Enter the Dragon (remake)

Guest stormybman

He said Danny Chan....

Right, in the Game of Death role.

ETD should be left alone...

It's a film that really has a historical significance... Being the first Hollywood production specifically written for a Chinese lead actor in an international release, geared toward a certain genre, the film was made with and for Bruce Lee, exclusively. The original title, "Blood and Steel," was changed by Bruce's request to "Enter The Dragon" to announce the arrival of this projected new star.

Not keen on this at all...

I don't mind unofficial (or official) sequels if handled properly, but a remake of such a classic? It would have to be really good. And no kung fu movies in the past 10 years or so have been really good.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Found this on Facebook Kung Fu Fandom Page.

GD Y-Y

spike.jpg

Facebook

Google Plus

Twitter

SPIKE LEE TO REMAKE ENTER THE DRAGON

Sep 16, 2014 Chad Sternberger Movie News

SPIKE LEE TO REMAKE ENTER THE DRAGON BROOKLYN

Maverick director and graphic design encourager, Spike Lee has confirmed this week that he will be remaking classic Kung Fu pic Enter the Dragon.

The news came following what was seen by many as a disappointing business on the 2013 Oldboy remake starring Josh Brolin of last year. Spike cordially told the Studio Exec:

I’ve had a taste of Far East cinematic cuisine and just like the actual cuisine of the Far East, it has left me hungry for more. I began to get a real grasp of the action dynamics and this time I will be going full out.

The new Enter the Dragon will star Ken Yeong of The Hangover ‘fame’ in the role made famous by Bruce Lee, Lee, a martial artist who agrees to participate in a tournament the better to spy on the doings of an evil crime lord. Billy Bob Thornton will play Roper, the American who aids Lee, a role originally played by cult movie legend John Saxon in the 1973 original.

In his usual laid back style, Spike Lee confided in Studio Exec:

The idea originally came from Bob Weinstein. He said ‘Your name is Lee. And Bruce Lee’s name is Lee! It’s meant to be.’ I was bowled over. I said, ‘Bob, the way you put things together is visionary.’ Also everyone agreed that my Oldboy was so much better than Chan-wook Park’s frankly infantile effort and it occurred to me that although Enter the Dragon has this cult status, it isn’t really a very good film and it has almost no comedy routines. Ken Yeong will change that and I’ll direct the hell of it.

Enter the Dragon: A Spike Lee Joint will be released in 2016.

GD Y-Y

Secret Executioner

Weinstein suggested it, the lead will be a guy from the Hangover films and that bozo is doing it just because he's called Lee... I'm sure we won't have anything to worry about, heh ? Why not have Don Wilson, since he's dubbed "The Dragon" ?

After spitting on Tarantino for making a movie with a Black guy in it (too bad Django Unchained was tons better than anything Spike would ever do), he's shitting on Bruce Lee's legacy... Great guy really. :rolleyes:

Exactly....look at the article carefully...and it's Ken JEONG....NOT Ken YEONG....goes to show how satirical this article was....I still see genuine reactions and it just makes me laugh.

And just for the real record...Kurt Sutter, who created the show SONS OF ANARCHY, wrote a treatment for a ETD remake called "Awaken the Dragon". This was supposed to have been a project for K-Pop star turned action star Rain. As a matter of fact, he was supposed to have done this after NINJA ASSASSIN, but the film went to developmental hell.

If there is going to be an ETD remake, let's just say there will be...we need some new blood and after what I saw this weekend, I would throw David Sakurai's name in the hat for the lead role.

Secret Executioner
Yeah, the same website also says Leonardo DiCaprio was arrested for prostitution.

What website ? Guess the OP could have elaborated a bit more on this...

It's a fake article. I can't believe people are falling for this.

I couldn't believe it either. I woke up this morning and this story was on a few sites I visit. All you have to do is read the article and it's obvious it's a fake story. Sometimes the gullibility of some people is astounding.

One Armed Boxer
What website ? Guess the OP could have elaborated a bit more on this...

I'm kind of getting deja vu having this conversation.:tongue: But one more time - if posters are going to copy and paste complete articles into the forum, always provide a link to the original article. It's common courtesy.

Here's the link to the original article for this thread -

http://www.thestudioexec.com/spike-lee-to-remake-enter-the-dragon/

In breaking news, Chris Tucker is apparently going to play the part originally played by Jim Kelly.

In breaking news, Chris Tucker is apparently going to play the part originally played by Jim Kelly.

lol!

Update: Melissa McCarthy will be playing Ahna Capri role; and Margaret Cho will be playing Bruce's inside contact!

I couldn't believe it either. I woke up this morning and this story was on a few sites I visit. All you have to do is read the article and it's obvious it's a fake story. Sometimes the gullibility of some people is astounding.

Yeah, I mean...just read it. How could anybody believe this? :ooh:

I'm thankful it was a prank, because Spike Lee is a real windbag and not nearly as good as he thinks he is.

Heads up for those who've never seen it: somebody posted "A Fistful of Yen" to YouTube a month ago:

X-X9lPz6UfY

It's in French, but beggars can't be choosers.

It's from the 1977 John Landis movie Kentucky Fried Movie, basically a half-hour parody of "Enter the Dragon," and it's really good. I saw it first-run, and back in 1977 it blew me away how good it was. In 2014, less so, but it is inspired. More inspired than a Spike Lee version would be, I'm sure.

If a Spike Lee Enter the Dragon were legit, Michael Jai White would have been mentioned for the Williams role originated by Jim Kelly. :tongue:

Not at all surprised by this.

Ratner's favorite film is ETD and Rush Hour 2 had little bits here and there (especially getting Schifrin to score) that were clearly homages.

Dream casting to begin...now.

MJW as Williams? :tongue:

Guys the catch among many others was Billy Bob Thornton playing Roper!!!!!!!?.........eh........you see what I mean.