Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan Amazon Prime Series (2018)

whitesnake

whitesnake

Carlton Cuse and Graham Roland have created the upcoming Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan Amazon Prime series, which premiers on August 31, 2018.  The first season has eight episodes, and (before its premiere) has already been renewed for a second 8 -episode season.  John Krasinski (The Office TV series) is cast as Jack Ryan, the fifth actor to fill the role.  "The series centers on Jack Ryan, an up-and-coming CIA analyst thrust into a dangerous field assignment for the first time and follows the titular character as he uncovers a pattern in terrorist communication that launches him into the center of a dangerous gambit with a new breed of terrorism that threatens destruction on a global scale...  Wendell Pierce (The Wire) [is] James Greer and Abbie Cornish (Geostorm) [is] Cathy Mueller."  (Info from Wikipedia and www.action-flix.com) 

Youtube video -

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone watched this yet? I think I read all of Tom Clancy's novels until he started to get a little right wingish in The Bear and the Dragon.

Does this mean that they are not going to make a Chris Pine as Jack Ryan sequel?

There's nothing on Chris Pine's IMDB page about a future Jack Ryan movie. 

Why does Hollywood keep rebooting Jack Ryan anyway?  Start with a young Jack Ryan and there's so much baggage associated with his future (with his becoming CIA Deputy Director and later President, etc.).  Why not a series about Jack Ryan, Jr., which at least would give the series a legitimate reason to be contemporary.  Or maybe there'd be too much problem with his being son of the President and needing to disguise himself or have an excuse to be in a location where he's on a secret mission. 

To me, Jack Ryan feels like a poor man's James Bond, at least in the Chris Pine film... You're right though, Hollywood keeps rebooting it over and over hoping an actor will really connect with the character. Not happening yet, maybe Krasinski will hit it.

On 7/11/2018 at 5:56 PM, Gaijin84 said:

Anyone watched this yet? I think I read all of Tom Clancy's novels until he started to get a little right wingish in The Bear and the Dragon.

I did read some, at least Patriot Games, Without Remorse and Sum Of all Fears..Tried few more but I think while otherwise great writer he got at times far too excited about detailed military stuff and weapon technology and I was not that much interested of them.

Going to pick season 1 on black friday, now too much stuff at unwatched pile so no hurry. But snippets have seen suggests it might be very good serie.

Having watched 2 episodes from season 1, it appears to be quite good. Not very action packed but interesting even if not so original plot. What action there is, happens mostly in the end. Krasinski is bit lacking in charisma but is definitely not performing badly. Wendell Pierce however is rocking, particularly during his introduction to team. And in other scenes too.

With this viewing speed ssn1 wii be watched on wednesday, today prefer much more american action series than full movies. Much easier to view 1 episode than 90-120 mins movie.

Good stuff definitely!

Archived