products it has been doing lately.

I want to attach a photo that will be nice for all fans. I was behind Jackie when they introduced Rob-B-hood to the Venice Festival (no recommendation,:coveredlaugh I sat down and nobody kicked me out). I watched half the film and the other half counted every hair he had on his head. The film was nonsense, but it had some nice moments.

VENEZIA 2006 (82).JPG

• Like 6

On 2/3/2020 at 7:18 PM, AlbertV said:

Other recipients included Eric Tsang, Eagle Yuen Shun-Yi, and Wong Shu-Tong.

Eric Tsang was a stuntman ??!

I'm not surprised with Wong Shu Tong, Sharon Yang and Jackie, but I don't remembr to have ever seen Eric Tsang doing real action in a movie, so, a stuntman ? Unless I'm mistaken with what was written above regarding this award ?

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
7 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Eric Tsang was a stuntman ??!

He was indeed, though more appropriatly an "action extra".

• Like 3

17 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

He was indeed, though more appropriatly an "action extra".

I remember seeing him as a tribal warrior in Bruce Li the Invincible. I was like Holy cow that's Eric Tsang!

• Like 2

Has anyone here heard of this Golden Harvest/New World Film Production Co. co-production - No End of Surprises(1975)?. This comedy features a young Jackie Chan among the cast playing Secretary Chen.

Link- http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=5655&display_set=eng

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Has anyone here heard of this Golden Harvest/New World Film Production Co. co-production before - No End of Surprises(1975)?. This comedy features a young Jackie Chan among the cast playing Secretary Chen.

Link- http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=5655&display_set=eng

Yep. The sequel to 'All in the Family', which also features Jackie in a minor role.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Asmo said:

Yep. The sequel to 'All in the Family', which also features Jackie in a minor role.

Thanks @Asmo, I wasn't aware that movie even had a sequel.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Thanks @Asmo, I wasn't aware that movie even had a sequel.

You're welcome. I've never seen either of them but I understand they're somewhat typical movies from that time period.

• Like 3