Lone Wolf & Cub Tv Series

Guest kungfusamurai

Guest kungfusamurai

Has anyone here ordered these on DVD from the retailers samuraiflix.com or cdjapan.co.jp? The samurai flix DVDs are DVD-Rs (I take it that they're burned rather than pressed) but offer english subtitles and are around $39 US each. The Japanese disks are DVDs without english subtitles and are about $45 US each. I haven't looked at the shipping charges, but my guess is that the Japanese shipping charges will be significantly higher than the US.

If you have ordered either version, what is the quality like? Also, what is the reliability of DVD-Rs? Do they have a short life-span or are they reasonably durable? Has anyone ever dealt with Samurai flix? Is the quality of their products in general reasonable considering the prices they charge? And the source of their prints - VHS copies or original film prints?

KFS

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Are you sure they have english subs I checked at the website and those don't have english subs at cdjapan.co.jp.

www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailv...=IMBS-1169

So maybe at samuraiflix they have added subs and are you sure they used the same dvd's www.cdjapan.co.jp is selling. If they use VHS as the source the quality will be not the same.

DVD-R is dvd and the lifespan depends on the quality it is burned on. The same for any original dvd you buy.

If they use cheap medium maybe you wil ahve problems in the future who knows.

I have the serie on vcd and they are cool.

Only they sometimes follow exact the same story as the movies so in that case you know what happens when you have seen the 6 movies. In that case there are some episodes you don't want to buy.

I personaly think the amount you have to pay for two episodes is outrages. If you compare it to a boxset like x-files, babylon 5 etc... the prices are insane.

I know japanese movies are rare for us but not for the japanese and they also ahve to pay so much for one dvd.

There are 3 seasons so do the math.

I can't tell you anything about the quality of those DVD'S but they should be excellent if you see what they charge for it. For that amount of money I expect perfect dvd's ;-)

It is a real shame they don't add more subs to the new japanese releases.

Cya,

DVDGEK

Guest chiba2000

Hello guys.

SamuraiVideo's LWAC TV-series are recorded from subtitled TV-broadcasts, not DVD as source. There are NO subtitled DVD's for the 3 seasons of LWAC. Quality is good, much better than those VCD's you have...CheapSamurai right? ;)

Also please understand that not all his stuff (even though it say DVD-R) is "DVD" quality, you have to remember that many of his titles has never been released on DVD and somtimes not even on VHS, still he somehow finds the stuff and subttiles it for us...keep that in mind. :)

/Chiba2000 8)

Guest bonepile

I have several sets of the Japanese TV series from CDJapan the quality is very good however there are No English subtitles, and these sets of episodes have gotten very, very

expensive. Why I do not know! If you understand Japanese they are certainly worth it, if not, it's a lot of money to spend. Also this series is entirely different than the six original movies.

Guest chiba2000

True true, and you have to remember Nakamura Kinnosuke was a great actor BUT a terrible swordsman. If you want to enjoy the Lone Wolf at it's best, the original 6 movies starring the legendary Wakayama Tomisaburo is the only way to go.

By the way, anyone seen the "new" LWAC TV-series starring Kitaoji Kinya? He both a great actor and swordsman, that would be fun to see.

/Chiba2000 8)

Guest kungfusamurai

Thanks for the info guys. I think what I might do is get my hands on a copy of the VHS 'Fugitive Samurai', which is an edit of the first and second episodes from the TV series and make up my mind from that if I want to still buy the whole thing.

KFS

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

I've seen the Lone Wolf movies, but never the TV show. Where the hell can I get the VCDs? (Nobody tells me ANYTHING)

I've ordered from samurai -flix and his DVD-R's are excellent.he is alittle pricey but some of his dvd's are hard to find else where. Hope that helped you.

Ninjai

Archived