Enter the Dragon - The Most Overrated Kung-Fu Movie Ever Made?

One Armed Boxer

Killer Meteor
2 hours ago, morpheus said:

I think the scripting could have been much better; plus the absence of someone makes the picture....lacking.

nora miao.jpg

To be fair, Betty Chung is almost as hot!

• Like 1

DragonClaws
18 hours ago, morpheus said:

I think the scripting could have been much better; plus the absence of someone makes the picture....lacking.

Id love to know how much Bruce Lee changed or added, there some gems among that script. I often get the impression someone was adding some bit of their own wokr on top of Micheal Allins work?.

• Like 1

morpheus
21 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

To be fair, Betty Chung is almost as hot!

Oh, you mean the owner of this dart.brucelee.jpg.8111deb23a214a368751aca6b44b411a.jpg

• Haha 1

Coliseum1972
On 7/12/2024 at 6:03 PM, AlexanderFu said:

The Gordon Solie days in Georgia were the best, so hilarious. :cool

So many great names & I loved the TV ring & small audience way more than the actual Big building cards.

people mock wrestling but Haku was feared by most.....and for good reason , Bobby H was also witn*ss to an  incident Haku had......he was BRUTAL (Rud also fought just for "fun")    

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Coliseum1972
On 7/12/2024 at 6:44 PM, ShawAngela said:

Nice song, however, it always shocks me a little bit to hear such "modern" theme in movies where the story takes place when the electric guitar didn't even exist. It doesn't fit the movies, in my opinion. There are several Shaws' movies where I was surprised by the choice of the music, that didn't fit at all the atmosphere of the movies themselves.

Horror express had electric guitar sound & like FoF around 1910.......imo it fits creepy mood 

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
12 hours ago, Coliseum1972 said:

people mock wrestling but Haku was feared by most.....and for good reason , Bobby H was also witn*ss to an  incident Haku had......he was BRUTAL (Rud also fought just for "fun")    

Don't let the laugh fool ya! :D

(From the Dark Side of the Ring Earthquake ep)

• Like 2

AlexanderFu
19 hours ago, Coliseum1972 said:

I was only maybe 12 years old when the TBS channel had the Georgia wrestling. The interviews were hilarious and even in the wrestlers at the time were playing characters, it was real in a way - for a 12 year old it was pure & cool.

Then I got a bit older & local wrestling was gone & the WWE or whatever took over & I couldn't stand it anymore.

It got too big. Like everything eventually does.

• Like 1

dionbrother
On 7/13/2024 at 11:05 AM, DragonClaws said:

Id love to know how much Bruce Lee changed or added, there some gems among that script. I often get the impression someone was adding some bit of their own wokr on top of Micheal Allins work?.

Not much, believe it or not.  He might have added the "finger pointing to the moon" lesson but that is about it.  I read an early Blood & Steel draft 25 years ago and the dialogue and philosophy is all there.  Bruce's alleged writing and authorship of his work has been exaggerated over the decades by his fandom and estate.  Allin was actually a very skilled and smart scripter.  His original Flash Gordon script was way more ambitious and interesting than what we got after Lorenzo Semple Jr. wrote an entirely new draft.

• Like 3

On 7/12/2024 at 2:04 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

I thought the editing of ETD was really bad at points. Like Bolo's odd death (all it took was a kick to the nuts apparently) or BL waving the stick at one of the guards who's being held by the captives ready to be stuck, then the next shot he's on the floor. :thinking

Yeah, but I read somewhere that Bolo's death was censored? This might be a myth. 

On 7/12/2024 at 2:04 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

At least it gave us some memorable quotes:

tumblr_pufr2qLK1E1v6w3juo1_500.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTa_9WfEBpggoPTqy2796X

036ceecc-a218-47ef-8c4d-7db4f2b5cb98_tex

d6e7d601-2001-436a-bd1c-22fede9a5853_tex

d4272682-16a6-4f55-b7a6-8a91d22c3d30_tex

acda39d3-4a2e-45fc-8fa2-d86990f4a800_tex

4fe16938-9c41-476c-aa3a-9dc6e0bdbaac_tex

1b4a62d8-a2be-4f76-926e-b5e3cbdcab45_tex

Tons more too! :D

Haha. I just have to add this one: 

bruce-lee-boards.gif

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

CoffeeScotchWizard

It had a significant cultural impact, so I don't think so. It influenced/spawn many copycats in the entertainment media, it isn't even funny. Overrated Kung Fu films for me are Once Upon A Time in China, Prodigal Son, Project A, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and so on. But to each it's own.

• Like 2