Scorpion King: Book of Souls (2018) - Another Direct-to-DVD sequel

AlbertV

Okay this was totally under the radar...a new Scorpion King movie is coming out on Blu-Ray, DVD, and Digital HD. This time, the new Mathayus is played by Zach McGowan, who will also star in another Universal direct-to-DVD sequel, Death Race: Beyond Anarchy. The film co-stars Pearl Thusi, Peter Mensah, and Nathan Jones. This looks....totally meh! Looks like it could be more like SK 1.5 or 2.5. I wished they had brought Victor Webster back as he made the 3rd and 4th at least watchable. Coming out October 23, 2018.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/21/2018 at 5:23 PM, AlbertV said:

Okay this was totally under the radar...a new Scorpion King movie is coming out on Blu-Ray, DVD, and Digital HD. This time, the new Mathayus is played by Zach McGowan, who will also star in another Universal direct-to-DVD sequel, Death Race: Beyond Anarchy. The film co-stars Pearl Thusi, Peter Mensah, and Nathan Jones. This looks....totally meh! Looks like it could be more like SK 1.5 or 2.5. I wished they had brought Victor Webster back as he made the 3rd and 4th at least watchable. Coming out October 23, 2018.

Surely one of the longest running DTV movie serie's?, or maybe the Operation Delta Force films still has the edge, in term of sequels?.

On 8/25/2018 at 11:20 AM, DragonClaws said:

Surely one of the longest running DTV movie serie's?, or maybe the Operation Delta Force films still has the edge, in term of sequels?.

Let's not forget The Marine

On 9/21/2018 at 6:13 PM, DarthKato said:

Did anyone ask for this? lol

No...at least they could have brought back Victor Webster.  He made a decent post-Rock Mathayus for DTV sequels but this is horrible miscasting. 

15 hours ago, AlbertV said:

No...at least they could have brought back Victor Webster.  He made a decent post-Rock Mathayus for DTV sequels but this is horrible miscasting. 

Well, I haven't seen any of the films except the first one. And I didn't really like it all that much. So I can  imagine how bad the sequels have gotten. 

Archived