Direct-to-video Chinese series

ShawAngela

Does anyone knows where to find informations on these series, please ?

There are a lot of Taiwanese and maybe Hong Kong series surfacing these days, but no informations anywhere !

I already talked about David Chiang's series Nine Dragon Warriors.

We are now looking for informations regarding the series A killing love ( 刀巴記  ) 1985, in which play Chiang Tao, Sun Chien and Wei Pai and that looks GREAT !

There is also another series called Worthy love, Drawn sword 1984, still with Sun Chien and Wei Pai and also Kwan Fung, and that looks great too !

Since there are such great actors involved in these series, it's really strange that none information can be found on the internet regarding these titles.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Like 3

On 8/23/2018 at 12:53 PM, ShawAngela said:

Does anyone knows where to find informations on these series, please ?

There are a lot of Taiwanese and maybe Hong Kong series surfacing these days, but no informations anywhere !

I already talked about David Chiang's series Nine Dragon Warriors.

We are now looking for informations regarding the series A killing love ( 刀巴記  ) 1985, in which play Chiang Tao, Sun Chien and Wei Pai and that looks GREAT !

There is also another series called Worthy love, Drawn sword 1984, still with Sun Chien and Wei Pai and also Kwan Fung, and that looks great too !

Since there are such great actors involved in these series, it's really strange that none information can be found on the internet regarding these titles.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Unfortunately, unless the series was a HUGE hit or based on a famous novel, it's very hard to find much information (whether in Chinese or English) on a lot of Taiwanese martial arts series.

There tends to be more information readily available on Hong Kong TVB & ATV productions, as these were more widely exported and were perceived to be of higher quality (there certainly were more memorable productions from Hong Kong from the 70s-80s).

When my aunt had a video store, I recall most of the customers would rather rent TVB series instead of Taiwanese productions due to the brand recognition and perceived higher quality.

• Like 2

those series are known as silverbird and are under my way films a lot of them have been edited into tv movies  but all of them are full blown series all mainly star shaws actors but I would say sun chien seems to be in most of them

• Like 4

Killing Love Chiang To

image.png.e0e8f7eb0736a7ec90687053726fba47.png

Worthy Love Drawn Sword Kwan Fung

image.png.0be385d025a4e4517b4f0a1dabb1986a.png

Clan of Heavenly Sword Sun Chien, wei pai, chaing to

image.png.61e3bcc09424803d98a84ecc0d2e8200.png

Stout Hearted General Beardy

image.png.21491cb20b6a849c7d23ee75b5ebdc82.png

Shanghai Story  Ken Lo , Wei Pai

image.png.038393151bc1d31de019fc3c846795ac.png

Tolerant Hero Beardy

image.png.d380eb63a4ecc9248d19bfdf997f1b2a.png

• Like 5

On 1/23/2021 at 12:50 PM, rdenn said:

Tolerant Hero Beardy

On 1/23/2021 at 12:50 PM, rdenn said:

Stout Hearted General Beardy

@rdenn, do you know the years the above two shows were screened in Asia?.

• Like 1