shintaro katsu's zatoichi better prints

Guest kwondo79

Guest kwondo79

recently i bought some of the uk versions of the zatoichi movies on dvd and to my horror the print the films where taken from are very badly damaged and you can't see half the stuff in the film for the dark contrast . This problem is the same with the lone wolf and cub movies too .

can you guys tell me what the animeago version are like in better picture terms as the uk ones use the animeago subs .

any help would be great :\

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pressureworld

it's like night and day the animeago print is as close to perfect as these films are ever likely to be there also anamorphic widescreen just beautiful

Guest Kortik

www.dvdbeaver.com is your solution to comparison. Although they dont have every Animiego release, but check out Zatoichi meets Yojimbo under Film/Review link.

Animeigo rules compare to Artsmagic crap.

Guest chiba2000

Well, that's what you get for buying those crap UK R2 DVD's, they ALWAYS STINK! I bought the Lone Wolf and Cub discs a few years ago, man do they SUCK or what!!!

/Chiba2000 8)

www.ninjadojo.com

Guest killer meteor

The majority of the UK discs are sourced from the old Animego laserdiscs and this explains the shoddy quality. I don't know what our chances of the re-masters being released in the UK are but we can always hope - or go multi-region!

Guest kungfusamurai

Those Artsmagic UK DVDs are infamous for being crappy. The HK ones probably look 1000 times better. Animeigo is great, but I'm not so crazy about their audio cleanup techniques. I don't know if Home Vision is using the same 'pop removal' software. But in terms of the picture quality, yeah, Animeigo is the best.

KFS

the UK discs of older Japanese films on average look inferior to other versions. BTW, Media Blasters is releasing the first season of the original Zatoichi series early next year on dvd. If it sells well, they will release more.

"BTW, Media Blasters is releasing the first season of the original Zatoichi series early next year on dvd. "

YESSS!! Thanks for that news, Linn---I love the movies and have heard good things about the TV series---can't wait to see a good quality release of that.

is great if you like the films, as they are VERY much mini versions of the films with the same behind the scenes talent.

Archived