How can I keep up to date with upcoming DVD releases of martial arts films?

wasilewski

There seems to be so many great films coming up this year and I don't know how to keep on top of when they will be released.  How do you guys keep track?  

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

Ironically, I use these boards. I generally know what films are due out in the US but there are other members who are a lot better than me at getting DVD/Blu Ray release dates. If it wasn't for these boards, I'm sure I'd miss out on loads of films.

DragonClaws

Ditto what @Drunken Monk said, this place is also great for keeping tabs on the many fan project's/releases too.

Take caution, keeping up with every new release can be hazardous to your bank accounts heallth.

I use www.blu-ray.com.  Click on "News" for news of upcoming Blu-rays.  Click on "Blu-ray" then go down to the paragraph under "Blu-ray Movies" and click on "Blu-ray release dates".  You'll see the titles listed by month for the current year.  Click on each month for that month's Blu-ray titles.

Also, you can use the Search function - you can choose the blue-green globe for All Countries, or use the drop-down menu to select an individual country, then enter the title you're looking for and search to see if that title is a Blu-ray release in that country.

I don't know of a site that lists international DVD titles, but videoeta.com lists movies on DVD and Blu-ray in the US.  Go to the site, click on "Movies" and you can pick which month this year you want to see the list of titles that are getting a DVD release.  Or use the search function at the top of the page.   

Forgot to mention http://cityonfire.com/  Click on "New & Upcoming DVD/Blu-ray" for info on All Titles, Asian Titles, Martial Arts Titles, Other Notable Titles, and Popular Pre-orders.

Guys - thanks for the replies.  I haven't been online in a few days so I'm only getting back now :)

Whitesnake - thanks for the tips about blu-ray, videoeta and cityonfire, I didn't know about those websites.  

As has already been mention, I rely on these boards.  I thought there was maybe some secret resource that I was missing out on :)). 

Archived