Jackie Chan

DragonClaws

PandaPawPaw
On 10/20/2022 at 11:09 PM, Cognoscente said:

FXiueELaQAAI6_3.jpg

Lucas: I make shit films but I'm rich.

JC: I used to make good films but now I just take Chinas money!

CT: I only act every 10years and get paid $20millon for my squeaky voice!

All three: Lets team up!

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

10805282a.jpg

10805282a2.jpg

Just looks at this! I need that! :o

What a remarkably niche product - that's cool!  Does it open up?

I wonder if they ever made a model of the Armour of God car.  Or that one canopy-cockpit one from Winners and Sinners...

Edited by starschwar
  • Like 2

PandaPawPaw
51 minutes ago, starschwar said:

What a remarkably niche product - that's cool!  Does it open up?

I wonder if they ever made a model of the Armour of God car.  Or that one canopy-cockpit one from Winners and Sinners...

No it looks like just a solid model with no opening doors which is a shame especially for the price!

All the cars in Cannonball Run 2.

all_cars_in_cannonball_run_2_by_cholnatr

JC car collection info - https://www.mycarforum.com/forums/topic/2717847-17-surprising-facts-about-jackie-chan’s-car-collection

JC Racing Team

gHsAJS3p_400x400.jpg

JOTA-37-WEC-2018.jpg

Jackie%20Chan%20DC%20Racing%20x%20JOTA%2

• Like 2

A rare snap of JC with renowned Korean martial arts master and Cha Ryeok practitioner, Song Jae-cheol.

image.jpeg.7edba9facd33448919d7bdf0eb8ee2f2.jpeg

Edited by J.J. Hayden
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, J.J. Hayden said:

A rare snap of JC with renowned Cha Ryeok practitioner Song Jae-cheol.

image.jpeg.7edba9facd33448919d7bdf0eb8ee2f2.jpeg

Damn they look so happy to be there. :D

He looks like he's just been arrested and is handcuffed. Maybe they saw the future in which JC will end up pumping out shit movies and decided to nip it in the bud.

:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Administrator
On 1/4/2023 at 5:32 PM, DragonClaws said:

I just listened to this while working and enjoyed it a lot. It's nothing that long-time fans haven't already heard, but it reminded me of the old days of getting to know Jackie Chan the man, outside of his films.

• Like 4

Jackie's recent Mainland CF work for baijiu liquor, Honor smartphones & online retailer JD.com. He must be getting paid a grip.

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
10 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

"He must be getting paid a grip."

I had to google that. I feel so old. :(

I had to Google it too (and I am older :tongueout).

To save other seniors some time: When asked how much you paid for something "I Paid a Grip" generally means you paid a large amount of money. A grip, as in your grip on a stack of money. - Urban Dictionary

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

starschwar

We're at the point where modern slang resembles mistranslated Region 0 Hong Kong DVD subtitles.  Someone let me know when "you bastard is frivolous" means something?  That and, "They have a complex of their tiny."

Edited by starschwar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

J.J. Hayden
2 hours ago, starschwar said:

We're at the point where modern slang resembles mistranslated Region 0 Hong Kong DVD subtitles.  Someone let me know when "you bastard is frivolous" means something?  That and, "They have a complex of their tiny."

Taiwan's not much better, "Why you grape my penny?!" sounds a lot worse than it is. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
15 hours ago, starschwar said:

12 hours ago, J.J. Hayden said:

Taiwan's not much better, "Why you grape my penny?!" sounds a lot worse than it is. :D 

I've watched so many poorly subtitled Hong Kong films that I understand that garbled English instinctively now, and instantly understood all three of those phrases. :tongue: Long ago I was often asked "What the hell does that mean?" by friends viewing them with me. I find this amusing, but not that big a deal. But I'll always be amazed by people who actually pick up the language from watching foreign films.

• Like 3

J.J. Hayden
2 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Come on HK subs aren't that bad.....................

That last pic! How'd you get that picture of me? And how did you quote me so accurately? Hmmm, maybe it was all in the court report.....never mind :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

PandaPawPaw

I like how much JC does for the environment but he has no problem polluting the world with his crappy movies these days. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

starschwar
On 2/1/2024 at 6:50 AM, PandaPawPaw said:

I like how much JC does for the environment but he has no problem polluting the world with his crappy movies these days. :P

I always chuckle a bit at the end of Who Am I (a good movie in my book):

Spoiler

"My father taught me.  To respect nature."  *Throws away a CD in an act of littering.*

I get that he meant the contents of the disc were harmful to mankind / nature / etc.  It just comes across like a Naked Gun gag but it isn't meant to be funny.

• Haha 2

PandaPawPaw
5 hours ago, starschwar said:

I always chuckle a bit at the end of Who Am I (a good movie in my book):

Hide contents

"My father taught me.  To respect nature."  *Throws away a CD in an act of littering.*

I get that he meant the contents of the disc were harmful to mankind / nature / etc.  It just comes across like a Naked Gun gag but it isn't meant to be funny.

To make matters worse it's a mini disc/dvd which has more plastic than a regular CD! :P

1.jpg.b64f5bd7a6d8388459150435fb229d6a.jpg

• Like 1