Yuen Qiu

ShawAngela

Maybe a lot of you are already aware of this, but while looking for something, I discovered that this actress is actually Candy Wen's sister !

No wonder that she looked familiar in some movies and if you take a look to her portraits page on hkmdb, you'll see that one could think that they are twins, in particular when you look at her pictures in Crazy shaolin disciples, Log road to gallantry or New tales of the flying fox, and also in Police woman...

Well, writing this mades me think that maybe I should have posted this in the topic "stars resembling other stars", sorry for the mistake...

• Like 4

YuenQiu-29-b.jpg

Yuen Qiu (born April 19, 1950)

DevilHunters+1989-8-b.jpg

Candy Wen (born March 1, 1960)

Their father is Cheung Yuk-Sing, who was a trained Peking Opera actor from Shandong. 

Yuen Qiu's husband is Tony Liu Chun-Ku, aka Lu Chun-Ku

TonyLiuJunGuk-22-b.jpg

Avenging Trio, a 1989 "heroic bloodshed" film, would be Yuen's only film as director, where she was credited under her real name.

AvengingTrio+1989-1-b.jpg

• Like 6

DragonClaws

176720__97208.1342533705.380.500.jpg?c=2

Yuen Qui on the far right, with Roger Moore, on location for The Man With The Golden Gun. The move that took avaantage of the mid-70's Kung Fu mania. I'm not sure who the other girl on the picture is?.

0612_00282_006b1.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think thats Yuen Qui on the far left, during her Chinese Opera School day?

What do you think @ShawAngela?.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Yuen Qui on the far right, with Roger Moore, on location for The Man With The Golden Gun. The move that took avaantage of the mid-70's Kung Fu mania. I'm not sure who the other girl on the picture is?.

Other girl is Joie Vejjajiva - Thai/British

1600mwtgg.jpg

Edited by Gaijin84
  • Like 3

0612_00282_006b1.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think thats Yuen Qui on the far left, during her Chinese Opera School day?

What do you think @ShawAngela?.

If I compare with this picture that I upload, I see a resemblance, but I'm not sure. She looks so young on your picture ! At least, I see the same nose...

YuenQiu-16-t.jpg

Edited by ShawAngela
  • Like 1

I'm not sure who the other girl on the picture is?.

41 minutes ago, Gaijin84 said:

Before gaijin's answer, I was about to say that the other girl looked like a Thai actress...

• Like 3

Now that I know that Yuen Qiu played in this James Bond (that I watched many times ! ), I think that I'll revisit it just to spot her. I already had appreciate these girls' fight in the movie, but if I had known that one of them was a famous Shaws' actress, I would have paid more attention to her !

• Like 2

DragonClaws
16 hours ago, Gaijin84 said:

Thanks @Gaijin84

15 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Now that I know that Yuen Qiu played in this James Bond (that I watched many times ! ), I think that I'll revisit it just to spot her. I already had appreciate these girls' fight in the movie, but if I had known that one of them was a famous Shaws' actress, I would have paid more attention to her !

I found out about here, and I'm sure George Tan mentioned it on his Black Dragons Revenge commentary.

Here's another shot from the Roger Moore Bond. The soundtrack also got heavily lifted, for a lot of mid to late 70's independent Kung Fu flicks.

joie-vejjajiva-qiu-yuen-james-bond-the-m

And here's one of her scenes from the film.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Sorry, I have problems to quote you, but thank you very much for the other picture and the clip, Dragonclaws !!

• Like 1

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Sorry, I have problems to quote you, but thank you very much for the other picture and the clip, Dragonclaws !!

No problemo, had a few troubles with the forum myself of late, such as posting links and signing in problems.

Don't quote me, but they may have filmed the above sequence at Shaw Brothers studios?. Youmay also recognize Charlie Chan Yiu-Lam(Snake in the Eagl'es Shadow/Project A 2).

Hollywood harks on about strong female roles, those two ladies showed up the worlds top movie spy, when it comes to ass-kicking, back in 74.

• Like 1

I didn't know that it was Charlie Chan Yiu Lam, but I knew that I already had seen him, as well as a few other faces in this clip.

• Like 1