Mandy (2018) - Nic Cage Seeks Bloody Revenge

AlbertV

Coming to theaters on Sept. 14, Nicolas Cage plays a husband whose wife is kidnapped by a cult and after being tortured by the cult leader, he begins a quest for revenge to get his wife back.

MV5BMjk1MjhmZWQtNzU3OC00NDE4LThlODQtNTdh

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws
49 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Coming to theaters on Sept. 14, Nicolas Cage plays a husband whose wife is kidnapped by a cult and after being tortured by the cult leader, he begins a quest for revenge to get his wife back.

Sounds perfect for Nic Cages current OTT screen acting style.

I know a lot of his recent movies havent been upto much, but you cant say he's been lazy of late, there seems to be a new Nice Cage film every two months.

I've seen two of his films that were out this year...Mom and Dad he was bats**t crazy and 211, where he did more of a dramatic performance as a cop on the verge of retirement. But this new one is set in 1983 so the grindhouse effect is perfect for him IMO.

ShaOW!linDude

I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a Nicolas Cage film or even wanted to, but whoa! I'm down for this.

DragonClaws
13 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a Nicolas Cage film or even wanted to, but whoa! I'm down for this.

I like the clip right he end, where Cage as a chainsaw, then the other guy pls out a bigger one.

Looks like a Ben Wheatly films in parts, only this looks like it rememered to be entertaining, rather than just dark.

I will be doing an interview tonight with co-star and Hollywood legend Bill Duke, who plays the character of Caruthers, in the film. Both the interview and review will be posted on the day of release.

This could actually be a lot of fun. Mom and Dad was too, though I do wish Disney would hurry up and greenlight National Treasure 3

On 9/2/2018 at 10:28 AM, SamSeed said:

This could actually be a lot of fun. Mom and Dad was too, though I do wish Disney would hurry up and greenlight National Treasure 3

Mandy is definitely Nicolas Cage's best film in recent years. I have seen it three times already and it just gets better. To see him transform from regular Joe to OTT avenger is just mindblowing thanks to director Panos Cosmatos' visuals.

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2018/09/13/mandy-2018/

Bill Duke has only one scene in the film, but he talked about his experience, and what Nic Cage is really like on set (very focused but will be there for you...good guy!)
https://worldfilmgeek.com/2018/09/13/a-legend-to-help-an-interview-with-mandy-co-star-bill-duke/

ShaOW!linDude

Watched this last night. Very bizarre film.

How best to describe the movie? It's a mash up of the Manson Family as characters in a David Lynch film that has the feel of Suspiria and 70's horror movie gore, with Nicolas Cage's overly emotive acting. He actually has very few lines at all, but boy, some of them are doozies. Linus Roache as Jeremiah, the leader of the cult, is properly psychotic and manic. (Could have lived without his sustained moment of full frontal nudity. Law & Order will never be the same for me now.) The movie has some really nice scenics and some cool psychedelic f/x. The action is fairly brutal and quite bloody. It's very trippy, but I don't know that it's anything I'd watch again.

Watched this last night. Movies like this make me wish i smoked pot.  The first hour is pretty slow you can tell the colors were trying to set  tone and a feel.. but that second half I really enjoyed. If I ever decide to smoke pot this will be one of the first movies I watch. Has a very Nicolas Winding Refn feel to it with all the colors. Also got me a cheddar goblin T shirt

Archived