RIP Choi Kwok-Keung, Shaw Brothers Stuntman

AlbertV

TwoChampionsofShaolin+1980-41-b.jpg

On June 8 in China, Choi Kwok-Keung, a stuntman, was doing a wire stunt and it went wrong, causing him to fall to his death. Choi got his start at the Shaw Brothers as a stuntman/extra in some of the Venoms' films like The Magnificent Ruffians, Masked Avengers, Rebel Intruders, and Two Champions of Shaolin (photo from above). He was good friends with Chin Siu-Ho, who at a recent Muay Thai event, announced the news and was choked up about it. They had known each other since Chin was 15 years old. The Hong Kong Stuntman Association will help take care of Choi's affairs, according to Chin. 

Story at HKSAR Film No Top 10 Box Office

Choi Kwok-Keung's Filmography at HKMDB.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R.I.P. I'd hope it was just a freak accident, and every safety precaution was taken.

Omni Dragon

RIP, this is sad news. I'm a shamed to say I didn't really recognise his name or face, despite him being in lots of thing's I've seen. Just a remind of how unknown stunt people can be. Not to take anything away from Jackie Chan but being a big star means his stunts and bravery as it should be are well known, but Choi Kwok-Keung, gave all he had and made the ultimate sacrifice in the name of entertaining the audience and it's rather low key news. Kind of surprised these sort of deaths aren't discussed more.

Archived