The Hollywood Years (1966) - (1971)

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Wild_Rovers_1971_half_original_film_art_2000x.jpg?v=1551895554

What are peoples opinions on the rumoured Ryan O'Neal/Bruce Lee meeting on the set of The Wild Rover's(1971)?. It is said that Bruce Lee was keen to meet welterweight Boxer Hedgemon Lewis, whom was co-managed by O'Neal.

BlackBelt Janaury (1979)

By Tom Bleeker

Source- https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=QNQDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA69&lpg=PA69&dq=bruce+lee+meet+ryan+o'neal,+wild+rover&source=bl&ots=js0MY-Nn8w&sig=ACfU3U2JDEgiiXs3A6rg3O0QCbP4NuxBRQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjgt_e72IrpAhWBtHEKHSSrC5YQ6AEwAHoECA8QAQ#v=onepage&q=bruce lee meet ryan o'neal%2C wild rover&f=false

(Video Link Expired)

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

On 4/28/2020 at 1:29 AM, DragonClaws said:

Wild_Rovers_1971_half_original_film_art_2000x.jpg?v=1551895554

What are peoples opinions on the rumoured Ryan O'Neal/Bruce Lee meeting on the set of The Wild Rover's(1971)?. It is said that Bruce Lee was keen to meet welterweight Boxer Hedgemon Lewis, whom was co-managed by O'Neal.

BlackBelt Janaury (1979)

By Tom Bleeker

Source- https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=QNQDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA69&lpg=PA69&dq=bruce+lee+meet+ryan+o'neal,+wild+rover&source=bl&ots=js0MY-Nn8w&sig=ACfU3U2JDEgiiXs3A6rg3O0QCbP4NuxBRQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjgt_e72IrpAhWBtHEKHSSrC5YQ6AEwAHoECA8QAQ#v=onepage&q=bruce lee meet ryan o'neal%2C wild rover&f=false

Was this movie the inspiration for Brokeback Mountain? :09: :monk_laughing:

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 3:07 AM, DragonClaws said:

Rest in peace: The classy and talented Hedgemon Lewis

By John J. Raspanti

Link- https://www.secondsout.com/news/news/rest-in-peace-the-classy-and-talented-hedgemon-lewis-2959814

Hadgemon Lewis VS Carlos Palomino

Hedgemon_Lewis_v_Carlos_Palomino_1200.jpg

Is it just me or does a young Hedgemon Lewis have a striking similarity to a young Mike Tyson in this pic?  :wondering

200px-12562_cropped.jpeg

• Like 2

DragonClaws
On 5/8/2020 at 11:24 PM, Yihetuan said:

Is it just me or does a young Hedgemon Lewis have a striking similarity to a young Mike Tyson in this pic? 

The two did look similar in their younger year's.

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Steve McQueen and Bruce Lee: Complicated Tinseltown frenemies

(By Mattew Polly)

“Bruce Lee: A Life” ink slinger Matthew Polly delves into the deadly nunchucks expert’s relationship with Steve McQueen in an exclusive interview. Here a navy blue crew-neck sweater-clad King of Cool participates in a racing event in Southern California in the mid-1960s. The Persol sunglasses were famously wore by McQueen in “The Thomas Crown Affair.” McQueen’s widow Barbara Minty sold her pair for $70,000 at the 2006 Bonhams & Butterfields auction held at the Petersen Automotive Museum. Bruce Lee also took a liking to the Persol brand. Image Credit: The Estate of Steve McQueen

Link- https://medium.com/@jeremylr/steve-mcqueen-and-bruce-lee-complicated-tinseltown-frenemies-9a2e3dadc4e5

Sam Peckinpah & Steve McQueen, on the set of The Getaway(1972).

9ae1ed6b7c85ccc358e05a60acf8deed.jpg

• Like 1

DragonClaws

A Bruce Lee drawing of a warrior. Ink on paper signed in Lee's hand "Property of Bruce Lee," created circa 1967-1968. The image is possibly a concept drawing for "The Green Bamboo Warrior," a film scheduled for production after what became Lee's final film Enter the Dragon (Warner Bros., 1973). The drawing was given to Lee's friend and student Taky Kimura. A letter of authenticity from Taky Kimura accompanies this lot.

