Signature Weapon - The Nunchaku, Rice Flail, Chain Stick's

DragonClaws

To ask the age old question, whats everyone favourite Bruce Lee nunchaku sequence?. If your fan of Bruceploitation?, which clone film has the best nunchaku battle?.

• Like 2

shukocarl1441996347
16 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

To ask the age old question, whats everyone favourite Bruce Lee nunchaku sequence?. If your fan of Bruceploitation?, which clone film has the best nunchaku battle?.

Soul Brothers of Kung fu (many AKA's), Bruce Lee True Story(AKA Man & Myth)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

Soul Brothers of Kung fu (many AKA's), Bruce Lee True Story(AKA Man & Myth)

Nick Cheung Lik's nunchaku scene in Bruces Deadly Fingers (1976), would be one pick. There's so many from the Bruceploitation genre, its hard to pick just one out.

• Like 3

shukocarl1441996347
On 11/18/2021 at 6:43 PM, DragonClaws said:

Nick Cheung Lik's nunchaku scene in Bruces Deadly Fingers (1976), would be one pick. There's so many from the Bruceploitation genre, its hard to pick just one out.

Yeah that's a good one, also Kung Fu's Hero and Tough Guy are one's where he twirls them.  

• Like 3

On 11/17/2021 at 12:09 PM, DragonClaws said:

It's still GOD for me. I mean the nunchucks matching Bruce's yellow track suit, licking his nunchuks before engaging & plus he was facing an opponent who was also skilled with the weapon.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

It's still GOD for me. I mean the nunchucks matching Bruce's yellow track suit, licking his nunchuks before engaging & plus he was facing an opponent who was also skilled with the weapon.

Way of the Dragon for me, its the lonest and features a lot of different moves/techniques. The chain stick scene in Enter the Dragon is very brief, compared to the nunchaku scenes in Bruce Lee's other movies.

18 hours ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

Yeah that's a good one, also Kung Fu's Hero and Tough Guy are one's where he twirls them.  

The nunchaku scenes from films I also rate very highly. Nick Cheung-Lik took the weapon to another level after Bruce Lee's death. You can see why Asian filmmakers made so much use of his weapons skills.

• Like 2

Enter the Dragon was re-released in the UK in 1979, but not before being subject to further edits. Public concern at the spread of the use of chainsticks (or nunchaku) among London youths prompted a request by the BBFC to the distributor to remove all sight of the weapons from the film, its trailer and promotional posters. The chainsticks cuts were replicated when Enter the Dragon was classified for video in 1988, although some of the previous theatrical cuts to the violence were restored.

source- https://www.westminster.ac.uk/research/groups-and-centres/centre-for-law-society-and-popular-culture/projects/classified/the-exhibits/enter-the-dragon

• Like 2

@KUNG FU BOB, Have you seen the nunchaku scene in this Martial Arts Bollywood inspired crossover film?. It's not a straight up Martial Arts film, but it does feature a nunchaku fight scene on board a moving train. Around the hour mark, its a comedic scene that combines a lot of moves from the Bruce Lees nunchaku scenes. Mostly riffing on Way of the Dragon, such as the scene where Jon Benn's Mafia boss gets his wrist snagged with the nunchaku. Then there nice nod to the Game of Death double nunchaku duel right the end of the fight. They've even re-used the nunchaku chain-link sounds effects, from Way of The Dragon. Most of the Karate inspired action, takes part in the final scenes.

Karate is a 1983 Indian Hindi-language action film directed by Deb Mukherjee, starring Mithun Chakraborty, Kaajal Kiran, Yogeeta Bali and Mazhar Khan

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

See that's what Bruce's version was missing, a bit of song and dance. Bruce and Dan busting some dance moves during their fight would of made it way better. :laugh

Mithun Chakraborty was a huge star back then. Not sure about now though. I grew up watching his movies.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

No Nunchucks - How the quirks of a conservative British censor led one of the most popular cartoons in history to appear in censored form during the height of its success. (Ernie Smith)

Link- https://tedium.co/2019/08/20/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-nunchucks-censorship/

Enter the Dragon unwittingly primed the British film industry for a period of aggressive censorship

The story of the censorship of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, if you really break it down, starts in 1973, when a film jointly produced in the U.S. and Hong Kong turned martial arts films into a mainstream Western phenomenon.

That movie, Enter the Dragon, introduced many American audiences to Bruce Lee, who translated his early appearances on the American show The Green Hornet, one of the first showcases for martial arts in mainstream Western media, into major success abroad. Lee’s films targeting the Asian market had generated so much buzz that the American film industry effectively came to him, putting massive money behind Enter the Dragon’s marketing campaign.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/71/65/97/7165970c1caca47ebae8b510e9d63d15.jpg

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw

TMNT 1990 is so good! Yeah the film is a bit dated but the costumes and gritty style is excellent! I hope the Directors cut or deleted scenes get released some day.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
On 3/19/2022 at 2:24 AM, PandaPawPaw said:

TMNT 1990 is so good! Yeah the film is a bit dated but the costumes and gritty style is excellent! I hope the Directors cut or deleted scenes get released some day.

It was one of my favourite childhood films too, I didnt know the film had been butchered in the U.K at the time. Missed the 1990 movie in cinemas, but my parents rented it for me as a kid. Recall watching it for the first time with a few friends, we all hyped for it. Used to have big movie poster, with the shot of all four turtles peeping out of the sewer hole.

• Like 5

DragonClaws

Is the following image a Bruceploitation poster or a Comic Book cover?.

BL4098.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Cognoscente

I wish that someone made a movie where someone fought with a dynamite stick that was chained to a holding stick.

• Like 3

AlexanderFu
On 11/18/2021 at 1:43 PM, DragonClaws said:

This!!! I watched last night and I was blown away by this man! Best I ever saw, bar none! I don't know much about Cheung Lik, but he is a FANTASTIC martial artist! Anyone know his training background?

I was so pumped watching Bruce's Deadly Fingers for some reason. It had the good dub crew, so that helped a bit, but....Lo Lieh, Chan Wei man, Bolo and this bad ass dude i've never seen? Just fantastic and I love seeing Hong Kong the way it was.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, AlexanderFu said:

This!!! I watched last night and I was blown away by this man! Best I ever saw, bar none! I don't know much about Cheung Lik, but he is a FANTASTIC martial artist! Anyone know his training background?

Check out Kung Fu's Hero & Enter the Game of Death for more of Nik Cheung Lik's nunchaku skills.

• Like 2