Power Ranger's: Sequel Confirmed (20??)

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Rights owners Harbro, have confirmed there will be a follow up to the 2017 Power Ranger's re-boot. Sounds ethis will be a sequel, despite the fact the original didnt perform so well at the box-office. Though it must have made enough, to warrant a studio putting money into the sequel. While I'm not a massive fan of the series, if it gets new a generation of kids into the world of Martial Arts, its a positive thing.

Link- http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/59702/power-rangers-movie-sequel

Power-Rangers-2017-after-credits-hq.jpg

• Like 1

Was the first one any good? Being a huge fan of the original Mighty Morphing Power Rangers, I've been kind of hesitant to watch it. Most remakes tend to end up really bad. 

4 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Was the first one any good? Being a huge fan of the original Mighty Morphing Power Rangers, I've been kind of hesitant to watch it. Most remakes tend to end up really bad. 

In my opinion, No. Incredibly medicore remake to the point of being very boring. It went so safe in its route without trying a single thing unexpected or remotely interesting, I was bored as hell watching this. If you like Transformers movies (never seen one) you may enjoy it with the giant robot end battle, but even that didnt interest me, I was thinking "I watched all that movie for this end fight?"

Its always cool seeing a new Rangers cast (as if there isnt enough already) but it is majorly shorthanded in terms of martial arts. I cant remember if there were any physical fights at all. Curious what other people thought, might have to dig through the 1st thread if theres one.  btw, the ninja cast wasnt even interesting or likeable enough to make me want to see them again.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Koravec said:

In my opinion, No. Incredibly medicore remake to the point of being very boring. It went so safe in its route without trying a single thing unexpected or remotely interesting, I was bored as hell watching this. If you like Transformers movies (never seen one) you may enjoy it with the giant robot end battle, but even that didnt interest me, I was thinking "I watched all that movie for this end fight?"

Its always cool seeing a new Rangers cast (as if there isnt enough already) but it is majorly shorthanded in terms of martial arts. I cant remember if there were any physical fights at all. Curious what other people thought, might have to dig through the 1st thread if theres one.  btw, the ninja cast wasnt even interesting or likeable enough to make me want to see them again.

That's what I thought. Thanks, I'll be skipping it then. 

2 hours ago, DarthKato said:

That's what I thought. Thanks, I'll be skipping it then. 

I always like to compare my review to the low ones on Amazon, so thats what I was just doing and in the first low score one listed reads this. I cannot believe I forgot about this horrible attempt at humor "Masturbating a steer is a joke made in about 20 seconds into the movie and was graphic enough to talk about using two hands on its one udder; seriously, this is trash. Why have we let our society think this is okay for children? I hate Hollywood."  

This kind of thing shouldnt even be posted to this site (or anywhere), let alone a movie aimed towards children, very gross in my opinion. I also really disliked the autistic power ranger thing they had going on, found that pretty cringey and trying too hard. Thid movie actually gets worse the more I think about it. Geuss they did try a few weird ideas after all, just not ones that were that relevant to the story of the Rangers. (Id choose a few episodes over any PR series than this).

Edited by Koravec

13 hours ago, Koravec said:

I always like to compare my review to the low ones on Amazon, so thats what I was just doing and in the first low score one listed reads this. I cannot believe I forgot about this horrible attempt at humor "Masturbating a steer is a joke made in about 20 seconds into the movie and was graphic enough to talk about using two hands on its one udder; seriously, this is trash. Why have we let our society think this is okay for children? I hate Hollywood."  

This kind of thing shouldnt even be posted to this site (or anywhere), let alone a movie aimed towards children, very gross in my opinion. I also really disliked the autistic power ranger thing they had going on, found that pretty cringey and trying too hard. Thid movie actually gets worse the more I think about it. Geuss they did try a few weird ideas after all, just not ones that were that relevant to the story of the Rangers. (Id choose a few episodes over any PR series than this).

Seems like the kind of trash humor Hollywood thinks appeals to modern audiences. 

I’m just going to keep watching the tv shows and  forget about that crap. Just like I had to do with Transformers and GI Joe. Because modern Hollywood seems incapable of showing respect to the orignal product. 

• Like 2

Actually decided to check this out recently, and it actually turned out to be pretty damn good(And I went into this film fulling expecting to hate and despise it). Sure there was some things I didn't care for(Like a good portion of the movie feeling like an ad for Krispy Kreme), but I thought it was a fun movie. So I would be up for a sequel. 

• Like 3

lol my recollection of this flick is worse than “incredibly mediocre” like I previously said. The updated ranger outfits are cool though, more tech and design specs. Ive somehow seen worse movies in the theater.

Edited by Koravec
  • Like 2

It was following in making a more realistic tone of classic franchises (like Riverdale, where were have a realistic side to the Archie universe) and I am with @DarthKato. I actually liked the film and it helped launch Dacre Montgomery, Naomi Scott, and Ludi Lin, all of whom went on to major projects. Montgomery is on Stranger Things. Scott was Jasmine in the live-action Aladdin. And Lin would be in both Aquaman as Captain Murk and Mortal Kombat as Liu Kang. The new Megazord was my only gripe with the film, but I liked how these Rangers all are like typical teenagers with issues and how they formed a friendship, unlike the original series where they were all cheery and happy go lucky. I like that side of reality in terms of their characters, especially relating to RJ Cyler's Billy being autistic (I am on the spectrum as are 3 of my kids). 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3