Foreign Dubbing

shukocarl

Here's one for you:

When our favourite Fu films started to be exported to the west...who did the dubbing? It's obvious the English versions were done in-house but what about the German, Italian, Spanish etc?

Were they dubbed in the country they were destined for? I can't think that local HK/Taiwan companies could pull off such foreign dubs.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws
1 hour ago, shukocarl said:

Here's one for you:

When our favourite Fu films started to be exported to the west...who did the dubbing? It's obvious the English versions were done in-house but what about the German, Italian, Spanish etc?

Were they dubbed in the country they were destined for? I can't think that local HK/Taiwan companies could pull off such foreign dubs.

You might find this thread useful @shukocarl

23 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

You might find this thread useful @shukocarl

Some nice links there but not really relevant to the overseas dubbing, I wondered how difficult the European (non-English) dubbers  translated and dubbed the films.

DragonClaws

Most of the Italian Westerns were dubbed in Italy, though MGM did their own dubs for the Dollar's Trilogy, as far as I know. I cant comment on Duck You Sucker or Once Upon Time in The West though, it's been along tie since I watched those one's. In the U.S they have times dubbed english language flicks, suchs as Mad Max, even going as far as adding american muscle car engines, over the care chase scenes.

Archived