Girls with Guns and Triad Recruitment classics from the 80's and 90's remasters

NoKUNGFUforYU

NoKUNGFUforYU

How much interest is there in me subbing these gems- Angel 2, Fighting Fist, Final Mission, etc? They are 1080p from China, but lack subtitles. I am an old school guy, but if people really want them, I will spend time on them. I spent a lot of time on a few movies, Killer From Above and Dog King and Snake King, only to get little interest. I suppose you can watch VHS on Wu Tang Collection, but there is a world of a difference once the movie is restored. Please tell me. If I don't hear from anyone, I will finish with Angel 2 and call it a day on this genre.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws
20 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

How much interest is there in me subbing these gems- Angel 2, Fighting Fist, Final Mission, etc? They are 1080p from China, but lack subtitles. I am an old school guy, but if people really want them, I will spend time on them. I spent a lot of time on a few movies, Killer From Above and Dog King and Snake King, only to get little interest. I suppose you can watch VHS on Wu Tang Collection, but there is a world of a difference once the movie is restored. Please tell me. If I don't hear from anyone, I will finish with Angel 2 and call it a day on this genre.

It would be excellent to see some of those titles get cleaned up with superior subtitles, but I wouldnt have the spare money to buy/support these at the moment.

I am definitely interested in Fighting Fist and Final Mission. I agree, a quality remaster really makes a huge difference and I would love to see custom versions of some of these Girls with Guns movies.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Compare this-

To this. Relying on the cheap VHS transfers is going to kill the genre. That is a reason why there a fans of the genre, and fans of Jackie or the Shaw Brothers. The latter isn't going to sit through some cheap looking stuff, and even though some old timers may like the VHS, it isn't going to lure in new fans.

TibetanWhiteCrane

That looks nice, but personally I find that big logo in the corner more than distracting.

On 7/12/2018 at 10:50 AM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Killer From Above and Dog King and Snake King, only to get little interest.

How come ??!!

These are great movies, with great fights and since people here are members of a martial arts cinema forum, I wonder why you didn't have more buyers for your great work on these movies...

On 7/13/2018 at 5:52 PM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

but personally I find that big logo in the corner more than distracting.

Sure that it's spoiling a little bit the movie to have this on the screen, but it's better to have a great quality print with a logo, than a bad copy without anything on the screen in my opinion...

I have the same logo iin my movies Operation lispstick, Let's fall in love, Forever diamonds, The villains The brain stealers and so on but I forgot it and focused on the movies by themselves...

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yeah, it's probably nitpicky, but I have a hard time looking past stuff like that.

NoKUNGFUforYU
On 7/13/2018 at 7:31 PM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Yeah, it's probably nitpicky, but I have a hard time looking past stuff like that.

Well, there's always that VHS copy.

I could have that removed, it is a painstaking process. Most people are waiting for these to pop up on a torrent site or Wu Tang, instead of paying for all the time it takes to make these, so it is hard to want to throw 10 more hours and electricity to removing the emblem. 

Right now, just to go a little further, I see one of my Youtube freebies with over 100,000 views, 4215 subscribers, 215 likes. Only 3 leads of people that want to acquire anything from that site though, in 3 years. And, a guy claims the copyright for every kung fu movie known to man on there through a scum lawyer that has a deal with youtube. And no, his claim is not legit, but if you work these little niches, you can make a lot of money for nothing. Not exactly a motivator for people like me, Toby, Jamal, etc, to work on these.

TibetanWhiteCrane
32 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I could have that removed, it is a painstaking process. Most people are waiting for these to pop up on a torrent site or Wu Tang, instead of paying for all the time it takes to make these, so it is hard to want to throw 10 more hours and electricity to removing the emblem. 

34 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Well, there's always that VHS copy.

Just so we're clear, my pan n' scan days are way behind me and I don't watch movies on Youtube. And I do admire your efforts and appreciate your intentions.

One Armed Boxer
On 7/12/2018 at 10:50 AM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

How much interest is there in me subbing these gems- Angel 2, Fighting Fist, Final Mission, etc?

In short - absolutely!

'Angel 2' and 'Final Mission' would be awesome, but 'Fighting Fist' is complete garbage (I gave it a 3/10 review here).  Plus both the Japanese and Hong Kong versions of it are readily available on DVD, not the case for the other 2, so I'd say stick with those.

Let me know once they're ready and I'll be all in.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Well, I found an old Czech version of Angel 2 I had all along, high def widescreen with English subs for Angel 2. Only problem is one scene cut, which is a boring dinner scene. What do you all think? Anyone want the Czech version, etransfer? Or should I try to organize the other HD, but that has hardcoded Chinese subs?

NoKUNGFUforYU

How about Mission of Justice? No nice versions with subs. Is it any good? I forgot. I used to go through these two a night in the 90's. Also getting a little hammered at times, memory is hazy. I would have to copy each line, so I would hope it's a good one, LOL!

TibetanWhiteCrane

I hav a perfectly nice version of MOJ with Mandarin and English audio options, no subs though. Don't know its origin as it's a Dvd-r. Not a great film as the action is a bit subpar and the story not that interesting. The Osh never looked better though.... looks-wise.

Archived