Charlie's Angels: Re-Boot - MK II (2019)

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Black Panther star Lupito Nyongo might be the final main female cast member, for the up-coming second re-boot of Charlie's Angels. She appears to be the lady of the hour, with a rumoured role in the John Woo re-make of The Killer. Joining her, will be Naomi Scott and Kristen Stewart, and here I was hoping for an all male re-boot version. Elizabeth Banks is set to produce, direct and also appear in the movie, playing, you guessed it, a female version of Bosley. Thankfully, McG is knowhere to be seen on the films crew.

398707516_640.jpeg?resolution=0

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

Drunken Monk

I’m assuming this will be more comedy driven than action driven. I can’t see Elizabeth Banks tackling hard hitting fight scenes.

• Like 3

I actually have no problem with this. I really like the original Charlie's Angels films. No, not being ironic, I think they're great big budget, entertaining flicks. Also it's nostalgic for me because I watched them quite young, in fact it may even have been my introduction to action films. Not sure about Kristen Stewart, but otherwise this should be a lot of fun.

• Like 3

https://geektyrant.com/news/naomi-scott-reportedly-being-added-to-the-charlies-angels-reboot

Naomi Scott, who played Kimberly the Pink Ranger in 2017's Power Rangers may be reuniting with Rita Repulsa herself, Elizabeth Banks, as Banks is set to direct a new reboot of Charlie's Angels. Banks not only will direct, but play the role of Bosley, giving the character originated by the late David Doyle and then on the big screen by Bill Murray and the late Bernie Mac, a gender reversal. If Scott signs, she will join the in-negotiations Lupita Nyogo'o and Kristen Stewart as the Angels.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

Could one of the moderator's please merge this post, with the thread I created for this project

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Could one of the moderator's please merge this post, with the thread I created for this project

My bad @DragonClaws...couldn't find your original thread at first.

DragonClaws
Just now, AlbertV said:

My bad @DragonClaws...couldn't find your original thread at first.

It's easily done, created a few threads for stuff, people have already brought up in the movie forum.

• Like 1

Patrick Stewart has joined the film as a Bosley as the Townsend Agency has gone worldwide with various "Angels" and "Bosleys". The one the film will focus primarily on are the Angels played by Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska with director Elizabeth Banks as their Bosley. Stewart will play one of the other Bosleys.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/patrick-stewart-play-bosley-charlies-angels-1144079

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

This will reach new levels of bad that the world might not be able to take it. I mean, Kristen Stewart? Are they even trying? lol 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DarthKato said:

This will reach new levels of bad that the world might not be able to take it. I mean, Kristen Stewart? Are they even trying? lol 

The original series isnt high-art, but there's al those kick-ass ladies out there, that they could have picked.

Though I am fan of Naomi Scott, and its good to see her get regular work. Thye could paired her with Gina Carano, or Ronda Rousey. At least have one of the actress's, have a legit Boxing or Martial Arts background.

2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

The original series isnt high-art, but there's al those kick-ass ladies out there, that they could have picked.

Though I am fan of Naomi Scott, and its good to see her get regular work. Thye could paired her with Gina Carano, or Ronda Rousey. At least have one of the actress's, have a legit Boxing or Martial Arts background.

Yeah, That is what I’m saying. There are far better choices than who they picked. Didn’t they learn from the first reboot? 

• Like 1

Banks, Patrick Stewart and Djimon Hounsou are all playing "Bosley", which instead of just one person, is being held as a "title" for the global Townsend Agency. It was also revealed that a mystery big name will replace the late John Forsythe as the voice of Charlie, but that big name has a voice that comes close to Forsythe. 

The character names have been revealed for the Angels:

• Kristen Stewart plays highly skilled wild card Sabrina Wilson (Sabrina must have came from Kate Jackson's character name of Sabrina Duncan).
  • Ella Balinska will play former MI-6 agent Jane Kano.
  • Naomi Scott will play MIT-trained science expert Elena Houghlin.

Banks also revealed it is not a reboot, but the new movie is connected to both the original 70's series AND the McG directed films.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/first-photos-the-new-charlies-angels/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Interesting. So maybe we'll see some cameos, like in Full Throttle. Intrigued as to who the voice is. My immediate pick would be Kiefer Sutherland, he's got the one of the smoothest baritone voices, Phone Booth wouldn't have been nearly as good without him.

• Like 2

kingofkungfu2002
22 minutes ago, SamSeed said:

Well that looks like a ton of fun, just as the original two are. 

It's certainly a ton of something. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Holy jesus, stewart is looking like a total babe in that trailer. She got a man yet?

She's openly gay. You thought she was a total babe in that trailer, you should see this, when she played Gisele Bundchen on SNL

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Secret Executioner
On 7/1/2018 at 2:42 PM, DragonClaws said:

and here I was hoping for an all male re-boot version.

Gender or race reversal of stuff only works one way, otherwise it's viewed as sexist or racist/"white-washing".

• Like 1

The way people are reacting online to this act like the original two are sacrosanct. They're both dumb but hugely enjoyable action films and given Banks' pedigree in comedy this looks set to be the same.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

This looks like garbage. Pure garbage. I agree that Stewart looks piping hot but I don't think that will be a saving grace.

• Like 4