Best Ninja movie

Guest gau dog

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Goldenarm79

I have the double dvd of "Shogun's Ninja", and Legend of the Eight Samurai but i was wondering if Shogun's Ninja was ever released in its original format, subtitled and everything, also i'm wondering if there were any other Japanese ninja movie recommendations from that era, cause those were pretty good, preferably by the Japan Action club, does anyone know???? Thanx in advance:smokin

Guest lemming

Just wondering (to the guy who like Shogun's Ninja)

I have been thinking about purchasing Shogun's Ninja however I dislike really gory action movies (I.E. I found some scenes in the first street fighter movie disturbing, though I found the 2nd and 3rd street fighter movie tolerable and enjoyable)

Knowing this, would you recommend this movie to?

My favorite NINJA flick is Chang Cheh's 5 Element Ninjas. Yes, I know it's a Chinese films and portrays the "ninja" as some kind of colorful assassins....but hell, it's a great flick!

Guest ThunderFoot77

Sad to say, but my favorite ninja film as a kid and still today was one of the best to come out in the 80's during hte ninja craze. It's "Ninja 3: the Domination"

A girl is possessed by an evil ninja, and carries out Assassinatioins that the ninja could not finish before being killed. After the girl finishes off many, a hero ninja comes in to take her down, and the spirit in side her.

Awsome flic.

Guest monk sante

My fav's are, "Super Ninjas" starring Alexander Lo, "Ninja in the Dragons den" which stars Henry Sanada and Conan Lee and yes "Shogun's ninja" is a great flick!

Monk Sante ;)

Guest gau dog

But I'd want to see some authentic ninja moves like I guess Sho Kosugi makes. Which movie has the best, exciting, and authentic ninja stuff?

Hi,

I highly recommend the Shinobi No Mono series. Eight in all. Stars Ichikawa Raizo as Goemon (gooey mon). Wonderful name!

Seriously, after a steady diet of Chinese stereotypical ninjas, you may find series this boring. There is no flying, no burrowing, no brightly colored outfits, no superfast and long drawn out fights. Btw, Shaolin challenges Ninja is one of the best movies of any genre, IMHO.

Again, strongly recommended if you can tolerate historical accuracy (exp. western weapons), SUBTITLES, a black and white picture and vhs format. I do recall that the first two movies of the series are available on dvd. However, I don't recall that either has English subs. In fact, I'm looking for six and seven with English subtitles. Any help finding those two is greatly appreciated.

If interested, I have a vhs copy of part one available from a trade that didn't happen as planned. I'd send it to you if you're in the U.S. or Canada. My dollar.

Regards,

Jake

Guest 1budz4u

Ever seen ICHIKAWA RAIZO in the samurai movies serial where he uses the sword technique called "CRESCENT" style? The style of swordplay is where he moved the sword in a full circular motion. Saw this movie as a little kid and I don't remember the title of it. I always remember his "CRESCENT" style of swordsmanship. My relatives owned the one of the local japanese movie theater that showed his movies as well as all the ZATOICHI ones. Maybe someone would know the title of the movie I am talking about.:D

Guest 1budz4u

got a original movie poster of SHOGUN'S NINJA and autographed by SHINICHI (aka: SONNY) CHIBA. I did see some site that had the KAGE NO GUNDAN & YAGYU JUBEI TV SERIES on videotape. They're great ninja series and all are from JAPAN ACTION CLUB. SAMURAI REINCARNATION is a good movie too.:D

Guest martialclub

From japanese cinema I recommend the Shinobi No Mono Series

and

From Chinese Cinema check out the following from best to worst

1.Chinese Super Ninja

2.Ninja In the Deadly Trap

3.Ninja In The Dragons Den

4.Ninja Hunter

5.A life of a Ninja

Guest chiba2000

Shogun's Ninja is the one to get, sure the music in it could have been better but the action...MAN is this some action packed flick or what!! And how can anything be bad when the always brilliant Sonny Chiba holds a katana (samurai sword) in his hands?! IT CAN'T!!!

Nope, this flick has never been released in it's original (Widescreen) format with English subs. Wish it had! :)

Here are my top 5 Ninja filcks list:

1. Shogun's Ninja (Sonny Chiba/Henry Sanada)

2. Owl's Castle (2000 Remake of Fukuro no Shiro)

3. Yagyu Conspiracy (Sonny Chiba/Yorozuya Kinnosuke)

4. Ninja Wars (Henry Sanada/Sonny Chiba)

5. Revenge of the Ninja (Sho Kosugi)

for more cool info check my website,

NINJADOJO

/Chiba2000 8)

Guest ThunderFoot77

A good film with an ok story, and stars like sanada, and HJL, along with conan lee (jackie lookalike in my mind) made it worth while, but it let me down after hearing so so much about it.

Besides horrible dubbing, and conan lee looking exactly like Jacki chan I thaught the film was darn entertaining, until the last fight. Hwang Jang Lee finally comes into the picture starts to get going and then he's dead??? what's up with that?

I went into Ninja in the dragons den expecting to be blown away, but in the end I felt at a loss, of an end fight....

anyone elses feelings?

Guest chiba2000

ThunderFoot77, are you talking about the R2 DVD release? I usually stay away from those, but like you I had heard so much good about it, so I bought it. I thought the movie was pretty cool (not a big Kung-Fu fan though), but what was most impressive was the video/audio quality, WOW that's one fine DVD release, they really DID re-master it! Best UK disc I own. :)

What's your opinion about the quality?

/Chiba2000 8)

Guest dvdgek

Hi,

Shogun's Ninja I haven't got that one any more but I had it on tape with original speech and dutch subs and it is the best Ninja movie if you ask me.

Ninja in the dragon's den is also pretty good also featuring Henry Senada. The best Amircan made title is for me revenge of the ninja. There arn't many good Ninja movies out the most are very cheap Richard harrison movies. I realy dislike Purple and orange ninja's disapearing.

I'm looking for the Shogun Ninja dvd but can't find this one in Holland. If you can pick it up in the states you should, great movie.

CYA,

Dvdgek

Guest dvdgek

That movie is not good if it's dubbed :-(

The japanese speech is what makes it so cool.

I will try to get the dutch release on vhs wich had jap speech and dutch subs.

Thanks for letting me know that the brentwood version is crap.

CYA,

Dvdgek

Guest TheDrunkenRabbit

I haven’t seen every ninja flick yet, saw most of the 80's ones and some Japanese and Chinese ones, but out of all of them according to action, story, and ninjas and over all, the best by far is NINJA SCROLL and yes it's an animation!

Archived