OLD SCHOOL KUNG-FU TRAILERS from Klash ACTIONER

ThunderScore

Here's the trailer for THE DRAGON ON FIRE (1978), released theatrically in the U.S. as ENTER THREE DRAGONS by Serafim Karalexis in 1980. Out of sync, badly cropped with the film reversed for reasons unknown. My attempt to fix it...

Edited by ThunderScore
Dead Links
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, ThunderScore said:

Here's the trailer for THE DRAGON ON FIRE (1978)

It sounds like Warwick Evans narrated a lot of these trailers.

Edited by Silver and Gold Dragon
  • Like 2

"The Selling of Bruce Le to American TV" was the title of an article in the late lamented MARTIAL ARTS MOVIES magazine circa 1982. COLD-BLOODED MURDER (1981) is the export version of THE MAD COLD BLOODED MURDER and a good example of trying to market a Bruce Le film in America. New Brucesploitation scenes of Bruce Le fighting Bolo and Chiang Tao were edited into this film which were quite different in tone to the original film in which Mr. Le co-starred with Carter Wong and Chan Wai Man...

Edited by ThunderScore
Dead Links
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ThunderScore said:

"The Selling of Bruce Le to American TV" was the title of an article in the late lamented MARTIAL ARTS MOVIES magazine circa 1982. COLD BLOODED MURDER (1981) is the export version of THE MAD COLD BLOODED MURDER and a good example of trying to market a Bruce Le film in America. New Brucesploitation scenes of Bruce Le fighting Bolo and Chiang Tao were edited into this film which were quite different in tone to the original film in which Mr. Le co-starred with Carter Wong and Chan Wai Man...

I never knew about them adding the Bolo scenes, thanks for the video/information @ThunderScore.

• Like 1

ThunderScore

CALL ME DRAGON was the U.S. release of BRUCE LEE AGAINST SUPERMEN (1975) and aired on television under that title. This sequence has little to do with the rest of the film...

Edited by ThunderScore
  • Like 2

ThunderScore

TREASURE OF BRUCE LEE, while loaded with out of focus shots and stock footage also has this interesting encounter between Bruce Le and Chiang Tao -

Edited by ThunderScore
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, ThunderScore said:

TREASURE OF BRUCE LEE, while loaded with out of focus shots and stock footage also has this interesting encounter between Bruce Le and Chiang Tao -

Another great video @ThunderScore.

I have vague memories of watching this on VHS, picked it up on the old VPD label in the U.K, which had a few Bruceploitation titles in their catalogue.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

ThunderScore

Two more from THE NINJA STRIKES BACK (1982) - Chiu Chi Ling loses his head and the final fight between Mr. Le and Wong Cheng Li which IMO undeservedly gets lost in all the goings on in this film...

Edited by ThunderScore
  • Like 2

The first Dragon Lee film for me was DRAGON ON FIRE (1979), better known as THE DRAGON, THE HERO. IMO, an underrated title and a good place to start...

Edited by ThunderScore
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ThunderScore said:

The first Dragon Lee film for me was DRAGON ON FIRE (1979), better known as THE DRAGON, THE HERO. IMO, an underrated title and a good place to start...

Ditto, apart from the first DL flick I caught was The Last Fist of Fury, tagged on the end of The Real Bruce Lee.

If only Godfrey Ho had gone on, to make more films like this?, instead of throwing it aay by turning into a hack cut and paste director. It's hard to say if Ho would have gotten better as a director, but he turned his back on this, so he could make a fast buck on the Ninja genre.

Classic click @ThunderScore and perhaps Chan Lua finest and maddest hour?.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 4:12 PM, DragonClaws said:

...perhaps (Chen Lau's) finest and maddest hour?.

I would agree, it was my first exposure to Chen Lau and whenever I saw him in a film, I knew there would be something worth watching. That fight, incidentally was moved closer to the film's final battle in the English version released in the US by Trans Continental FIlms. John Liu, along with Tino Wong were actually the real leads, an attempt to cash in on his collaboration with Wong Tao in THE SECRET RIVALS (1976) I'd guess...

Edited by ThunderScore
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ThunderScore said:

I would agree, it was my first exposure to Chen Lau and whenever I saw him in a film, I knew there would be something worth watching. That fight, incidentally was moved closer to the film's final battle in the English version released in the US by Trans Continental FIlms. John Liu, along with Tino Wong were actually the real leads, an attempt to cash in on his collaboration with Wong Tao in THE SECRET RIVALS (1976) I'd guess...

Interesting fact, keep up the great work @ThunderScore.

• Like 1

I should mention that the UK Vengeance Video DVD is the Mandarin version with burned in subs and the English track edited in. The plethora of US budget DVDs in the early 2000s had the version shown in the States.

Dragononfirepost.jpg

Edited by ThunderScore
  • Like 2

Here's the final fight from DRAGON ON FIRE, serialized into three parts. It should be mentioned that the US version not only moved the Dragon Lee/Chen Lau fight to later in the film, but also intercut it into the final fight with John Liu, Tino Wong and Philip Ko. Things were made a bit confusing by the US edit since Tino Wong tells Phillip Ko that Chen Lau's character was killed. What follows is the original cut with English audio...

Edited by ThunderScore
  • Like 2

One last look at DRAGON ON FIRE, the only real interaction between Dragon Lee and John Liu in a scene very similar to something in THE SECRET RIVALS (1976)...

Edited by ThunderScore
  • Like 2

The Clones of Bruce Lee trailer seemed to start with one narrator and then switch to another. I'm not sure who the first one was but the second sounded like Matthew Oram. It also sounded like Oram was dubbing the news reports as well. It might be interesting to note that Oram did similar work in real life.

'Police Report 1981 July 11 presented by Matthew Oram': https://www.facebook.com/WarwickPaulEvans/videos/vl.1464688680326112/1825775804113192

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

The Clones of Bruce Lee trailer seemed to start with one narrator and then switch to another. I'm not sure who the first one was but the second sounded like Matthew Oram. It also sounded like Oram was dubbing the news reports as well. It might be interesting to note that Oram did similar work in real life.

I think @ThunderScore put his trailer together, by using two different sources?, which is why the narrator's voice changes.