Kill Bill Japanese DVD

Guest chehchangjr

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt like going back in time for this one, I own the Japanese uncut release of this film. And it is way better than the US version, but I'm surprised after all these years it hasn't gotten a BR uncut release yet. I think this was a great movie I know we have had many disputes about it on here but this was a classic. Part #2 that is another story in itself. But I want this to have a BR uncut release already, with all the gore & blood, and color at the end!

The Japanese distributor releasing the US versions on BD was a really cheap stunt. Come on, it was "uncut" on DVD!

With Vol. 2, which is almost better than Vol. 1 (:tongue:), it doesn't matter IMO, cause the only added part didn't really add anything to it - in fact, I think it hurt the film a tiny bit.

The Cannes version (Vol.1 & 2 edited into one movie) would be nice to see on BD...

Stuntman Jules

I don't know what is going on with the Cannes "Whole Bloody Affair" cut. It almost got released onto DVD several years ago, they'll probably be a Bluray someday, but I don't know why Tarantino and the Weinsteins have been sitting on it like that.

I never minded the US version though and would just as happily see those in a BD box set with better special features and commentary and all that. The black and white bit in the middle of Vol 1 I actually prefer aesthetically over the color which is just "too much" and it's a nice homage to the TV airings and censored prints of the old kung fu flicks. It's very clever that Tarantino used that to get around the MPAA.

I don't know what is going on with the Cannes "Whole Bloody Affair" cut. It almost got released onto DVD several years ago, they'll probably be a Bluray someday, but I don't know why Tarantino and the Weinsteins have been sitting on it like that.

I never minded the US version though and would just as happily see those in a BD box set with better special features and commentary and all that. The black and white bit in the middle of Vol 1 I actually prefer aesthetically over the color which is just "too much" and it's a nice homage to the TV airings and censored prints of the old kung fu flicks. It's very clever that Tarantino used that to get around the MPAA.

Tarantino wanted to re-edit the "Whole Bloody Affair" himself, then he was committed into making Inglourious Basterds . By the time he had time to revisit Kill Bill, the Weinsteins Company went bankrupt. The project, however, was still doable until Disney pulled the plug on Miramax, including Weinsteins Company, entirely.

Well whether or not I don't have a legit version of it, I still like the Color with all the blood & gore over the B/W. But again this is my preference.

Stuntman Jules
Tarantino wanted to re-edit the "Whole Bloody Affair" himself, then he was committed into making Inglourious Basterds . By the time he had time to revisit Kill Bill, the Weinsteins Company went bankrupt. The project, however, was still doable until Disney pulled the plug on Miramax, including Weinsteins Company, entirely.

The cut was put together and shown at Cannes. The DVD was literally all set to go, it had cover art and a release date on Amazon, but then it just never came out. It was so strange.

OpiumKungFuCracker

They were able to release Grindhouse in it's theatrical release on dvd/bluray and it did horrible at the box office.. I so would love to see this as one movie..

OKFC: I watched both movies of the Grindhouse on a double feature myself, and I like Planet Terror way better the other movie just plain out Fucking Dragged on & on!

Archived