Unknown series with David Chiang and Paul Chang Chung

ShawAngela

This should be rdenn's post, but well, this is the third forum where this question will be asked. Maybe well have more luck here than on the two others.

So, it happens that rdenn came across a series in which play David Chiang, Lung Tian Hsiang, maybe Nancy Yen and Paul Chang Chung.

The series is called Nine dragon warriors, or, according to the title of the novel that has been foudn by a friend of ours on another forum, Nine dragon lanterns.

There is no trace of this series in David Chiang's filmography and we don't know either the year of release, either the number of episodes, nor the company that released it, so, if any of you have any clues, it would be great to help us to find at least informations on the series, on the better, the series itself...

rdenn got it by a friend in America who got it in a store in Chinatown. Maybe those here who live in America and goes to their chinatown store could ask there ?

rdenn has uploaded a clip on youtube with the full iontroduction the to the fourth episode he got.

Here's the link :

This series looke great and it would be GREAT if any of you could help us ! Thanks !

Also, if someone recognizes any other actors in th eclip, let us know, please !

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, maybe with the Chiinese title it would be easier to ask around for the American members :

九龍燈

1 hour ago, Gaijin84 said:

I’ve got a store or two in Chinatown that I can ask, should have an answer by Thursday.

Thank you very much !!

From what a member of the other forum has found, it could be a diret to video production, so, maybe there are still some VHS or whatever format around...

We got more informations, thanks to another member from anothr forum, who is very active in finding informations.

The director is Cheng Tseng Chai :   hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtml?id=2787&display_set=eng

The producer is Lin Kun Chung

It has been published by Shih-Guo Video Enterprises Ltd.

The US-Canadian Agent is Century American Audio-Visual Inc. , with an address in California.

rdenn, I hope that you don't mind if I post the picture of your cover here, maybe it will help :

o9n32o.jpg

7 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I got the kung fu kid ! I just recieved it a few days ago, dvdr, of course...

I would guess that's the only way its available, but I'll make sure.

Unfortunately, both places I usually went in Chinatown to buy movies are now shut. A sad day, things have really, really changed down there...

I have a couple other options that I'll pursue though.

That looks pretty well made for a television series. Looks like something from the 80’s. Perhaps shot on film. Reminds me of the Shooting Eagles series.

Archived