Nobody can find me this movie...Nobody!

Frank Bolte

Frank Bolte

hehe sorry..wanted to be a bit provocative :D

still looking for a movie from the year 1954 called the story of lam sai wing and wong fei hung 

黃飛鴻與林世榮

it was on Hongkong TV... I tried the hong kong film archive they say they dont have it, others say it was donated to them...

Im looking for this since more than 10 years...sigh  chances are either vhs recordings or the original film..no dvd,vcd etc or such thing

881573291_m.jpg

Edited by Frank Bolte
  • Like 3

I searched on taobao, but couldn't find it.

But I found a clip on youtube showing Wong Fei Hung's last wife practising her techniques, probably in a movie because there is another actor in the clip :

• Like 4

Frank Bolte

yeah, this clip is from another of those old wong fei hung movies..and yes it shows the real last wife of wong fei hung :)

• Like 3

NoKUNGFUforYU
3 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Did you see if it is at the HK Film Archive?

Just looked, not on Video there. If it were in their 35 mm collection most likely you would have to be a wealthy patron or someone who has donated a lot of films like Toby Russell or I imagine Quentin Tarantino.

• Like 3

HK Film archives dont have it..but there was a wong fei hung film festival in HK years ago..and they did show this film there at least parts of it..and somewhere I read that this film was donated to the hkfilm archives but tehy denied that...so yeah my only hopes that it one day pops up on youtube as so many have already..probably someone in HK has it on vhs tape recorded from tv...cos most of these films were aired at some point..specially in the 80s

• Like 2

I wonder if there would be film elements left for some of these? Guessing what HK Film Archives have would be. But, if they were shown on HK television back in the 80`s would that be from a Beta transfer? Could there still be a copy in a television station`s archive from then? 

Hope you find it someday. A lot of these old Wong Fei Hung films would be nice to have on a blu-ray if there was a way to do a 2k scan from surviving film elements. It was so cool that those older films showcased the forms; thus, preserving them for future generations. Too bad there doesn't seem to be much interest in them getting these titles out to the public. Might be a possible income generater for the Archive. 

• Like 3