L&T Films Corporation Ltd.

bruceleeclones

bruceleeclones

Anyone know anything about the L&T Films corporation Ltd/Ark Films. They released a bunch of Kung fu movies in the US, often with some crazy re-titles.
I'm trying to find out who owned the company and what year they went out of business.

LT.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor

John Charles of Hong Kong Digital was able to identify them - maybe he knows? His website hasn't been updated since 2006 though!

DragonClaws
On 7/10/2018 at 10:16 PM, bruceleeclones said:

Anyone know anything about the L&T Films corporation Ltd/Ark Films. They released a bunch of Kung fu movies in the US, often with some crazy re-titles.
I'm trying to find out who owned the company and what year they went out of business.

Sounds like something @ThunderScore would know more about. Sure he's posted a lot of the companys posters?, unless I'm mixing them up with another firm?.

bruceleeclones

It's always good to know who was behind these companies.  A load of indie companies (especially in the US) released Kung Fu movies in the 70's and 80's. It's difficult to find any information about any of these distributors now.  I wonder what happened to all the posters and stills these companies had for the releases,  the nearest dumpster I'm guessing.  

NoKUNGFUforYU
3 hours ago, bruceleeclones said:

It's always good to know who was behind these companies.  A load of indie companies (especially in the US) released Kung Fu movies in the 70's and 80's. It's difficult to find any information about any of these distributors now.  I wonder what happened to all the posters and stills these companies had for the releases,  the nearest dumpster I'm guessing.  

Not a lot of sentiment with these movies. Also, for a certain segment of the audience, the Bruce Lee imitators were considered bottom of the barrel. Who would know that there would be so many fans of Bruce Le and Bruce Li when even some of the distributors knew they were trying to trick the audience into thinking Bruce Lee might appear in a scene, etc? Also, these smaller companies didn't have the infrastructure to preserve films for long term. First run, second run, drive in, done. That's probably what happened to The Godfathers of Hong Kong and Hong Kong Connection, the two Kim Jun Pal movies that disappeared.

NoKUNGFUforYU

PS, stills and posters were a weird deal back then. Most had to be sent back or stored for a second run at the local theater. Believe me, in Berkeley we would have been buying them up every week. Same with Chinatown, hard to get them to give them up. Pretty sure they were stored. You have to remember, printing and photo costs were high back then! But, so were storage costs. If you weren't going to show them again, why keep them? These guys were businessmen, not fans. As Run Run Shaw once said to the question "What was your favorite movie?"- "The ones that made lots of money"

45891395_1525500684219975_45083580559974MyKungFuTwelveKicks+1979-4-b.jpg

This one is My Kung Fu 12 Kicks.

46156057_1525501544219889_85267346593404

I think this one is Amsterdam Connection. I did a collaborative HKMDB search for the three stars and this was the only title that popped up.

Archived