Did Victor Moore beat Bruce Lee in a test of speed?

DragonClaws

“I met Victor Moore at age 11, after I witness him defeat Bruce Lee in a test of speed. His victory occurred in front of thousands of people at Ed Parker’s, Long Beach Invitational’s. After the contest, I asked Vic for an autograph and he taught me some moves and I practiced them for two years until I found him competing in Southern California. At this time, Moore, defeated the then 91-0 seemingly undefeatable Mike Stone. This happened inside of 30 seconds. He dislocated Stone’s shoulder, sweeping him to the floor.

During my first Moore encounter he seemed to me to have bettered Chuck Norris. Unnecessary contact apparently cost him the necessary point to win the match and Norris scored on him to walk away with the trophy. Norris lifted his shirt and showed off how he was already bruised from the incredibly powerful strike he took from Moore. When I asked why did he do that after Moore lost out he said “To be the best you gotta fight the best and he (Norris) wants to make sure I’ll be back to fight him again.”

TxT taken from the following interview, Link- http://ultimateactionmovies.com/uamc-exclusive-frank-dux-talks-bloodsport-and-the-real-kumite/

img002.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phantom Dreamer

No. There's video of Lee humbling Moore yet Moore besting Lee, if it happened, has been wiped from existence?

On 8/20/2018 at 6:25 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

No. There's video of Lee humbling Moore yet Moore besting Lee, if it happened, has been wiped from existence?

Did they meet in a speed challenge more than once, perhaps?. I've no problem believing Moore did beat him in the speed test, but anything like thats not going to be high lighted by many.

Anyone know of a longer video?, this one only seems to show the same move, over and over. I thought it was a best of six, between the two guy's?, looks like the footage has been edited, before public release. The title of this clip a bit sensational, he hardly destroy's him, but simply beats him at one speed test.

NoKUNGFUforYU

These are some bitter old dudes. I think Steve Sanders/Mohammed has a better gripe. A lot of Bruce's stuff looks like Kempo (backfist hammerfist, etc) and he even does the Dance of Death in Way of the Dragon ( the series of techniques he uses on the sniper). I have no idea who would have won in a fight, but Moore was a heavyweight and willing to get in the ring and fight no holds barred. If you have to rely on an eye jab to win, you probably don't have much of a style. BTW, Bruce talked about his deadly eye poke but when it came down to using it against it against Wong Jack Man, he failed. 

I read somewhere once that a lot of different people that where there say Victor Moore did get the best of Lee but i personally don’t really care it doesn’t mean anything.What Lee was doing for me was just a speed demonstration,it doesn’t mean he was better or Moore was better it was just a demonstration of speed and if you move first like Lee does you probably would get to your opponent first but every now and again (maybe more)your opponent will intercept it,especially if he knows what’s coming.It would have been great though if Lee had sparred him and not Taky,now that would have been interesting.👍

On 8/20/2018 at 7:24 PM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

BTW, Bruce talked about his deadly eye poke but when it came down to using it against it against Wong Jack Man, he failed.  

A finger poke is a serious thing, you can blind your opponent with it, or worse. I'm not sure Lee had the intention of doing this to Wong Jack Man?, though he certainly wanted to win the confrontation. I dont know this for sure, but I'm guessing Lee reserved the deadly eye poke, for any life or death confrontations he found himself in. For example, someone wanted to harm you with a knife. Which is a very diferent kind of fight/situation, to facing a fellow Martial Artist from a rival school, in a controlled enviroment. By controled I mean it's not anything goes, like defending yourself on the street. I'm sure those present at the WJM fight, would have stepped in, before either man was lamed for life.

There's always someone faster, or stronger, or bigger than you, know matter if you are BL, or the best bare knuckler boxer, or the world heavyweight boxing champion.

We discussed quite a few famous people in this episode, including Bruce Lee, George Dillman, Rod van Clief, Skipper Mullins, Jhoon Rhee, Melvin Wise, John Osaka, Ron Williams, Ray Hughes, Harvey Eubanks, Mike Foster, Ed Parker, Robert Trias, Joe Lewis, Mike Stone, Bill Wallace.

Vic Moore appears on Episode 20, of WhistleKickRadio.

Link- http://www.whistlekickmartialartsradio.com/020-grandmaster-victor-moore/

Archived