Avengement: Scott Adkins, Louis Mandylor, Kierston Waring,Thomas Turgoose, Craig Fairbrass (2019)

DragonClaws

Just wow...

One the best movies  Scott Adkins ever did. Non-linear story, brutal fights, a bit of gore, decent plot, acting, directing - can't really complain about anything.

Great example of how to make a good movie on a low budget. Kudos to everybody involved!

Edited by D1 Ma
grammar
  • Like 4

Drunken Monk

Avengement features Adkins’ best performance to date...by far. He is fantastic in this one.

As for the film itself? It’s top tier stuff. Really enjoyable. It’s a nice hybrid of British gangster film and martial arts actioner. And yes, the film is fight filled. It’s not Tim Man’s most inspired work but it’s not meant to be. The fights are scrappy and brutal. And holy shit, they’re enjoyable.

This miles better than Triple Threat. A truly enjoyable film with a razor sharp script and a solid plot. Well worth picking up.

• Like 4

Frank Bolte

this was off the fuckin meter! One of the best Scott Adkins flicks Ive seen..his movies getting better and better!

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
5 minutes ago, KCN9NE said:

How is everyone watching this movie? I already have it pre ordered.. but am dying to see it! 

It's available as a rental on Prime Video. That's how I watched it. Although, I've seen a lot of bootlegs out there.

• Like 1

I second every comment on here about the movie! Adkins in full psycho mode... Holy f***ing shit. A very raw and brutal movie. And without giving too much away, but did production draw inspiration from American History X :tongueout

• Like 3

DragonClaws

More positive feedback for Avengement, and not just from us action fans, but more mainstream critics.

• Like 3

Looks cracking but surely the whole "cockernee gangster" thing is wearing a bit thin now?

Everyone calling each other the c word constantly...is this how the rest of the world thinks Londoners talk?

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
3 hours ago, Karlos said:

Looks cracking but surely the whole "cockernee gangster" thing is wearing a bit thin now?

Everyone calling each other the c word constantly...is this how the rest of the world thinks Londoners talk?

It’s shtick. It’s the same with American “hood” movies. The vernacular is exaggerated in order to entertainment.

With that said, I don’t think Avengement is saying “This is how Londoners talk.” But it is saying, “This is how this bunch of cockney gangsters talk.” Like Snatch and Lock Stock.

• Like 5

On 6/1/2019 at 9:09 PM, rdenn said:

UK Cinema release and Q&A with Scott Atkins 13th June 

https://www.picturehouses.com/cinema/Stratford_London/film/avengement-plus-qanda

OK. I had a ticket to see my favourite comedian Stewart Lee in London that day, but it says something about how much I love Adkins' films that I'm seriously considering seeing if anybody else wants it so I can go to this!

• Like 5

ShaOW!linDude

I picked this up this weekend and watched it tonight. Not gonna lie. I thought this movie was getting over-hyped. Whoa! This movie is freakin' banzai! Loads of action, and it is vicious. No, this isn't the typical Adkins film. There's a little bootwork, but not like we're used to seeing from him. It is the story of man wronged by his brother, sent to prison, what he has to become to survive, and his revenge. The story and action are paced very well. Overall, the movie just has a good flow and plenty of solidly brutal action. Liked better than I thought I would.

• Like 6

On 6/11/2019 at 5:29 AM, ShaOW!linDude said:

I picked this up this weekend and watched it tonight. Not gonna lie. I thought this movie was getting over-hyped. Whoa! This movie is freakin' banzai! Loads of action, and it is vicious. No, this isn't the typical Adkins film. There's a little bootwork, but not like we're used to seeing from him. It is the story of man wronged by his brother, sent to prison, what he has to become to survive, and his revenge. The story and action are paced very well. Overall, the movie just has a good flow and plenty of solidly brutal action. Liked better than I thought I would.

Any chance of a Mini Review for this?

• Like 3

ShaOW!linDude
3 hours ago, SamSeed said:

Any chance of a Mini Review for this?

Sorry, @SamSeed, but probably not this one. The action is flavored more like minor brawls with touches of MA flourishes here and there. Don't get me wrong. The fights are very solid with very good choreography throughout, and there are a lot of them, many with multiple antagonists. But I don't know that overall they warrant the typical fight breakdown I like to do. But who knows? I might rethink it after a 2nd viewing. It's just a fun, violent, fight movie to just relax and watch.

• Like 4

great event for the premier of avengment the movie was well recieved with a big turnout as well  and the q&a was really good and most of the cast and crew were at the event which was cool got to mingle with them at the bar and got a pic with scott atkins and one of the other actors afterwards (Thomas Turgoose from "this is england" and Nick Moran from "lock stock" ,  and good to catch up with some old faces as well from the scene (rick baker)  and free cocktails at the bar was a good treat. Scott said to me Ipman is coming in December

nullnullnullnull

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 7

Finally caught up with Avengement this past week and echo all the praise it has been getting. Easily Jesse Johnson's best film and the best role Adkins has had in years. 

• Like 3

Just caught thisone finally, great job by all involved...... Especially Adkins..... Phenomenal job!!! Scott was given the chance to show his acting chops for a change as well as the many fights in the film. Awesome british gangster movie with some great brawl brutal fights. The finale was amazing and top notch acting and direction. 5 stars!!!!! I need a Blu-ray copy of this ASAP!!!!  

• Like 5