Brian Lucey

saltysam

A random left field question for a Sunday afternoon. Back in the 80's when i collected the magazine Martial Arts Movies (i regret selling them to this day) there was a large feature on a Bruce Lee film memoribilia collector by the name of Brian Lucey. Fast forward 30 years later and i'm watching the german dvd of Bloodfight 2 with  Robin Shou & Joe Lewis. One of the characters in the movie "Jesse" is played by a Brian Lucey...IMDB says this is his only credit. Anyone know if it's the same guy...random i know but i'm curious.😉

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws
7 minutes ago, saltysam said:

A random left field question for a Sunday afternoon. Back in the 80's when i collected the magazine Martial Arts Movies (i regret selling them to this day) there was a large feature on a Bruce Lee film memoribilia collector by the name of Brian Lucey. Fast forward 30 years later and i'm watching the german dvd of Bloodfight 2 with  Robin Shou & Joe Lewis. One of the characters in the movie "Jesse" is played by a Brian Lucey...IMDB says this is his only credit. Anyone know if it's the same guy...random i know but i'm curious.😉

George Tan mentened a BL Collector called Brian Lucey in some of his interviews, it very well could be him. I know Tan was involved in writing for some low budget movies, maybe Bloodfight 2 was one of them?.

Toby Russell appears in BF2, so he would probably be the best guy to ask, if you can reach him?.

George Tan interview

Link- http://www.cityonfire.com/unknown/interviews/gt/index.htm

Found a Brian Lucey on facebook, he had this pic up, he's also friends with Will Johnston who's well known in BL fan circles..so i'm saying it's the same guy.Curiously in his postings he barely mentions BL,perhaps he has now moved on...

brian lucey.jpg

DragonClaws
6 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Found a Brian Lucey on facebook, he had this pic up, he's also friends with Will Johnston who's well known in BL fan circles..so i'm saying it's the same guy.Curiously in his postings he barely mentions BL,perhaps he has now moved on...

Nie work @saltysam, would you mind posting a link toe Will Johnston's FB page, I've been trying to get in touch with him and Andrew Stanton. For some reason I've been unable to find them on FB. I'd like to ask them a few questions, in regards to a documentary they made. Tried to contact Andrew via MAI magazine, but its now shut down.

Still got the book the pair released on BL.

2 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Appreciate you posting the link dude, but it doesnt work, FB just says this page isn't available or has been re-named?.

very weird, i click the link and i go straight to Will's page.Maybe you have to be logged in yourself first to access it?

DragonClaws
Just now, saltysam said:

very weird, i click the link and i go straight to Will's page.Maybe you have to be logged in yourself first to access it?

I'll give that a go thanks, only joined up to FB recently, and its purely to get in touch people, in regards to the Bolo documentary. I don't check it every hour, or spend huge amounts of time on there.

DragonClaws
2 minutes ago, saltysam said:

will2.png

this is what i see when i click the link

Just got it to work fine, thanks for your help @saltysam

Guest Brian Lucey

Hi my name is Cory Wong and i knew Brian Lucey back in 75. In the magazine i believe an early 80s issue of Fighting Stars Brian talks about just getting started in Bruce Lee collecting. He mentions the big collectors back then we're Tony Barron Bill Wadler and well me Cory Wong. I knew Tony very well he lived in my apt building and we went to Le Conte jr high. Bill was a man at least 20 years older then us. I worked at the Athena gift store on Hollywood Blvd with Norman Borine in 74-77. The Athena actually morphed into a Bruce Lee shop. We would have Bruce Lee parties a few times a year. When i moved to NYC in 77 i sold my collection to Norman. 

Archived