Image/TxT source- https://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/90/lot/38297/BRUCE-LEE-WARRIOR-DRAWING

127138_0.jpg

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Is there any other source that can verify if Bruce Lee, was actually working on The Green Bamboo Warrior as early as 1967?.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Is there any other source that can verify if Bruce Lee, was actually working on The Green Bamboo Warrior as early as 1967?.

It depends on how you define "working on". The green bamboo warrior was a character Lee constantly morphed to suit whichever project he was focused on at the time. These projects included The Warrior and Kung Fu as well.

• Like 3

ShawAngela

i don't have enough time at this moment, but when I'll have a little while, I'll update my thread talking about pictures and show some other Bruce Lee's drawing that I got (copies, of course) in a book devoted to him a few years ago.

There are some pictures in which he describes some scenes of one of his movies (I don't remember which one), a drawing of a dragon and more.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
19 hours ago, Alan C said:

It depends on how you define "working on". The green bamboo warrior was a character Lee constantly morphed to suit whichever project he was focused on at the time. These projects included The Warrior and Kung Fu as well.

Very good point, when did this idea first start to be developed?. I'd had wrongly thought this was a project Bruce Lee strictly worked on in Hong Kong. I'm sure there was a lot of overlaping between his un-made project's.

19 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

i don't have enough time at this moment, but when I'll have a little while, I'll update my thread talking about pictures and show some other Bruce Lee's drawing that I got (copies, of course) in a book devoted to him a few years ago.

There are some pictures in which he describes some scenes of one of his movies (I don't remember which one), a drawing of a dragon and more.

I look forward to viewing these, can you recall if they have any year/dates on them?.

• Like 1

Speeding Bullitt: The Life and Films of Steve McQueen

Episode 17 - Bruce Lee

After watching Bao Nguyen’s ESPN 30 for 30 documentary Be Water, I connect with the Steve McQueen expert Marshall Terrill to discuss McQueen's relationship with Bruce Lee.

Link- https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/episode-17-bruce-lee/id1487583333?i=1000479610984

• Like 1

The Kato Show: Bruce Lee as the Green Hornet's Sidekick

: This article is excerpted from a Newsweek Special Edition, Bruce Lee—75 Years of the Dragon, by Issue Editor James Ellis.

Link- https://www.newsweek.com/bruce-lee-king-fu-martial-arts-390811

"To most people, including the actors and actresses, Hollywood is like a magic kingdom," Bruce said. "It's beyond everyone's reach and when I made it, they thought I'd accomplished an incredible feat. But if my success was based on these two facts alone, then why is it that Green Hornet smashed box offices in Singapore, Philippines and other countries I haven't even visited?"

Van-Williams-Bruce-Lee-The-Green-Hornet.jpg

• Like 2

Bruce was very bright, ambitious and funny. He knew where he was (he was in a very exalted place, obviously) and knew about the place he was in. But, we didn’t work together often enough for me to form a close, real personal relationship with him. He wanted to work much more than we were able to have him on that particular series. We hoped there would be a second year where we would be able to integrate him more and make more use of his abilities and his talents. He would have been thrilled to do that, had we had more time with him. So, I can’t tell you tons of information about him, but I can tell you that he was fun to work with and he was everything that he was cracked up to be and more. If he grabbed you, you stayed in his hold until he decided to let go. Whatever you want, Bruce. - Joel Rogosin: Producer of the Longstreet T.V Series

source- https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-was-it-like-to-work_b_5631328?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALghhdnuG2qPHqkU1NRq1SSL2Jp-ZjXtxps3GoIBnd4QcVzN0oIe6j1Y5KoeFA6TuYqfjytFIS222vptayTaQlV0JqjWEe0D608_VuTcLTnSZw04r-7vvyXa683m3KsyUXbQ4BoxjLn-xbOxjxxUQ373czd-Sm4FPjLa9t_rIX71

joel-rogosin-circa-1971.jpg

• Like 1