Untitled

DragonClaws

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws
6 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

"homeland of Asia"?

Or to be specific Hong Kong, which is apart of Asia.

Any thoughts on the exploitation of workers in Asia?, just so well off Westerners can buy a pair of trainers.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I think you'll find that a wealth of items in your average household are made in third world countries under less than desirable conditions... starting with the iPhone. 

You can either go full on and research company practices, choose only fair trade products etc. Or you can resign yourself to the fact that it is just an unfortunate part of life and move on with your day. I think picking and choosing after what is convenient for oneself is hypocritical and is for the internet SJW outrage mob and easily offended soccer moms on Facebook.

DragonClaws
18 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

I think you'll find that a wealth of items in your average household are made in third world countries under less than desirable conditions... starting with the iPhone. 

Sadly, thats the reason nearly all big companeis from around the world, love to get stuff manufatured in Asia.

Apple a very guilty of it as you point out, I dont own an Iphone or any Apple product.

NoKUNGFUforYU

I honestly think Bruce would have sided with exploiters, if anything. While he was against racism, because he was affected by it, I think he was an elitist, and the Chinese culture is very dig eat dog. I think he would have been just that is the way it is.

TibetanWhiteCrane
12 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Apple a very guilty of it as you point out, I dont own an Iphone or any Apple product.

Me neither.

If I may chime in my own opinion. I don't see any controversy here at all in terms of the BL estate. It just proves once again that they'll do anything to earn money with BL legacy. What you make of this, I'll leave it up to each one of you. I personally have a pretty strong opinion when it comes to the estate and don't support any of their products whatsoever.

Exploitation not only happens in so called third world countries. You just need to look around the corner I suppose. Also I've talked to chinese nationals before who worked in factories outsourced to european countries under more than questionable conditions. I think it's the general public which is really the problem. We don't want to pay for squat! Also I would argue many people prefer not to share their wealth.

In the end I'm with @TibetanWhiteCrane if you really care about the issue, inform yourself about company practice and in consequence don't buy any of their products. Anything else is just hot air, which in the end doesn't help anyone, except for ones own ego I guess. (no offence)

One Armed Boxer
21 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Like the Nike one's pictured above, however, these shoes are often made in poor parts of Asia. Where the workers and their familys are exploitated. Find it odd, for the BL Estate to allow Nike to use the Little Dragon's image, when they exploit many people, from Lee's homeland of Asia.

I think if Lee was bothered about exploitation he would never have starred in 'The Big Boss'.  There was a reason many HK productions filmed in Thailand - cheap crews, cheap stuntmen, cheap salaries.

The Bruce Lee Estate is another matter - they're a business, Bruce Lee just happens to be their brand, nothing more.

DragonClaws

Some great points made by everyone, I know this isnt news, but I was interested to read others opinions on the subject.

16 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

There was a reason many HK productions filmed in Thailand - cheap crews, cheap stuntmen, cheap salaries.

Not to mention the cheap labour Golden Harvest employed at times. I think it was Robert Clouse who said, it was old women carryng the buckets of mud, which would be applied to the cavern set walls, during the making of ETD?.

DragonClaws

In a tribute to Bruce Lee artist Benji Blunt elevates the iconic red, yellow, and black color scheme associated with the legendary martial artist and actor.  Even more interesting is the use of a not often seen customized adidas Campus 80s.

benji-blunt-custom-sneaker-box-bruce-lee

bruce-lee-adidas-customs-benji-blunt-8.j

Archived