HARAKIRI

Guest ninjai

Guest ninjai

Once again I need to ask about this movie, I see alot of you Guys place this as a Great movie, some info on it would be good, Thanks.

Ninjai

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kungfusamurai

It's more of a drama than a sword slasher film. If you approach it with that in mind, you might like it better. Don't expect crazy fight scenes galore like in Sword of Doom or even Yojimbo. Most of the fighting happens toward the end of the film and is somewhat haphazard, if I recall correctly.

KFS

Guest kenichiku

Agreed, agreed and double agree. How can you forget that tense ritual scene itself? 'Seppuku's drama is the key; it's clammy, dark, satiric, sinister, subversive and ultimately brilliant....more to my personal tastes as an ideal samurai film than either the nostalgic, reflective, sentimental high pedigreed 'Ame Agaru' (After The Rain) or 'Tasogare Seibei' (Twilight Samurai)... Okay, you got me, I still love em all :P !

Guest Kortik

Hope CK does it for us, I'll get it from him eventhogh i have R2 DVD no subs

I dont have a DVD burner otherwise I would burn for you guys(I've got several emails, with people asking for trading a DVD-R of Seppuku/Harakiri), I am saving some $ to buy me a Plextor DVD burner.

Archived