The Hollywood Years (1966) - (1971)

DragonClaws

DragonClaws
7 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

damn, shannon lee is pissed. 

Just how did Warner Brothers and Tarantino manage to use his likeness without their blessing anyway?. Does the Estate fear their lawyer's?.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

Rare 1967 photograph of martial arts master Bruce Lee as he spends a night out on the town with Green Hornet co-star Van Williams. The two are all dressed up and look fantastic with this being one of the only images of Lee in this type of setting from before he became an international star! Clean and bold, this image has some light handling wear and some artistic notations from the editor of a newspaper on the white borders. One of the most important and exciting images of Bruce Lee we have ever had the pleasure of offering!

Source- https://rmyauctions.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=22587

item_22587_1.jpg

Source- https://www.popscreen.com/prod/MTYyMzA4MTIw/1967-Movie-TV-Family-Album-3-Bruce-Lee-The-Green-Hornet-Kato-Jeet-Kune

162308120_1967-movie-tv-family-album-3-b

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 10:49 PM, DragonClaws said:

You can find this set on Amazon @OpiumKungFuCracker.

s-l1600.png

Thank you so much for these news !! I only have a bootleg dvds set and if I can have an original legit set, it will be great !

• Like 2

On 8/14/2019 at 7:40 PM, ShawAngela said:

Thank you so much for these news !! I only have a bootleg dvds set and if I can have an original legit set, it will be great !

I think the set has been out for some time now?, glad it helped you out.

Crime fighting in progress.

BL2613.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

I think the set has been out for some time now?, glad it helped you out.

Yes, surely, but I'm ashamed to confess that I don't look too often to the Bruce Lee's thread...:bs_smile:

• Like 2

Diary of a Mad Wizard - Bruce Lee and Me

Link- http://jackjobe.blogspot.com/2011/07/diary-of-mad-wizard-bruce-lee-and-me.html

I remember how he praised the merits of fighting styles from Judo and Karate to Kung Fu.  He spoke of the time he spend meditating on each one and imagining counter moves.  This Bruce said was the time when he knew he had to embrace all points of view.  If you only fought against your style, you only defend well against your style.  What if your opponent does the unexpected? 

Bruce Lee and Jack Jobe, at a Charity event to raise money for Celebral Palsy

BL2411JackeJobe.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Couple of questions.

Have any pictures of Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris at this 1966 event, surfaced yet?.

Karate program signed by Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris could top $10,000 (2017)

The rare program, which is estimated to sell for upwards of $10,000, also comes with a letter of authenticity from Grand Master Tigi A. Mataali, who served as president and organizer of the South Bay Karate Tournament. He writes, in part:

"I recall that Chuck Norris was involved by performing a technique demonstration of his style Tang Soo Do in the Korean system…Chuck was an accomplished Black Belt, a great fighter and instructor. He was admired by many for his exceptional fighting skills…With respect to Bruce Lee and his presence at the event, he was a very good friend of mine and I personally invited him to attend this event.

Source- https://news.justcollecting.com/karate-program-signed-by-bruce-lee-and-chuck-norris-cold-top-10-000/

SSLDWAFUVH.png

Martial Art's great's and future actor's Joe Lewis and Chuck Norris face off in the 1960''s. Was Bruce Lee present during any of their fights?.

joe-lewis-chuck-norris.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Can anyone confirm if this picure was taken at the Ceberal Palsy Charity event, where Jack Jobe interviewed Bruce Lee?.

BL2898.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Burt Ward VS Bruce Lee

"‘I had a hard time keeping a straight face,’ he said. ‘I started to crowd Burt and he began to flap his elbows and jump around me. I was really keeping him scared and I hear someone in the back whisper, ‘The black panther and the yellow chicken.’ At that point, I burst out laughing. I just couldn’t keep a straight face anymore.’" - Bruce Lee

Source- https://www.batman-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=3673.0

BL2912.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1